+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Check Holland college or Prince Edward University in Canada.. very affordable.
Thanks for your reply.. I just checked University of Prince Edward, MBA is very expensive.. Holland College is way cheaper but they only offers Diploma, Accounting Technician.. I’m a graduate of BS Accountancy and I’m not sure if Diploma fir Accounting Technician is appropriate for me, maybe the Visa Officer will think that it is a downgrade study instead of upgrading my education level.. this is why I’m aiming for Masters course..

I found an Ontario Graduate Certificate for 1 year, is this okay?

Any advice please.. thanks so much

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I need urgent guidance plz. I have a professional diploma in accounting from ACCA. Should I apply for diploma or advanced diploma since the one I have is not up to bachelor degree?
Hi, which school and course do you intend to apply?

I finished BS Accountancy last 2003 and have 13 years working experience..

I’m looking into applying for MBA, Masters in Accountancy and Masters in Taxation are very expensive.. MBA is far cheaper..

Please share any information you may have.. i intend to go for next year’s September intake

Joelle111

May 30, 2018
UofM Sept 019, and you?
I was thinking the same except the Public admin program..im Nigerian too btw (I live in Qatar). But i read some posts about how a mismatched program might affect Visa acceptance. I have a BBA in Int. Hospitality Management and decent transcripts. I took a course in law within this BBA. And have been working as a Legal Secretary for almost a year. But im concerned that the VO might think its comple different from my BBA, and that since MPA could focus on the Canadian govt that I will not return to my country. Whats your 2 cents?

Sep 1, 2018
Is this the summary or the detailed SOP? if YES for SUMMARY then its okay based on the financial analysis but if YES for DETAILED, some vital infos are skipped. What i read in your SOP was just only about justifying your financial status which is good but there are other points to also include to strengthen an SOP. The break down of points to write on are

1. Introduction(talk little about yourself, your graduate course, and other relevant activities etc)

2. why you choose the course (you intend to do, and how it will make you a better person to yoursef and country)

3. Benefits of the course( especially to yourself and your home country etc.. always mention and your course to the interest of your country etc)

4. Why you choose Canada to study

5. Why the chosen University

6. Your short and long term plans( make sure you hint at returning back to your country after ur propose program)

When writing from the beginning, always try to paint a picture of you returning back to your country

..and how precious ur country is to help you explore ur new found or acquired knowledge after ur program..
Good day , can I send you my SOP for review ? , would love to get a response soon

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I was thinking the same except the Public admin program..im Nigerian too btw (I live in Qatar). But i read some posts about how a mismatched program might affect Visa acceptance. I have a BBA in Int. Hospitality Management and decent transcripts. I took a course in law within this BBA. And have been working as a Legal Secretary for almost a year. But im concerned that the VO might think its comple different from my BBA, and that since MPA could focus on the Canadian govt that I will not return to my country. Whats your 2 cents?
BTW how many years gap do you have? Having a long gap can be reasonable in terms of going for a course that is completely related to your work experience(this way, you have to state a completely convincing explanation to satisfy the VO which is also a logical progression in terms of acquiring promotion etc after doing such course) but if your previous studies has a short gap since graduation, it will be more ideal to go for a course best relate to your previous studies.

This is not to say that you can't go for a course that suits your previous studies because you working now(due to gaps) or vice versa, the decision is yours if you can explain to the VO why you decide to go for a course that best suits your work experience rather than your previous studies intuitively(many people has got refused in such situation because they couldn't convince the VO)

FYI: since you living in Qatar, if you don't have a study permit, work permit or a residence permit in Qatar and you apply to Canada from there, you will be refused. Also, don't go for a course or give the VO an or any impression of you not living after your studies

Kaedot

Aug 26, 2018
Hello,
Plz help me clarify a doubt. I have 8 yrs gap since I completed high school. However I have obtained a diploma from an online course n now want to apply for college diploma in Canada. Can my recently obtained diploma cover my gaps? The diploma is related to the program I want to apply to study.
Thanks

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,
Plz help me clarify a doubt. I have 8 yrs gap since I completed high school. However I have obtained a diploma from an online course n now want to apply for college diploma in Canada. Can my recently obtained diploma cover my gaps? The diploma is related to the program I want to apply to study.
Thanks
No, it can't because diploma is at least 2yrs which can be part of the gap explanation but can't cover the entirety of it. You have to clearly explain to the VO what you have been doing(work, voluntary services etc should cover the gaps) and why now did you decide to go back to school

BTW most Canadian schools and employers don't recognize online courses so do well to do a proper research before getting tarry

Reactions: Al Saudi

Kaedot

Aug 26, 2018
Thank you for your guidance. I have a job but it's not related to what I want to study. Can it help?

Joelle111

May 30, 2018
BTW how many years gap do you have? Having a long gap can be reasonable in terms of going for a course that is completely related to your work experience(this way, you have to state a completely convincing explanation to satisfy the VO which is also a logical progression in terms of acquiring promotion etc after doing such course) but if your previous studies has a short gap since graduation, it will be more ideal to go for a course best relate to your previous studies.

This is not to say that you can't go for a course that suits your previous studies because you working now(due to gaps) or vice versa, the decision is yours if you can explain to the VO why you decide to go for a course that best suits your work experience rather than your previous studies intuitively(many people has got refused in such situation because they couldn't convince the VO)

FYI: since you living in Qatar, if you don't have a study permit, work permit or a residence permit in Qatar and you apply to Canada from there, you will be refused. Also, don't go for a course or give the VO an or any impression of you not living after your studies
Thank you. Your response is well appreciated. I graduated from my BBA in 2015 so not that long of a gap year. I’ve also been considering MSc in Management but was hesitant because writing a thesis is a nightmare but that’s something I might have to get past! However, I think it gives me a better chance than the MPA since I did research (thesis) for my BBA. I have a Qatar residency, sponsored by my father so hopefully that won’t cause any problems..

Another question if you don’t mind. I’ve been reading (a lot) about what VO’s consider when granting visas and thats ties to your home country. I’ve been living in Qatar for 16 years now with my family (half of them, rest are abroad). So does that query my ties to Qatar or Nigeria? Only ties I have here in Qatar is family..no properties or loans. However, my mom owns a school and properties in Nigeria. So which do I talk about? Sorry if its a silly question! I’m just trying to ready myself.