+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

imsaba

Aug 10, 2018
Yes u can . U do not need to be available. If the donor is available then it is enough. But at the end of the day it is all upto the notary whom u r gonna notarize. Go to the notary who accepts.
Can you tell me if gift deed needs to be from your parents or can be from brother-in-law ? Also what to do if funds were transferred instead of cheque? Also he is not in country so how do i get affidavit and gift deed ? In fact he is in Canada

neopra

Mar 12, 2019
Hi Guys, I received a gift from my parents for 10Lacs and I deposited them into my account. How can I show that in POF using gift deed? What other documents do I need to attach to have a strong application?
Please help!

nethranagiri

Mar 28, 2019
Dear members, I have been following this website and your comments for my PR process. It has been of great help and solved many doubts. Thank you very much for that.

However, i have a small query about gift deed format that I am struggling to find solution. Even though it is a trivial question, I want to be doubly sure before submitting documents.

The funds have been transferred to my bank accounts through online transactions from my father as well as my mother accounts. Since they are not done through cheque, I would request members to share a gift deed format for this scenario. Any suggestions would be of great help.

Last edited:

Akanksha A D

Mar 11, 2019
Sorry to be asking silly questions, but, we don't know a lawyer, so, could someone guide us as to how get this this notarized gift deed, please? My mother lives in India, where we also hold our joint account. The situation: My husband is the primary applicant but, my mother gave us money as gift to help us achieve our dreams. But, since she is not his immediate family, will this cause any trouble? If not, how do we proceed? Do we need to go to a lawyer to get this done or do we just get a signed letter by the bank manager where we hold our joint account?
TIA
Eternally grateful

Afu

Apr 7, 2019
Please let me know if these 3 docs( gift deed letter, Affidavit(in stamp paper),and Letter of Explanation) are must for Gift deed. If so, gift deed and Letter of Explanation can be made in normal paper( I mean we can type it as per the format and take a print)

Usman Iqbal

Apr 24, 2019
I have my money transferred through cash cash deposits into my account from my mother. My mother gave the gift deed indicating that she has given me 17000 pkr in cash. Is it acceptable or should i ask her to deposit the same amount through cheque after with drawing from my account . It will cost us almost 25000 in doing so in terms of tax. please suggest?

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Could you please put more clarity on bank letter? What do we need to show on bank letter?
Nature of account- savings/FD
Date of account opened
date of account mature (if applicable)
Amount invested (for Fixed deposits)
Balance as at date
Account number
Name of the account holder
Currency type

On a bank letter head, signed by authorized personnel

when you say for immigration, they know it

Ojayh

Dec 19, 2018
Hi I'm new here, a friend of mine needs advice. She is in Canada and her husband is in UK. She wants to know if her husband can combine his account in UK her account in Canada and use it as proof of fund.

srirams91

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
For those planning to go through the gift deed route:

Docs to submit - bank letter showing amount in your account (with all required details), 6 months statement that should show details of the gift amount transaction, scanned copy of cheque used for transfer, get a gift deed (make sure to mention that they don't expect it back and the person is free to utilize it in any manner he or she wishes), an affidavit saying the gift deed has been executed (a safer option)..

Sometimes ircc asks for an updated statement during the end of the process. Make sure you maintain the required amount during the process and till you land.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Most of the people have mentioned parents and siblings (basically relatives) who have gifted them money. I have gifted my boyfriend money for CA immigration. We're planning to get an affidavit to declare the same. Just wanted to know if anyone knows if the lack of a legal relationship would cause any issue to prove the validity of this gift deed/ affidavit?
I was wondering if this worked for you?

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Hi All, my wife is the primary applicant. I am transferring x amount from my father and y amount from my mother's account and some savings in her account all put together becomes the proof of fund.

Questions.

1. The money transfers were done using multiple transaction. Is that fine?
2. Do i need two separate gift deed from my mother and father. Or one should be good?
Hi, did this work?