+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift Deed - Notarized ??

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Reactions: Dolly143

Dolly143

Sep 28, 2017
:
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29
THank you for the response and link

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
I didn't even bother getting a gift deed, a self-declaration in plain paper + proof of transfer was sufficient.
@hope2018
I just found out that the bank rep made a mistake in informing me that my deposit can be liquidated on Sep 1 2018 whereas in reality I cannot liquidate it until March 2019. So basically I'm gonna have to get another 4000 CAD from my dad. would this 4000 CAD also require a proper gift deed or can I do what @DelPiero07 has advised here and get a self declaration with all supporting proof. The other 9000 CAD am showing in my account has already been tied to a gift deed from my dad.
@DelPiero07 Sorry about bringing up the same thing on DM as well, figured that it would be helpful for others in a similar situation if it was posted here. Would really appreciate your input as well :)

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
@hope2018
I just found out that the bank rep made a mistake in informing me that my deposit can be liquidated on Sep 1 2018 whereas in reality I cannot liquidate it until March 2019. So basically I'm gonna have to get another 4000 CAD from my dad. would this 4000 CAD also require a proper gift deed or can I do what @DelPiero07 has advised here and get a self declaration with all supporting proof. The other 9000 CAD am showing in my account has already been tied to a gift deed from my dad.
@DelPiero07 Sorry about bringing up the same thing on DM as well, figured that it would be helpful for others in a similar situation if it was posted here. Would really appreciate your input as well :)
I did not get the part you mentioned about self declaration. Every country has different laws about gift deed, not sure what your country is but you need to get gift deed made as per that. If you got it made for 9000 CAD, why you feel you need to do any different for this 4000 CAD?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
I did not get the part you mentioned about self declaration. Every country has different laws about gift deed, not sure what your country is but you need to get gift deed made as per that. If you got it made for 9000 CAD, why you feel you need to do any different for this 4000 CAD?
the first gift deed for 9000 CAD was made by my parents when they were on vacation in India, which was a fairly simple process. and now that they are back in Dubai (that is where they live and I live in the US). I was trying to find the process of how a gift deed is made in Dubai and came across this post where DelPiero talked about self declaration and showing proof of transfer. So was wondering if that would work ? I am still looking into the process of getting a gift deed made in Dubai though. Was just exploring options.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
the first gift deed for 9000 CAD was made by my parents when they were on vacation in India, which was a fairly simple process. and now that they are back in Dubai (that is where they live and I live in the US). I was trying to find the process of how a gift deed is made in Dubai and came across this post where DelPiero talked about self declaration and showing proof of transfer. So was wondering if that would work ? I am still looking into the process of getting a gift deed made in Dubai though. Was just exploring options.
Gift deed should confirm to laws where it is being executed, read this article:
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

Reactions: viki1805

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Worked for me and for the people who didn't bother submitting a gift deed like Avisad. Unfortunately people are too scared of simply submitting a self-declaration from the donor so I don't bother anymore in suggesting that approach.
Thanks for your response. I guess I can understand people's concern about it especially when you can find a million posts here about gift deed being the way to go. I did not know until earlier today when I came across your old post that a self declaration could even work.
Anyhow Good to know that it worked for you and a few others. Guess am not gonna sweat too much about it and will just document it with all relevant bank papers, transfer receipt and get a self declaration from my dad.

jj_1990

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hi,

I am applying from UAE, and is in a similar situation now. Just to confirm, just a plain letter signed by my father would be sufficient right? Or do I need to get it notarized?

Thanks in Advance!
Worked for me and for the people who didn't bother submitting a gift deed like Avisad. Unfortunately people are too scared of simply submitting a self-declaration from the donor so I don't bother anymore in suggesting that approach.
Refer to answer from DelPiero07 quoted above.
In addition to that just attach self declaration with bank statements showing funds reduce and the transfer slip (proof of transfer made - from your father's account to yours). Then again the more popular and apparently safer option is to go with gift deed.

Adolescent

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Just a signed gift deed is enough. I did it and was not asked for anything else.

I used the format mentioned in this post.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-format-of-gift-deed-affidavit-and-loe.487054/
So, you are technically saying that only the gift deed is enough, don't have to produce the Affivadit? Also could you please help regarding the time when the gift deed should be made? I mean should we prepare and sign the deed within few days after the money has been gifted/transferred? I know that the deed should be written on a stamp paper and notarised subsequently.

Syed Faizan Ali

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
So, you are technically saying that only the gift deed is enough, don't have to produce the Affivadit? Also could you please help regarding the time when the gift deed should be made? I mean should we prepare and sign the deed within few days after the money has been gifted/transferred? I know that the deed should be written on a stamp paper and notarised subsequently.
Hi,

I am in the same situation myself. Spent the whole day at a notary public office in Ajman court but at the end came to know that they do not notarize such documents.

So, I came across this post if a self declaration letter is enough. Actually, it is not clear for me if a gift deed is considered as a legal document itself, so it may be required to be notarized, or is it just a self declaration letter.

I believe I will have to go with the self declaration letter. Is it OK?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Haha.

I am not too scared. I want to use Self-declaration and LOE. Will these suffice:

===========================================================================================================
GIFT DEED

I, FATHER'S NAME, Address: , do hereby on dated 01/01/2019 make a gift-deed for a gift made on dated of 01/01/2019, USD$ 10,000.

Out of love and affection to my Son (My Name), I confirm that I am a resident of Country_Name. I further confirm that this gift is being made out of my own funds. I, further confirm that the consideration for this gift is the love and affection for my Son (My_Name) and no other consideration.

This gift is irrevocable, and I have no claim left whatsoever on the said gifted amount and he is free to utilize it in any manner.

PLACE: City, Country

DATED: 01/01/2019

(Father's name)

(My Name)

==========================================================================================================

My thinking here is both my father and I will sign this white paper. I will also include LOE:

============================================================================================
LETTER OF EXPLANATION

To,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Subject: Funds Proof- Source of Funds

Application No. 0000000000

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is with regards the source of funds in my account. Please be informed that I hold savings account in following Country_Name Bank:

Bank Name Branch Account Number IFSC Code MICR Code
XYZ Bank bank address 00000000000000 000000000000 00000000

I received USD$ 10,000 as a result of my Father’s volition and a mark of his natural love and affection towards me. This deed is reflecting in transaction dated 01/01/2019 via Mobile Money transaction ID: TRANSACTION ID in my XYZ Bank account statement enclosed with this letter. I have also enclosed a Gift Deed letter signed by my father for your reference. If you have any further clarifications, please do not hesitate to call/e-mail me.

Regards,

My_Name
========================================================================================================

On top of these, I will add Bank Letter and my account statement (last 6 months).