+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

Umplaut14

May 18, 2015
Hello everyone !

Can anyone please send the link or paste the info of CIC where CIC asks for prior six months balance. I found the CIC proof of funds page where it clearly specifies the amount of proof of funds according to the size of family but nothing on the the timeline.

I have the required balance in my bank account for the past two months. (From April 1st) :(

Very worried.

Help would be much appreciated.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Umplaut14 said:
Hello everyone !

Can anyone please send the link or paste the info of CIC where CIC asks for prior six months balance. I found the CIC proof of funds page where it clearly specifies the amount of proof of funds according to the size of family but nothing on the the timeline.

I have the required balance in my bank account for the past two months. (From April 1st) :(

Very worried.

It just says that, among other things, they want your bank letter to note your average balances over the last six months. It does not does not absolutely does not ever say you have to prove you have had the money for six months. Rumors start on this board like wildfire, and suddenly everyone "knows" something that isn't true!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does explicitly state that on the site. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Check under "Proof of Funds" on this link.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Umplaut14 said:
Hello everyone !

Very worried.

This is what it says:

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) which list all current bank and investment accounts, as well as outstanding debts such as credit cards and loans.
The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.

So you see, CIC wants to know your average balance over the past six months. It does not say anywhere that you have to have held the required amount of money for six months.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
@dobes :

Six - Months balance is just a rumour. Not really required. But makes a stronger aapplicationwhen you got it for 6 months.

But I woud advice you to maintain it atleast for 3 months, since 2 months are already over for you.

Newbie4Canada

May 30, 2015
Hi Dobes,

You mentioned in your reply that you may also include investment proof. Does this include stock certificate or mutual fund certificate? Or, when younsaid investment, does this mean owning an asset such as land? And proof would be certificate of land title?

Thanks.

srchaitanya

May 29, 2015
One further question on proof of funds.
If I am planning to apply visa only for myself (but I will mention my dependents as 2 in my application) then how much money as proof funds I should show.

visa2015

Jan 26, 2015
Hi All,

I have a quick question,

1. Whether joint account statement will help ? I haven't decided whether myslef or mywife is going to be principal accounted hence I want to keep the balance in joint account. please confirm

2. Can we show balance of PPF account, EPF account and demat account. please suggest?

3. What about property ?

Thanks

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Davidravi, alvirahuda :

EPF is acceptable. I have inquired about this in another forum and many users said it is ok as POF.

Logically EPF is some money that you hold and can be readily encashed, once you terminate your employment.

Any post office deposit seem ok. But if the locking period of your FD is long, you need to rethink.

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
fatehelps said:
Davidravi, alvirahuda :

EPF is acceptable. I have inquired about this in another forum and many users said it is ok as POF.

Logically EPF is some money that you hold and can be readily encashed, once you terminate your employment.

Any post office deposit seem ok. But if the locking period of your FD is long, you need to rethink.
thanks for your reply
but Post office FDR are of 5 years but anytime encashable.

davidravi

Jan 25, 2015
fatehelps said:
Davidravi, alvirahuda :

Thanks fatehelps!!!

perdy

Jun 1, 2015
hello good day I did not know which option to choose. I recently applied for the express entry thing I setup where they can charge my ccard what is next