+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

vaish22

Feb 24, 2020
Hey People!!
I have a gift deed letter written but the problem is I don't have the scanned copy of the cheque, in this circumstance what can be a substantial evidence?

Also, the gift deed is after the ITA , will it be a problem?

vaish22

Feb 24, 2020
Hey folks! a quick question about when to get a gift deed. i received a gift from my parents but this was after I received my ITA. Would the fact that i disclosed I have sufficient funds to meet the minimum threshold on the EE application before receiving the ITA count as misrepresentation? Anyone who has got a gift deed done after receiving an ITA??
Hey!! I have a similar problem! Did you manage to get through without problems??

haris_rasheed

Jul 13, 2018
Hey People!!
I have a gift deed letter written but the problem is I don't have the scanned copy of the cheque, in this circumstance what can be a substantial evidence?

Also, the gift deed is after the ITA , will it be a problem?
I ahd the same issue. I gave the Gift Deed without cheque details. let see what happens. What abt u?

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi, has anyone got a sample or a format of the statement from EPFO (India)? Would really appreciate that.

MzPearl

Jun 1, 2018
Hello,
I have the gift deed, affidavit and LOE, do I still need 6 months statements and bank letter? Please let me know. Thanks!
Hello, I have almost same circumstances. I have a gift deed from my paternal uncle in a finance house, fixed deposit in same fiance house in Nigeria for a period of 6 months, which I can renew on the expiration of the 6 months, and affidavit. Note that none of these funds went through my bank account.

1. Can these be used as a valid proof of fund for canadian PR?

2. Do I still need to submit my salary bank statement for a period of 6 months?

arjun09

Dec 9, 2019
Hi All, I live in US but will be getting a gift deed from my father who is in India. I read gift should reflect the sign of both parties, the gift provider and receiver but in my case as I reside in a different country, how do I proceed with gift deed option?

calgal90

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Hi everyone, I have a question. I am the main applicant and my fiancé is the dependant. My fiancés father will be gifting us money for POF. Will this be a problem given that he is the father of the dependant and not the father of the main applicant? We are not married yet, but only because we had to move our wedding due to COVID-19.

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Hi everyone, I have a question. I am the main applicant and my fiancé is the dependant. My fiancés father will be gifting us money for POF. Will this be a problem given that he is the father of the dependant and not the father of the main applicant? We are not married yet, but only because we had to move our wedding due to COVID-19.

Your
My father in law gave my wife a gift for the money under a gift deed and I prepared a consent letter from her to me that I can use the funds towards immigration process. I landed with PR last year. So it will work, you can go ahead.

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020

In my case, no one except my husband had money (husband is dependent). It was from investements in mutual funds. Our consultant advised me that it is not safe to withdraw that money and show as our POF. Questions can be asked how my husband got so much money in short span as he is going to accompany me.

So, to play safe, he trasferred entire amount to my dad. He kept in this account for 10 days and then my dad gave it to me as gift. My dad had to show 1 week statement. I made a fixed deposit immediately. No one will question my dad as he is third party.

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
We had to make 2 gift deeds ( husband to dad & Dad to me) to save tax

Angelina2020

May 7, 2020
I'm currently in Canada and my father is willing to give me the money as a gift. But he is living in my home country. To prepare the Deed of Gift document, how would I acknowledge in front of a notary public without physically attending. And do I also need to submit the 6 months of bank history? Or should I need to wait for six months after the deposit is made to my account? I appreciate your expert advice on this.

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hello,
In my case, my dad showed 7-10 days statement which shows the trasfer of money to my account. I showed only 1 week statement which shows gift money being deposited and also the Fixed deposit I made.
If u r not gonna make any FD, 6 months bank statement will b needed with POF for all 6 months. If money is in ur account for 6 months, u dont need to show any proof for how you got it. Dad will not b in picture, hence, no gift deed needed.
I did not have 6 months to wait.
Regarding physical presence, it should b done in presence of notary person.
Luckily the person i found online agreed to just do it without his presence. You need to check on this aspect.

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
Dear All,
I would like some advise on my situation for POF.
1.I am the primary applicant and my spouse will be accompanying me.
2. My wife holds a SB account since 2001 which we have converted into Join account in January this year.
3. We do not hold sufficient balance in the account for 6 months.
4. We have sold some of our assets to generate the required amount.(We cannot provide proof for this as it was jointly held by multiple family members)
5. All the money we generated will be deposited to my father-in-law account.
6. Father-in-law will be providing us the amount and gift deed to my spouse.
7. the money will be transferred to the joint account held by me and my spouse.

Is my situation acceptable?
I intend to have the money deposited today and I am likely to receive ITA in the next draw as my CRS score is 476.

Thanks in advance,

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Yes.. fatger in law needs to make a gift deed n show account statement for around 10 days with that money and shud b trasferred (transfer shud b reflected in statement). U guys need to show that transaction in ur account statement of abt 1 week..

empiresingh

Aug 5, 2020
Hello Guys,
I have Just got an invitation notice from IRCC. I have very less amount in my salary account but my wife's (individual account) account has the required amount for POF, she got the money from his father as a Gift deed. What should I do?
Should I attach a Gift Deed from my wife and transfer the money to my bank account? Will it work? Please let me know. We do have a mutual account in SBI but it's notorious for not giving any documents that is why we prefered to get the money in my wife's account.