+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

sunyyy

Nov 14, 2018
Hie. I applied my study permit on October 22nd under SDS online category but till today I didn’t get any update . Anyone with the same situation please share.
I applied through an agent on the same date, till now they have not given me update too or request for medical

maxevans4

Sep 11, 2018
In chasing another degree or certificate program based on your work experience is very feasible to get a study permit approval but its very tedious esp in convincing the VO, and it also boils down to the written SOP explaining your situation to the VO outstandingly about "the reason for deciding to chase that particular course related to your work experience instead of your graduate course, the benefit of such course to you and your country after spending huge funds undergoing it, why can't you chase such course in your home country than Canada or anywhere else, the employment prospect of such course in your home country, how you came to realize of such passion with the intended course, why a PGD after a bachelor and why not Masters, and explain any study gap."

Though the VO are always skeptical of using such tendencies of not always going for a previous related course and a step upward based on progressiveness in program type i.e. bachelor to masters etc to assess the genuineness of a prospect student but few previous applicants has gotten approval with such situation as yours with a well explained SOP but convincing the VO is based on 50/50 cleverness.

For answers based on
1. Being a freelancer in a said profession isn't enough proof for such job because certain documents are needed for evident proofs like payslips, employment letter, leave and approval letter, bank statement, (and tax clearance, receipts, contracting payments slips, etc for personal investment) and every important documents that show proof of employment.

Any certificate on your new found career will come very handy.

2. Its a good idea but you must try to explain to the VO in your SOP why you decide to register it now prior to you study permit processing by trying to kill any doubt that it wasn't for such purpose that its thought and importance was reasoned.

3. Not take of the aforesaid, and provide proof to every important points in your SOP. Explain your situation with backups of evidence. Try as much as possible to be honest.

Best of luck!
Thanks a lot for your detailed respose. Much appreciated.
For proof of employment, as a freelancer, what if I can provide official letters from some of my clients stating clearly the work I did for them and other relevant details, and also include payslips/bank statements of payments for work done?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thanks a lot for your detailed respose. Much appreciated.
For proof of employment, as a freelancer, what if I can provide official letters from some of my clients stating clearly the work I did for them and other relevant details, and also include payslips/bank statements of payments for work done?
Like aforesaid, freelancing isn't a tangible employment to come back to which can convince the VO that you will return to your country after your studies in Canada. If this is done, a refusal resaon like "current employment situation or employment prospect in country of residence" is "likely" to be given by the VO

If you can get a reliable company, enterprise, or ICTs companies to address a letter of a solidified contract letter/employment letter on full time bases, stamped, dated and signed, then attested it in the ministry of commerce(if applicable). This can boldly suffice to back up your freelancing employment letters which you also need to address in your SOP on how you render this freelancing(this can be on weekends) and balance your full time job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Saudi

ayeniademola

Sep 13, 2018
As far as it seems, yes its a positive sign. Stay optimistic
Many thanks for your response, i am really grateful. This is the new msg i got from them after i sent them the new letter of acceptance kindly peruse and advise me further....

Dear ADEMOLA AYENI

We write in reply to your enquiry of 19/11/18 and confirm receipt of the new letter of acceptance which has already been appended to your file.

As indicated on our website, the processing times provided are based on how long it took to process 80% of all applications during that time period and are subject to change. As these processing times refer to 80% of applications, some applications will fall outside of these timeframes. In addition, as they are an average, there will be some fluctuations in processing times at peak periods during the course of the year.

That being said, please be assured that your application has been received and is currently in active process and we are making every effort to complete processing as expeditiously as possible. As soon as processing is completed we will contact you.

If you are no longer interested in visiting Canada, please inform our office in writing that you wish to withdraw your application. As processing of your application has already commenced, a processing fee refund would not be applicable.

CLW

Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration

4 Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

www.nigeria.gc.ca

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Many thanks for your response, i am really grateful. This is the new msg i got from them after i sent them the new letter of acceptance kindly peruse and advise me further....

Dear ADEMOLA AYENI

We write in reply to your enquiry of 19/11/18 and confirm receipt of the new letter of acceptance which has already been appended to your file.

As indicated on our website, the processing times provided are based on how long it took to process 80% of all applications during that time period and are subject to change. As these processing times refer to 80% of applications, some applications will fall outside of these timeframes. In addition, as they are an average, there will be some fluctuations in processing times at peak periods during the course of the year.

That being said, please be assured that your application has been received and is currently in active process and we are making every effort to complete processing as expeditiously as possible. As soon as processing is completed we will contact you.

If you are no longer interested in visiting Canada, please inform our office in writing that you wish to withdraw your application. As processing of your application has already commenced, a processing fee refund would not be applicable.

CLW

Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration

4 Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

www.nigeria.gc.ca
The message is nothing serious but UST a normal generic message that has used to reply other applicants in similar case. So far, as the message conveys, there is a devwlop in your application as your new letter has been received as affixed to your application file. Be best optimistic and be prayerful

divpreet

Nov 26, 2018
Hello everyone!

Got accepted to the Universirty of Winnipeg in Manitoba and Saint Mary's University in Nova Scotia for BBA,Bcom 2019 Jan Intake

Any suggestions as to which province is better? Jobs, economy, pr...

Best of luck to everyone!
hello i am also going to u winnipeg 2019 jan contact me on 8989456599

Royal Ajigs

Oct 17, 2018
Permit Rejection
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Where did you apply from? You should request for your gcms notes to ascertain the full epistle of the refusal reasons. Then you can come back to ask questions, as anything/answers any body would give will be rigorously based on assumptions which won't be ideal in your reapplication due to numerous refusal reasons.

spacer15

Dec 3, 2018
Alright guys, here is my story and I genuinely need advice.

I have done my undergraduate program from a very reputable university in Pakistan for computer science.

I scored 2.72/4 CGPA. The percentage equivalence comes out to be 70.8 % because of the grading scheme used in my university.

I have just given my Ielts on 1st december 2018 and I am trying to gain admission in universities for masters of computer science for the September 2019 semester.

I have contacted two universities from which both stated that I am admissible to apply and one stated that 60% - 100% of Pakistani grade is equal to 80% - 100% grade in Canada.

According to the above statement, my percentage should be approximately above 85% in Canada, right?

Also, the universities which I have shortlisted are the following.

Western University
Ryerson University
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Memorial University of New Found Land
McMaster University
Windsor University

I have 1.5 years experience in Software Engineering in a Multi National Company.

I would have greater than 2 years of experience before the start of september semester.

Now, the main question is what do you guys think about me applying in the above listed universities? Would I be able to secure admission to them?

Please if anyone can help me out, then please do because I really do not want to waste my money on applying for universities to which it is really hard to gain admission to.

Program I am trying to gain admission to : Masters of Computer Science (Project or Coursework)

I would prefer universities in Ontario.

I would be very thankful to anyone who can help me out. I am not seeking for graduate diplomas, I am seeking only masters.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Yes, you can secure an admission but one thing for such is that computer science is a very competitive course in Canadian universities. So a good grade, publications or certain research areas or experience and a well written letter of intent will do the trick. The above shortlisted universities are good, you can as well try University of Ottawa

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Permit Rejection
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
wow, they ticked so many reasons. Get the gcms report from caipsgcms.com to know the exact reason.

spacer15

Dec 3, 2018
Yes, you can secure an admission but one thing for such is that computer science is a very competitive course in Canadian universities. So a good grade, publications or certain research areas or experience and a well written letter of intent will do the trick. The above shortlisted universities are good, you can as well try University of Ottawa
Thank you, this message really motivates me.

I have secured 2.98 CGPA in my last two years and average was around B grades.

I would be applying to only a maximum of 5 universities so I would like to shortlist my university list better.

Western University is a must as my relatives are living in London and my accommodation would be free there.

I could also try applying to University of Manitoba or University of Saskatchewan or University of Regina.

Please if anyone could shortlist 4 universities for me for Masters of Computer Science with a CGPA of 2.72/4. So that I apply only on those universities which my admission can be confirmed and I do not waste time and money. Please guys, if anyone.