karunachacko

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Hi

My spouse'(who is accompanying me to Canada ) brother have agreed to give us the money required(whole amount) as a gift deed.is it acceptable?
If yes, How many days should i wait to take the bank statement?
I only have 20 days to submit the application.

Mr. Ali Zia

Jun 12, 2019
Hello,

I have recently received ITA via SINP and I am stuck with a Proof of Fund (POF) section.

Scenario:

I have two salary account in different banks. Both have collectively CAD $800 in total. Plus my present job salary account has PF CAD $2626.
Since I save all my savings to my dad's account, I am received a gift deed from him to complete POF requirement.

Problem: How can i proof funds and what should I submit?

1. Should I show bank statement of both accounts? as they both are active.
a. Show my salary slip to proof my PF balance.
2. Should I transfer the GIFT DEED amount one of my salaried account? and show below documents:
a. Affidavit from my dad
b. Notarized Gift Deed document.
c. letter of explanation to SINP evaluating officer
d. My dad's bank statement (not sure)​

Do i need to do something extra? Any help in this will be much more appreciated. Thanks.

Jun 2, 2019
Hi ,

My father has transferred me 1,31,000 rupees and I have made the gift need for 1,30,000 rs(On cheque 1,31,000 is mentioned which is actual transferred amount) and on affidavit 1,30,000 is mentioned.Is this going to create any problem ?

Thanks

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello Everyone
Request ur help on below:

1. I got funds transferred to my saving account xxxxxxxx

2. Then Opened FD account yyyyyyyy on basis of saving account xxxxxxxx

3. On gift deed it mentioned that funds transferred to saving account xxxxxxxx

4. on bank letter I am planning to show only FD account yyyyyyyyy

So there is no relation shown between my bank letter FD account yyyyyyyyy and my gift deed saving account xxxxxxxx,

IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THIS SCENARIO????

Thanks in advance

kuhu115

Jul 25, 2019
This is also one option for the format. I followed this format from a friend who got his PR using this. I am awaiting mine. Feel free to use it if it helps.
GIFT DEED

Between:

1) Jon Doe - Donor
2) James Doe - Donee

1. Mr. Jon Doe, (mother/father of James Doe) aged xx, resident of xxxxxxxx, hereby solemnly says and declares the following:

a) Out of my mutual love and affection that I bear towards my daughter/son James Doe (Passport no. xxxxx), I made an absolute gift of Rs. xxxx, vide online transfer, Transaction Reference no. – xxxxx, from my account no. – xxxxxx, address of bank on xx/xx/xxxx to James Doe's account no.- xxxxx, address of bank
(the transfer can also be through cheque, in which case add the cheque number and address of bank)

b) Furthermore, I declare that in the gift of Rs. xxxxxx, made by me to my daughter/son James Doe, I hold no share, right, title or interest possession, benefit claim or demand into or upon the sum and the gift is irrevocable. My daughter/son, James Doe is the absolute owner thereof and is free to utilize it in any manner.

2. James Doe, the donee named above says and declares the following:

a) The aforesaid gift of Rs. xxxxxxx, has been accepted by me.

b) I say that, since the making of the said gift and my acceptance thereof, I am the absolute owner of the said sum of Rs. xxxxxx and Mr. Jon Doe since then has no share, right, title or interest possession, benefit claim or demand of whatsoever nature on the said sum of Rs. xxxxxx

This Gift Deed is effective from xx/xx/xxx, from the date Mr. Jon Doe transferred the said sum to James Doe's account.

________________________ ______________________

Mr. Jon Doe (DONOR) Ms/Mrs. James Doe (DONEE)

Last edited:

Dxb3866

Jul 26, 2019
Guys!

I may have overlooked this but I’m thinking of asking my aunt to provide me a “gift deed” and transferring money to my account in India. I am in the US and have some stocks that I can sell. I wasn’t aware of maintaining a six month balance so I’m scrambling to get the funds in place. I’ve already received my ITA. My questions are:
1. Is it ok to take money/gift deed from my aunt? Does she need to provide her bank statements?

2. What if I ask her to transfer money to my mom’s account and my mom can then write me a gift deed. Would that be better? But then, do I also need to show my mom’s bank statements?

3. Is it ok to show some funds in two accounts? Some amount in Indian account (on my name) and rest in my USA accounts.

Thanks for your help!

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Guys!

I may have overlooked this but I’m thinking of asking my aunt to provide me a “gift deed” and transferring money to my account in India. I am in the US and have some stocks that I can sell. I wasn’t aware of maintaining a six month balance so I’m scrambling to get the funds in place. I’ve already received my ITA. My questions are:
1. Is it ok to take money/gift deed from my aunt? Does she need to provide her bank statements?

2. What if I ask her to transfer money to my mom’s account and my mom can then write me a gift deed. Would that be better? But then, do I also need to show my mom’s bank statements?

3. Is it ok to show some funds in two accounts? Some amount in Indian account (on my name) and rest in my USA accounts.

Thanks for your help!
1. It won’t work
2. Aunt transfer to mom, then mom transfer to u, get gift deed from mom, mom’s bank statement won’t be required
For such new funds FD is advised, however some people also show in saving
3. Ok

Reactions: Dxb3866

Dxb3866

Jul 26, 2019
Hi Priya,
Thanks for your response. You think it’s better if she creates an FD in my name?

1. It won’t work
2. Aunt transfer to mom, then mom transfer to u, get gift deed from mom, mom’s bank statement won’t be required
For such new funds FD is advised, however some people also show in saving
3. Ok

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi everyone!
I am single applicant from India and I have the whole required fund (nearly 13000 CAD) in my account that belongs to me only. Apart from that, there is only one FD (amount 60,000 INR) which is transferred in my account by my father nearly 5 months ago.

1.Do I need to explain it as a gift deed from my father as it is a very small proportion of the required amount?
If yes, do I have to create affidavit with back date?

2. Or should I transfer this amount back to my father's account rather than creating affidavit etc. as i have my own required fund as of now.

Your help will be highly appreciated... ☺

Jamie00

Apr 10, 2019
Hi all!!
My fiancee deposited needed amount for POF on my bank account last week. However my brother will send me money next week to clear my bank from any debts. My problem is that since gift deed from fiancee is not accepted by IRCC i ask my brother to provide the gift deed for me instead and he aggre including my fiancee. Is it necessary to provide reciept as to how the amount landed on my bank account (cheques,online money transfer)? My fiancee gave the money in cash by the way.. any opinion is highly appreciated. Thanks

Jamie00

Apr 10, 2019
Hi!any clarifications with this? I am facing the same issue. Do we need to provide reciepts of the transfer?