+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

Apr 5, 2018
Can the proof of funds be a combination of both gift deed and bank balance. In my friend's case the bank balance is not sufficient to cross the minimum amount required for the Canadian Immigration. So, to cross the minimum requirement he is planning to make a gift deed. Both gift deed and the bank balance would still be less than the minimum requirement but their sum would be greater. Will this method to proof funds be acceptable?

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can the proof of funds be a combination of both gift deed and bank balance. In my friend's case the bank balance is not sufficient to cross the minimum amount required for the Canadian Immigration. So, to cross the minimum requirement he is planning to make a gift deed. Both gift deed and the bank balance would still be less than the minimum requirement but their sum would be greater. Will this method to proof funds be acceptable?
Yes

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I am in somewhat same situation, I am the primary applicant and my father in law transfered the amount to my account. So will it work as a gift deed as he is not mu blood relative?? And a gift deed and affidavit will surfice in this case??

Please suggest
yeah it should be fine. As long as its not from a "friend" or bank loan.

ezaga1

May 8, 2018
Hello Guys, I need some advice. My brother in the UK is willing to issue the capital as a gift for my Canadian application and at the moment, he has already made the transfer to my UK account and we are in the process of drafting the deed of gift.

I have a few question:

1. Since he is a UK resident and i am in Nigeria but the money is in my UK account, will there be a problem with this?
2. We are also not able to provide an affidavit since I can not physically be in the UK to obtain one. Will the deed of gift be sufficient?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hello Guys, I need some advice. My brother in the UK is willing to issue the capital as a gift for my Canadian application and at the moment, he has already made the transfer to my UK account and we are in the process of drafting the deed of gift.

I have a few question:

1. Since he is a UK resident and i am in Nigeria but the money is in my UK account, will there be a problem with this?
2. We are also not able to provide an affidavit since I can not physically be in the UK to obtain one. Will the deed of gift be sufficient?
Ideally your presence for getting gift deed is not required as it is only the donor that needs to get an affidavit or gift deed to prove that it indeed was a gift. as a receiver you are only required to show proof of receipt for the money. but what better proof than your bank letter stating your account has been credited with those funds ? So your donor should get the gift deed and you should be fine.

ezaga1

May 8, 2018
Thanks viki1805 for your reply,

I was just worried that since I am not resident in the UK anymore, using my UK account as a proof of funds won't be a problem?

Also the gift deed is drafted and signed by both of us and 2 witnesses. We are not involving any solicitor. Will that be OK?

Thanks in advance.

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Respected Members,
I have a query regarding the dimensions of gift deed for proof of fund. In my case , I couldn't maintain an average balance in my account during the last 6 months. Since I do all the spending from my Salary account including a big chunk of my deposits utilized for prepayment of home loan , my wife transferred fixed amounts to my account to compensate for the expenses in last six months. More transactions were done in last 10 days,obviously to support my PR application. All the transactions were above 100 thousand Indian rupees. My wife has not applied with me as she plans to join later. Now my question is , do I need to declare all these transactions as gift deeds, compiled together in one affidavit ?
I have my salary slips to support that I could afford the declared amount but since I don't have a study balance and many credits from my Wife's account , I wanted to know the way out.
Thanks in advance!

Rheaaa

Jul 30, 2018
No, my bank refused issuing any letters whatsoever. I put 6 months statements instead. Also, when i read the requirements cic wants in the letter, they clearly state that it should include any outstanding loans/credit cards debts. So even though many members here say you dont need to include that, but since i was already in a weak position by not having a bank letter, i wrote them a LOE and in it i disclosed my old credit card debt and included statements from my online banking showing payments and remaining balance to be paid. I figured best way is just to be honest and show them what they want to see. In my case even if they deduct the remaning balance from the amount i have in my account, i will still have enough above the minimum required funds.
Conclusion is, every case is different. You should just make sure to show them there is nothing fishy and that you are honest.
Hello...am in a dimilar situation....bank doesnot issue statement...so can i give the online statement of last 6 months...was yours accepted???

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Respected Members,
I have a query regarding the dimensions of gift deed for proof of fund. In my case , I couldn't maintain an average balance in my account during the last 6 months. Since I do all the spending from my Salary account including a big chunk of my deposits utilized for prepayment of home loan , my wife transferred fixed amounts to my account to compensate for the expenses in last six months. More transactions were done in last 10 days,obviously to support my PR application. All the transactions were above 100 thousand Indian rupees. My wife has not applied with me as she plans to join later. Now my question is , do I need to declare all these transactions as gift deeds, compiled together in one affidavit ?
I have my salary slips to support that I could afford the declared amount but since I don't have a study balance and many credits from my Wife's account , I wanted to know the way out.
Thanks in advance!
I dont think you even need a gift deed. just a self declaration from your wife would suffice along with a proof of marriage.

as long as you're able to provide proof of available funds for this purpose and justify the source, the average balance does not matter.

Sure getting a gift deed might seem as and is a safer option, self declarations from donor along with proofs of transaction has been accepted for many applicants apparently.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gift-deed-notarized.524279/page-2#post-7143688

Reactions: gauravmlal

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
I dont think you even need a gift deed. just a self declaration from your wife would suffice along with a proof of marriage.

as long as you're able to provide proof of available funds for this purpose and justify the source, the average balance does not matter.

Sure getting a gift deed might seem as and is a safer option, self declarations from donor along with proofs of transaction has been accepted for many applicants apparently.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gift-deed-notarized.524279/page-2#post-7143688
Thank you for the valuable info.

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Witness:
The gift as stated above is accepted

(Your Name)

Who is the witness above? The one accepting the gift (receiver) or a third person? Because it looks like the one accepting the gift is the witness also. Please someone clear this doubt as in my case my wife (who is receiver) has signed here and I’m not sure if it is correct.

[/QUOTE]

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Respected Members,
I have a query about pending home loan and secondary bank account.
First - I have a pending home loan of around 400 thousand Indian Rupees. I have already paid back the major chunk. A monthly EMI is deducted from my primary account and so it appears in my bank statement. I have to mention it in my application so my question is whether a pending home loan impacts decision on POF and hence PR application ? Anyone from their personal experience ?
Second , I have a secondary account , which always had a minimum balance o in it during last 6 months. Do I need to include a letter from this bank along with bank statement ?

Regards,
Gaurav

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Witness:
The gift as stated above is accepted

(Your Name)

Who is the witness above? The one accepting the gift (receiver) or a third person? Because it looks like the one accepting the gift is the witness also. Please someone clear this doubt as in my case my wife (who is receiver) has signed here and I’m not sure if it is correct.
[/QUOTE]
Bump. Please shed some light on this.

visaapplicant

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Hi!

I have queries regarding Gift Deed.

1. My mother will give me settlement funds once I receive the ITA. Is it in better position to have the POF after ITA or should I have it prior lodging my EE profile?

2. I understand that she has to provide gift deed but question is, should she include her bank statements as well or any other financial documents?

3. I have approx. CAD $7500 in my personal account. Should I also include bank statements or just bank certificate with average 6 mos. balance & current balance?

Hope to shed some lights to these questions.

Thank you.