+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds? Federal skilled worker

khm

Aug 2, 2014
Thanks Nedana for Correction But is it ok with CIC ? or it is compulasory to show my assets like house and Car And their loans as liability?? :'(

mustafa.sariya

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dubai
munnakha05 said:
Mustafa bro thanks for your nice answer.

Let me clear the problem in my case. I am going to apply under PhD category. My fund in Canada is 5000$ and planning to show rest of the money from my wife fund 10000$ approx. I am principal applicant so I am trying to find the answer that spouse money can be used for POF. Nobody gave me any solid answer. cic also has no solid statement on this matter. Money in my wife account means it belongs to our family. In one sense it is legal but I want to see clear statement from cic :(
Because people got rejected so easily only because of insufficient clarification on the source POF now a days.

Hello bro,

What my guess is that the applicant shall have 14072$ together, so in that case your spouse is also an applicant and the money can support your family(which again consist of you and spouse), so i feel there shouldn't be any problem in regards to spouse account.

However, yes i haven't come across such statement anywhere stating whether spouse account can be considered and POF.

If i come across i will surely let you know

Thank you

prasadbhvn

May 30, 2014
Hi Seniors,

Please help for POF for fsw 2014.

I have to show funds for 3 members almost 11 lacs. I have short of funds But I will surely get in the next two months as I have a FD in a private Chit Fund Company.

As of now, I have 4Lacs in my account So . I am Planing to deposit in 3 accounts one by one to get balance certificate. For example First I deposit 4 Lacs in one bank and get balance certificate, Next I withdraw it and deposit in another account , Same thing for one more time. So that I will have 3 balance certificates .

Later I will deposit 11 Lacs in each account Once I get my FD from private Chit Fund company.

Am I cheating Or else Shall I go with this plan?

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
mustafa.sariya said:
Hello bro,

What my guess is that the applicant shall have 14072$ together, so in that case your spouse is also an applicant and the money can support your family(which again consist of you and spouse), so i feel there shouldn't be any problem in regards to spouse account.

However, yes i haven't come across such statement anywhere stating whether spouse account can be considered and POF.

If i come across i will surely let you know

Thank you
Funds in Spouse's name are definitely considered for proof of settlement funds. That's 200% Confirmed. The only caveat is that spouse should be traveling with the principal applicant to CANADA.

katokatokato

Jul 21, 2014
would it be an advantage that to show more money in proof of fund? as my husband and I have independent account, both accounts have enough amount of money for application. should we show all or just one account is ok?

munnakha05

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
CanOl said:
Funds in Spouse's name are definitely considered for proof of settlement funds. That's 200% Confirmed. The only caveat is that spouse should be traveling with the principal applicant to CANADA.
THanks buddy. Can I show POF from my country while I am here in canada applying under Phd category? In canada it is tough for me to show lot of money but I can show money in my account back in home country.

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Apologies if I'm repeating any of the questions, please could someone advise on the following points?

1. Can i submit the proof of funds using my parents bank statement? I have joint accounts with my dad and mother which has 12k CAD balance
2. How long shall I keep the money in the bank account for?
3. Do they accept money in 2 separate bank accounts? as long as I provide balance certificates from both bank accounts?

Many thanks in advance

qamar425

Aug 24, 2014
Hi,
I’m currently employed in Saudi Arabia and I want to apply under FSW immigration category. I just started for this process with my credentials assessment from WES. I am planning to send my application to CIO,Sydney, Nova Scotia within two months. My concern is, can I use my salary account (current) to prove my funds?
At the moment I have only SR 20,000/- (5,836/- Canadian Dollars).However, in next two months I can manage my End Balance to reach SR 50,000/-(Approx.14,720 Canadian Dollars required for two family members) after being paid two salaries.
My bank statement shows transaction description of my salary deposit as “Payroll Deposit”.I can attach my payroll slips with my bank statement to prove that the amount transferred is my salary.

qamar425

Aug 24, 2014
Cappuccino said:
As discussed with Coolguy in another post, DON'T do this. It's illegal and it is immigration fraud.

Funds even at the application stage must entirely belong to the applicant and cannot be borrowed.

Depending on your visa office, however, you may be able to show equity in property as proof of funds at the application stage. My advice is to confirm with the visa office you intend to apply with whether or not this will be acceptable.

London UK I believe still accept this, I am not sure about the other visa offices.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

Hi,
I’m Electrical Engineer currently employed in Saudi Arabia and I want to apply under FSW immigration category. I just started for this process with my credentials assessment from WES. I am planning to send my application to CIO,Sydney, Nova Scotia within two months.
My concern is, can I use my salary account (current) to prove my funds? At the moment I have only SR 20,000/- (5,836/- Canadian Dollars).However, in next two months I can manage my End Balance to reach SR 50,000/-(Approx.14,720 Canadian Dollars required for two family members) after being paid two salaries.
My bank statement shows transaction description of my salary deposit as “Payroll Deposit”.I can attach my payroll slips with my bank statement to prove that the amount transferred is my salary.

nalaiq

Jul 14, 2014
Hi,

My question is some what related to the on going discussion on the subject of proof of funds however I still wanted to get a confirmation and if possible a reference from CIC website.

I am in the process of applying under FSW program and with reference of proof of funds I want to inquire if its acceptable to CIC that I show proof of funds as a JOINT BANK Account between my self and my wife ( she is also immigrating with me ) .

Thanks,
UJ

mech

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
nalaiq said:
Hi,

My question is some what related to the on going discussion on the subject of proof of funds however I still wanted to get a confirmation and if possible a reference from CIC website.

I am in the process of applying under FSW program and with reference of proof of funds I want to inquire if its acceptable to CIC that I show proof of funds as a JOINT BANK Account between my self and my wife ( she is also immigrating with me ) .

Thanks,
UJ
yes that's acceptable as POF

mech

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
katokatokato said:
would it be an advantage that to show more money in proof of fund? as my husband and I have independent account, both accounts have enough amount of money for application. should we show all or just one account is ok?
No advantage but if you can show more money, Do it. it won't do any harm :)

mech

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
chotu123 said:
Apologies if I'm repeating any of the questions, please could someone advise on the following points?

1. Can i submit the proof of funds using my parents bank statement? I have joint accounts with my dad and mother which has 12k CAD balance

NO
2. How long shall I keep the money in the bank account for?
till your application is finalized i.e. you get Visa
3. Do they accept money in 2 separate bank accounts? as long as I provide balance certificates from both bank accounts?
yes. But both account must be belong to you (or your spouse if he/she will be accompanying to you in Canada ). You can also use investment certificates (issued by National saving center or any other bank) as POF.

Many thanks in advance

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Hi Mech

Thanks for your reply. If they dont accept joint accounts, can I use affidavits from my parents stating that the money belongs to me?

Do you know if the proof of funds need to be submitted at the time we send our initial application to CIC?

Thanks

namreddy

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Med's Request
31-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-04-2015
Hi All,

To my bad many things going wrong one of them is below regarding the POF.

I have a letter from bank and I have also submitted bank statement but all the amount was transferred from my mother and sister's joint account in one day( My sister is already a pr holder of canada)

So please help me will it cause any issue.