+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relatives : How to document that?

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
jnathan said:
sunasir,

Someone in Social welfare means he/she is destroying Canada's economy at a very very small pace.
I am afraid sir ,applicant is not concerned with relative's source of income .legally they dont bother it ,just a reference and reunification of family is the main idea.

luckystar123

Apr 19, 2012
Hi There,

I was checking CIC website now in doubt for relative points I have relative in canada my relation with her is like this

My mother's brother's wife or in other words

My Maternal uncle's wife

Do I qualify for 5 points for Adaptabiliy ??????

Thanks and Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
luckystar123 said:
Hi There,

I was checking CIC website now in doubt for relative points I have relative in canada my relation with her is like this

My mother's brother's wife or in other words

My Maternal uncle's wife

Do I qualify for 5 points for Adaptabiliy ??????

Thanks and Regards
Hi pakmate,

IMHO that relationship might not fetch u the points. The acceptable relatives r strictly as per the OP.

Qorax

ruze

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 24, 2010
AOR Received.
June, 2010 then March, 2011
File Transfer...
October, 2010 IN Process since March 15, 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
October 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 2014
LANDED..........
next year!
qorax said:
Hi pakmate,

IMHO that relationship might not fetch u the points. The acceptable relatives r strictly as per the OP.

Qorax
yes, qorax is right. you cannot get the 5 points adaptability as your relative is your uncle's wife. it has to be your uncle. your mother's brother. Good luck to all of us!

drsara

May 11, 2012
hi, points n documents can b earn from adaptibility
i've 3 relatives in canada,
1. my sister,having prc,has been living and visiting canada witinh 5 yr n last month finally landed with her 4 kids (my niece and nephew)all canadian born but under 10.i think she doesn't have credit card or any other relevant document,all on his husband''s name,a canadian citizen.
my2. maternal aunt,canadian citizen,i can get her birth certificate or b form to show common parent,but not sure about a valid document like bank account on her name as she's also also a housewife.
n then my 3.patrenal uncle,canadian citizen,must b having all things but i don't have his birth certificate to show common parent,as he was born before pakistan,for marriage certificate i\ll 've to ask him,i've my fathers and my uncles national id card already,will it work?or should i dig more.n will u plz suggest if i'll be able to complete of 2 relative then should i send both to make it sound more or just work for any one.plz suggest

sabar_acmi

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
staralihaider said:
Proof of relationship to your relative living in Canada and evidence that your relative is living in Canada:

Provide official, objective, legible documentation to prove that you are related to your relative. Documents should include birth certificates and marriage certificates. The certificates must state the parents' full names. You must provide certificates for each person that links you to your relative. All documentation must predate your application. Affidavits prepared for the purpose of your application will not be considered conclusive evidence of your relationship.

Provide proof that your relative is living in Canada now. This should include: payslips issued to your relative by their employer in Canada, Canadian income tax documents (recent Notice of Assessment), credit card and bank account statements in your relative's name showing transactions that occurred in Canada. We will not accept utility bills, telephone bills and property ownership documents as conclusive evidence that your relative is living in Canada.

You must forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days of the date of this email. You will not receive any additional requests or reminders.

Yours sincerely,

CKL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commisariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
I have same problem
My grandparents died I don't have birth certificates to prove relationship .. can any one guide me what else I can show for proof

katoch_sunny

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
Hi,
NO Marriage Certificate and NO birth certificate of my mother. I want to claim 5 points based on my maternal uncle who is a PR in canada and he has both certificates.

How should I prove that my mother and him are real brother-sister and have a common father?HuhHuh?
But my mother has class 10th marksheet and a passport on which father's name is given.

Please help anyone!!

escaflowne

Aug 29, 2014
My Wife's Aunt (Her Father's younger sister) is a Canadian Citizen. I am the principal applicant. No Birth certificate or maaraige certificate for both of them Here is what i am going to submit.

Affidavit for Birth Certificate for My Wife' father.
Affidavit for Birth Certificate for My Wife' Aunt. (She in in India for Vaccation)
Passport copy of My Wife' Aunt.

Will this Would be enough.

SBI

Star Member
Aug 31, 2014
Hi Qorax,
I am regular visitor of this site and I find your inputs quite helpful. This is the first time I am writing personally. I have a query and hope to receive the desired guidance ASAP. I have recently send my application (FSW 2014) to CIO, Nova Scotia. My sister is a Canadian citizen and I have attached her citizenship card, passport copies, citizenship certificate, bank statement and driving license copies. But somehow I missed to send her birth certificate copy that mentions our fathers' name. Although CIO can verify the details in their records since my name would be there in my sisters file.
My question is will CIO reject my file completely just because I have not provided the birth certificate or will I be asked to provide that at a later stage? I have the birth certificate with me. Is there any provision that I can send it to CIO before they assess my file. Anticipating an early response and thanks in advance. Regards...

FRG

Jun 11, 2014
Dear Members,

Kindly advice on below matter.

Document checlist - item 14, proof of residency:

My maternal uncle is canadian citizen. However, he is not residing there. He visits there to meet his son ocassionally who is also a citizen, studying there and lives in dome.

For first two requirements of item 14 of checlist i have gathered all required documents. However, i am unable to gather supporting document for proof of residency as he is not living there.

Can you suggest what can be done in this regards.

Further, i am a financial auditor and have post qualification experience of 6 years. out of which 3 years is post membership of professional qualification recognised by WES as 3 years bachelors.

if for instance i am unable to claim relatives point, can i claim point for more than 3 year work experience?

Regards,

FRG

saravsingh1

Oct 15, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi Seniors,

May be this question has already been asked, but just need help with fetching 5 additional points.

I have following relative in Canada who is a PR there.

Son of my father's- sister.

Please help me with this confusion and also how can I prove this relationship.

Thank you everyone!

saad-rehman

Feb 10, 2016
Dear All,

I need help in one question:

I want to apply immigration for Nova Scotia Provincial nomination. I am claiming 5 points for adaptability factor for relative (uncle) who lives in Toronto and are citizen. But i want to make sure will i get 5 points as i am applying immigration to NovaScotia but my uncle lives in Ontario which is other state. is it applicable ?

Thanks in Advance

Deutschland

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Dear Friends,

I have a question. I have my maternal aunt and maternal grandparents living in Ontario. To prove my relation with them, I will submit my mother Higher Secondary Certificate (as it includes common Father's Name), my aunt Higher Secondary School Certificate (it include the common father name) and my maternal grandfather residence card of Canada. I could not find the birth Certificate of my mother or my maternal aunt as it was lost when we were moving. Please suggest that whether these documents are enough to prove my relation with my maternal grandparents and maternal aunt? Thanks in advance.

vijay lanka

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hi,
Kindly let me know if i can claim points for siblings in canada if my uncle is citizen of canada but currently residing in USA. He moved to USA 15 yrs back but he got the Citizen ship card and canadian passport but he dont have the utility bills and IT Assessment. Thanks in advance