+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

KhushiPatel

May 15, 2018
Yes you have to show statement of 6 months.
Although, not necessary that money should be in ur account for 6 months if you take a gift deed.
ok. Thank you so much. and last doubt- i have 3 saving accounts in 3 different banks with minimal balance- and if i show all 3 bank statements of last 6 months then do i need to get the bank letter stating of no loans which people are talking on forum?

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
ok. Thank you so much. and last doubt- i have 3 saving accounts in 3 different banks with minimal balance- and if i show all 3 bank statements of last 6 months then do i need to get the bank letter stating of no loans which people are talking on forum?
Bank will give you a balance as of now letter that will show all kind of accounts you have with them. That letter itself states that you dont have a loan account with them.

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello All,

I had a question on POF. I have started funding my bank account in this month itself ( MAY 2018) previously i was not using this account. Now i have my WES and IELTS ready. My score is 476 which means i would get an ITA in the next draw itself. But since i have started funding my account now should i wait for another 3-4 months to get into the EE pool or should i show the source of funds( gift deed etc.) and get into the pool right away?

Please help!
Ideally, always better to do it asap.

PritiJ2017

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-03-2018
AOR Received.
28/05/2018
Med's Done....
8/6/2018
Hello ....

i am maintianing my salary account since last 6 months, during which my husband has also transferred his salary to my account.my question is:

1. do i need to mention this in the LOE? although the bank transfer mentions his name and reason
  2. i have not had CAD 15500 all throughout but i have enough now with the salary credits. we have not borrowed from any external source.
  3. will i need to furnish any proof that my husband transferred his salary?
thanks

Aug 4, 2017
Hi All,

We need some advice please. We have received ITA and are busy getting our documents together. I am the Principle Applicant and my partner will be accompanying me. For POF - it is possible to only include accompanying spouses documents as he has sufficient POF for us and leave mine out even though I'm Principle Applicant? Thanks!

ash17

May 30, 2016
Hello All,

Please can I submit a proof of an expected gratuity as proof of funds for Canada immigration. If possible, pls give format I should use in explaining the gratuity.

Thank you
From what I read in this forum, gratuity is not accepted, though epf can be.

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello ....

i am maintianing my salary account since last 6 months, during which my husband has also transferred his salary to my account.my question is:

1. do i need to mention this in the LOE? although the bank transfer mentions his name and reason
  2. i have not had CAD 15500 all throughout but i have enough now with the salary credits. we have not borrowed from any external source.
  3. will i need to furnish any proof that my husband transferred his salary?
thanks
I don't think it should be a problem. But to be sure, you can always add your husband as a joint account holder.
Still, I'd suggest you research more on this :)

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi All,

We need some advice please. We have received ITA and are busy getting our documents together. I am the Principle Applicant and my partner will be accompanying me. For POF - it is possible to only include accompanying spouses documents as he has sufficient POF for us and leave mine out even though I'm Principle Applicant? Thanks!
You need to show your account as well as his account. Although, you need to prove that you have access to that money. I am not entirely sure but you will need some kind of documentation from your spouse that states that you have access to that money. Following is all I found regarding this on CIC website.

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

If you are invited to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money.

vincyluthra

Aug 1, 2017
Advice Required:

Scenario:
ITA Received in April 2018
Applicants: 2 (Primary + Secondary)
For POF:
Target: CAD 18000

I and my wife have a joint account: 9500 CAD
Balance my dad will gift through Gift Deed

Questions:
1. For POF, can we show money from the joint account? (This account is NOT Either or Survivor, it's a pure joint account, where to withdraw funds, a signature from both a/c holders are required).

2. If yes, since I am the primary applicant, and to show POF using our joint account, do I need some document from my wife declaring that I have full access to the funds in the account? If yes, what kind of document will be required?

3. If above two questions support joint account, Is it a good idea to transfer the gift deed money in the same joint account, as it holds the rest of the funds.

Nqur

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Hi,
My parents gifted me the funds for immigration and I had a question regarding the gift deed. I have the gift deed and affidavit signed and notarized already. Is that enough to include that with the Proof of funds letter? Do I need to attach the check or remittance form too?

The problem is that my parents have a joint account and the Gift Deed & Affidavit have my father's name on it, but the actual check has my mother's name on it. So, that might create some confusion for the immigration officer.

Thanks,

kattoch007

Jul 4, 2017
Hello,

I am Rajesh from India and I married to a foreign national. My wife is the Principal applicant in our case. The problem is, Indian banks don't open bank accounts for foreign nationals. As per IRCC spouse can be in joint account but the principal applicant should have full access to money in joint account. But Indian bank even don't allow to add foreign nationals in joint account. I have maintained Express Entry PoF in my Indian bank account, now we are confused how we should show funds on behalf of my wife as she is the principal applicant.

Please suggest or share if anyone is familiar with the similar case.

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Advice Required:

Scenario:
ITA Received in April 2018
Applicants: 2 (Primary + Secondary)
For POF:
Target: CAD 18000

I and my wife have a joint account: 9500 CAD
Balance my dad will gift through Gift Deed

Questions:
1. For POF, can we show money from the joint account? (This account is NOT Either or Survivor, it's a pure joint account, where to withdraw funds, a signature from both a/c holders are required).

2. If yes, since I am the primary applicant, and to show POF using our joint account, do I need some document from my wife declaring that I have full access to the funds in the account? If yes, what kind of document will be required?

3. If above two questions support joint account, Is it a good idea to transfer the gift deed money in the same joint account, as it holds the rest of the funds.
1 yes
2 a sworn affidavit that she gives you permission to use money from joint account. (not sure on this though.. you should research on that)
3 yes you can.

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi,
My parents gifted me the funds for immigration and I had a question regarding the gift deed. I have the gift deed and affidavit signed and notarized already. Is that enough to include that with the Proof of funds letter? Do I need to attach the check or remittance form too?

The problem is that my parents have a joint account and the Gift Deed & Affidavit have my father's name on it, but the actual check has my mother's name on it. So, that might create some confusion for the immigration officer.

Thanks,
just the gift deed and affidavit is fine. you can attach the statement showing transfer from that account to urs.