+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of principal applicant's relationship to sponsor - spelling error in birth certificate

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
hi all,

i am sponsoring my mother from India and as a proof of relationship, i will be submitting my certificate of birth.
the document just has my mother's first name referred and no last name.
and the main issue is that her name is spelled as VASANTHI instead of VASANTI.
will this cause any issue? how should i handle this?

Jessilyn

Feb 16, 2018
Errors on Birth Certificates are not common but they do happen. My lawyer suggested attaching a letter explaining anything that CBSA may be confused about. So I would recommend the same thing. If you have time to before submitting, I would try to have the birth certificate fixed.

sk1519

Jun 28, 2019
Hello @acerbico423 . I am a Canadian PR.I am sponsoring my wife through an inland application. In the application, birth certificate is required. My wife does have birth certificate but it is filled out by Pen back in 1995. Also, there is a missing "a" from her last name and her parent's respective last names.

What do you guys recommend we do? Do we submit a LOE that the person filling it out made a mistake? Kindly share your experience.
Do we need to submit a translated document because it is filled out in Pen. Kindly advice.

Itsgps

Oct 25, 2020
hi all,

i am sponsoring my mother from India and as a proof of relationship, i will be submitting my certificate of birth.
the document just has my mother's first name referred and no last name.
and the main issue is that her name is spelled as VASANTHI instead of VASANTI.
will this cause any issue? how should i handle this?
hello @acerbico423 - what did your brother do finally ? I am in the same boat and wondering if you could share your experience pls.