+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

SaniG

May 6, 2019
@legalfalcon Hi.
My parents and my brother have sent me money (10k CAD) to meet the minimum requirement for POF. Now the thing is they had cash and they just transferred it into my account in batches. Basically, it is not that they withdrew money from their bank accounts and moved it to mine.
Now the POF letter template that I have seen in multiple threads talk about Donor's bank account/cheque etc details in the letter which I will not be able to produce. I am a single applicant. Would it be a problem if I mention in my POF letter and LOE as well that the money has been transferred via cash?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi.
My parents and my brother have sent me money (10k CAD) to meet the minimum requirement for POF. Now the thing is they had cash and they just transferred it into my account in batches. Basically, it is not that they withdrew money from their bank accounts and moved it to mine.
Now the POF letter template that I have seen in multiple threads talk about Donor's bank account/cheque etc details in the letter which I will not be able to produce. I am a single applicant. Would it be a problem if I mention in my POF letter and LOE as well that the money has been transferred via cash?
If the funds were transferred to your bank account, you can show those transfers in your gift deed. The idea is that with the bank details, or a funds transfer details, it provides a legitimate trail showing where the funds came from.

So get a gift deed, and mention the details of the transfer in the gift deed.

SaniG

May 6, 2019
If the funds were transferred to your bank account, you can show those transfers in your gift deed. The idea is that with the bank details, or a funds transfer details, it provides a legitimate trail showing where the funds came from.

So get a gift deed, and mention the details of the transfer in the gift deed.
@legalfalcon no they were not transfers. My parents and brother had cash with them and they had directly credited the entire sum to my bank account.

Reactions: coder_immigrant

SaniG

May 6, 2019
@legalfalcon no they were not transfers. My parents and brother had cash with them and they had directly credited the entire sum to my bank account.
@legalfalcon Do I need to provide 2 gift deeds? Because the monies have come from multiple transactions/batches to my account by my brother (own), father, and mother. Basically, 3 people from my family have donated.

hira1707

Sep 3, 2018
Sharjah, UAE
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
02/12/2018
Passport Req..
03/09/2019
VISA ISSUED...
4/3/2020
I got my AOR on 2 Dec 2018. Six Months will be up on 2 June 2019. Finally heard back from CIC two days ago. They are asking for last 6 months bank statements.

Problem is I had borrowed money from a relative to show proof of funds in my account. Now the money is not there. Also, I don’t have any savings of my own as my financial situation has been a bit bad lately. All my statements will show is my salary being credited every month.

Is there any solution? Please advise. I need to respond before 30 May.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Do I need to provide 2 gift deeds? Because the monies have come from multiple transactions/batches to my account by my brother (own), father, and mother. Basically, 3 people from my family have donated.
YEs, you will need a gift deed from each donor. You can combine your parents gift deed into one, where they can be joint donors, but for your brother, you should have a separate one.

Reactions: SaniG

coder_immigrant

May 18, 2019
anyone can clarify on this? This is an important question since even with bank transfers, bank statement will show only credited amount with optional description but no mentioning of name of the sender. Most banks follow this pattern and when I asked my bank they were not able to clearly state the name of the sender. They do not know who the sender is when the money is sent from another bank. So what can be done?

Shaey

Dec 25, 2018
Please someone help me on this one as it is urgent. I am getting the entire amount from my father as gift deed to show as proof of funds. I am from india. My understanding is that getting a gift deed is buying a 100 RS stamp paper with notary stamp from an registered notary and then printing the gift deed format on it and the printing part can be even in the absence of notary i.e home. I believe you do not need to get the gift deed registered as money is an movable property. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Hi,
Just wanted to know how did you go about it? is it valid on INR 100 stamp paper if it is notarized? or is there anything else also involved? also, would like to know if your gift deed had any witnesses? if yes then how many? can there be none or just one?
Thanks in advance.

Shaey

Dec 25, 2018
Please help with the following questions:

1. When should one ideally have the funds ready? At the time of creating EE profile or after ITA (if confident about CRS score)?

2. How much percent of the PoF can be as a gift deed?

3. Is it mandatory to have the minimum amount of funds in account for at least 6 months? Say, if I can get 80% of PoF as a gift deed just days before my ITA deadline, will it work?

4. Should I disclose all of my savings bank accounts when showing PoF or just the one with the funds? Do they check for monthly salary credit in the bank account we disclose?

Thanks!
Hi,
just wanted to know if you declared your other account as well?

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
are witnesses also required? apart from the donor (gift giver), donee (recepient) signatures, and being on INR 100 stamp paper and notarized.
As far as I remember, the deed maker did not include any witnesses in my case, but double check with your court or agency who are professionals in doing this to make sure. They are used to making such papers and will guide you accordingly. Good Luck.

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
I got my AOR on 2 Dec 2018. Six Months will be up on 2 June 2019. Finally heard back from CIC two days ago. They are asking for last 6 months bank statements.

Problem is I had borrowed money from a relative to show proof of funds in my account. Now the money is not there. Also, I don’t have any savings of my own as my financial situation has been a bit bad lately. All my statements will show is my salary being credited every month.

You are in a very baaaaad situation. You should have kept the borrowed money until you got your visa, maybe even until you landed as the officer in Canada could request to see a recent bank statement. I honestly don’t see how you can solve it. Good luck!

Das@loc

Apr 24, 2018

When showing the funds, these cannot be borrowed from another person. This is the intention of IRCC to ask for 6 months average balance. Brother what you have done is not right.

You can consider meeting this by getting the funds in form of a gift. Gift deed might or may not help because of your situation.

Jun 2, 2019
Hi ,

My father is going to gift me money(whole amount) for POF and he si going to get some amount of it on loan .Is it necessary to have money in savings account of the donor ?

Thanks

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi ,

My father is going to gift me money(whole amount) for POF and he si going to get some amount of it on loan .Is it necessary to have money in savings account of the donor ?

Thanks
you have to submit 6 months bank statement from the gift giver side... if there is a large sum deposit you need to be ready with the proof/justification for it. Loans dont count.