+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Is affidavit really necessary if you get a gift deed letter?

Suppose I get a gift deed letter in plain white paper? What should I do next with it?

Saad1332

Oct 11, 2018
Hi,

I have a query. I have three bank accounts. One Salary account, one current account and one fixed deposit account.
I have the minimum POF amount in my salary and current account combined, without the FDR account.
My father opened the FDR account for me, and every month he has been putting some money (200-300 cad) in the account.

My questions are:

1. There has not been any significant deposit to any of these accounts from my parents or anyone else within last 6 months, however, the money was given by them gradually over last 3-4 years. Do I need a gift deed in this case?

2. Can I not show this account because I already fulfil the required amount just by my salary account and current account?

Thank you.

elicanda87

Sep 21, 2018
Hi,

I have a query. I have three bank accounts. One Salary account, one current account and one fixed deposit account.
I have the minimum POF amount in my salary and current account combined, without the FDR account.
My father opened the FDR account for me, and every month he has been putting some money (200-300 cad) in the account.

My questions are:

1. There has not been any significant deposit to any of these accounts from my parents or anyone else within last 6 months, however, the money was given by them gradually over last 3-4 years. Do I need a gift deed in this case?

2. Can I not show this account because I already fulfil the required amount just by my salary account and current account?

Thank you.
It is good to show all the accounts you have. if you are able to get the bank letter for these accounts and there isnt any deposits in the last 6 months or so then gift deed should not be needed especially since your funds are above the required POF without the RD account. My suggestion is to include in LOE about the RD account .

prathmesh77

Nov 29, 2015
Is affidavit really necessary if you get a gift deed letter?

Suppose I get a gift deed letter in plain white paper? What should I do next with it?
Hi

Could you please tell me if I need to be physically present at the time of making gift deed? My dad (in India) is the one who will make a gift deed and I am in Canada right now. I want to get PR through EE and not via PNP. Please help me it is really urgent.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi

Could you please tell me if I need to be physically present at the time of making gift deed? My dad (in India) is the one who will make a gift deed and I am in Canada right now. I want to get PR through EE and not via PNP. Please help me it is really urgent.
I don't think you need to be physically present. Even my uncle lives in Malaysia, and he is preparing a gift deed on his own without my presence.

zunushrestha

Sep 22, 2018
Hi
Do i need to submit my father’s bank statement as well? What are the documents i need to upload along with the gift deed, LOE and affidavit?

elicanda87

Sep 21, 2018
Hi
Do i need to submit my father’s bank statement as well? What are the documents i need to upload along with the gift deed, LOE and affidavit?
you dont need father's statement. your bank letter, gift deed and affidavit along wiht the LOE is sufficent and your bank 6 month statement if needed.

srirams91

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
Please help with the following questions:

1. When should one ideally have the funds ready? At the time of creating EE profile or after ITA (if confident about CRS score)?

2. How much percent of the PoF can be as a gift deed?

3. Is it mandatory to have the minimum amount of funds in account for at least 6 months? Say, if I can get 80% of PoF as a gift deed just days before my ITA deadline, will it work?

4. Should I disclose all of my savings bank accounts when showing PoF or just the one with the funds? Do they check for monthly salary credit in the bank account we disclose?

Thanks!

ysf

Mar 12, 2017
Hello.
I will like to know if it's safe to transfer my pof into my cooperate account before PPR. I intend using it for my business and return it in case updated pof is required. I run a private business which requires a lot of capital. At the same it has a high turnover which will make it possible for me to return it and print a new statement of account.

zehrakh

Mar 28, 2018
Hello
I live in Saudia Arabia
But my bank account is in pakistan
I am making gift deed affidavit here in Pakistan
What should I mention in affidavit??as resident
Pakistan or Saudi Arabia

viashnavc90

Sep 29, 2018
you dont need father's statement. your bank letter, gift deed and affidavit along wiht the LOE is sufficent and your bank 6 month statement if needed.
I am sorry but where does it state that a 6 months statement is required? Could you please direct me to the link? I am preparing all the documentation and was bit confused when I came across your post.

All I have is the Bank letter and Gift Deed. Not sure if anything else is required apart from that.