+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can these Gift deeds be used in PNP (SINP) if funds are available for less than 3 months?

saabg

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hi all

My father has a loan account.
1) If they transfer money from his loan account to my current account then make a gift deed... will if work as POF or not?
2) if my father in law transfer funs from his account to my wife account through cheque then my wife transfer it to my account and make a gift deed....will that work or my father in law can transfer directly to my account?

Thanks in advance...

martzino93

Aug 31, 2019
Please can anyone help me with information as regards to proof of fund. I just got my ITA and I will like to know the necessary documents that I need to get for my POF because my fund was given to my by my dad on installments and it’s not up to six month. Also, I have a one month investment certificate of this fund which will be due in a weeks time. Pls how do I go about this?

Last edited:

martzino93

Aug 31, 2019
Please can anyone help me with information as regards to proof of fund. I just got my ITA and I will like to know the necessary documents that I need to get for my POF because my fund was given to my by my dad I’m installments and it’s not up to six month. Also, I have a one month investment certificate of this fund which will be due in a weeks time. Pls how do I go about this?

Mr_fabrizio

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Please can anyone help me with information as regards to proof of fund. I just got my ITA and I will like to know the necessary documents that I need to get for my POF because my fund was given to my by my dad I’m installments and it’s not up to six month. Also, I have a one month investment certificate of this fund which will be due in a weeks time. Pls how do I go about this?
It would have been better for your dad to have transferred the money to your account in once,instead of by installments.
However,you have to prepare a gift deed showing that your dad transferred the monies to you out of his love for you.the gift deed should be notarized by a Notary in your country.
Then for the installment paid into your account, you have to show payment receipts that your father used in paying the money into your account.Then draft a LOE explaining the source of your funds

r_2188

Feb 10, 2019
Hi All, we have received ITA and we are figuring out on proof of funds that are to be submitted. I am the primary applicant and my husband will be accompanying me. My husband and I don't have a joint account. Although, he had maintained the balance for past 6 months in his account. As per cic website ,I can use funds in his account but we need to prove that I have access to those funds. what all documents are required in such a case? is there any specific format for those documents?

martzino93

Aug 31, 2019
It would have been better for your dad to have transferred the money to your account in once,instead of by installments.
However,you have to prepare a gift deed showing that your dad transferred the monies to you out of his love for you.the gift deed should be notarized by a Notary in your country.
Then for the installment paid into your account, you have to show payment receipts that your father used in paying the money into your account.Then draft a LOE explaining the source of your funds
Thanks a lot, I will also like to know do I also need an affidavit aside the gift deed and LOE. And if I want to ensure that the fund is sent all at once, can I give it back to him and ask him to send it to a different account with no transaction history, now that I’ve already received an ITA. Will there be any issue regarding that Or should I just go with the initial advice u gave ?

martzino93

Aug 31, 2019
please it’s urgent and Thanks a lot for the help, I will also like to know do I need an affidavit aside the gift deed and LOE. And if I want to ensure that the fund is sent all at once, can I give it back to him and ask him to send it to a different account with no transaction history, now that I’ve already received an ITA. Will there be any issue regarding that Or should I just go with the initial advice u gave ?

martzino93

Aug 31, 2019
“Mr_fabrizio” Its a matter of URGENCY. Thanks for the initial response. Please will I also need to get an affidavit in addition to the gift deed and LOE. And In order for the money to come in once, Instead of using the account where he sent it in installments can I give the money back to him and ask him to transfer it to my other account which has no transaction history. Will there be any implication to this especially now that I have received ITA. Thanks

r_2188

Feb 10, 2019
Hi All, we have received ITA and we are figuring out on proof of funds that are to be submitted. I am the primary applicant and my husband will be accompanying me. My husband and I don't have a joint account. Although, he had maintained the balance for past 6 months in his account. As per cic website ,I can use funds in his account but we need to prove that I have access to those funds. what all documents are required in such a case? is there any specific format for those documents?
Please help

tharanid

Nov 11, 2017
In sri lanka we are not having gift deeds for cash, only for properties. Is self-declared letter enough regarding the money I am receiving from my mother through bank transfer. That she is giving as a gift for my baby’s birth.

sim_11

Jun 9, 2019
Can anyone please help me. My parents deposited money by cash into my account on various occasions. I know it would require a gift deed but do I need to mention each individual transaction in the letter or a lumpsum amount is ok?

Mr_fabrizio

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Can anyone please help me. My parents deposited money by cash into my account on various occasions. I know it would require a gift deed but do I need to mention each individual transaction in the letter or a lumpsum amount is ok?
You should mention the individual amount you received with the dates and amount received in your gift deed.
Then explain in LOE the total sum received from your parents,though it could have been neater if the funds came in one transaction!

sim_11

Jun 9, 2019
You should mention the individual amount you received with the dates and amount received in your gift deed.
Then explain in LOE the total sum received from your parents,though it could have been neater if the funds came in one transaction!
Thanks for the help!! Now I am planning to transfer the whole amount as 1 or 2 transactions from my parents' account in my salary account. Will that be ok now?
Moreover, since it is a salary account. I have a lot of daily transactions like bill payments and rent payments. Is that fine?

sim_11

Jun 9, 2019
“Mr_fabrizio” Its a matter of URGENCY. Thanks for the initial response. Please will I also need to get an affidavit in addition to the gift deed and LOE. And In order for the money to come in once, Instead of using the account where he sent it in installments can I give the money back to him and ask him to transfer it to my other account which has no transaction history. Will there be any implication to this especially now that I have received ITA. Thanks
I have the same query as can we do this ?