New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
rajakumarjk said:
I am from Chennai, India.
Can I show my Provident fund balance report which is downloaded from Employee provident fund organization website as a proof of funds?
Actually you cannot. They used to allow it earlier but stopped. As of now you can show either a bank balance (with no sudden large deposits made recently) and/or fixed deposit certificates.

alphino

Nov 7, 2014
Hi Seniors

I am a FSW2014 single applicant and I have a Question Regarding a Proof of Fund.

I send a Bank Balance of 15,000 CAD as a POF with my initial application to CIO in December 2014.(I also stated the 15,000 CAD as a settlement fund in my application forms).I have already received my PER in 7 March 2015.

Today, I received and Email from the visa office asking me to provide updated document within 60 days.They have requested to provide the Bank Statement of my account for the last 3 Month.

Currently, I have about 12,000 CAD in my account which covers the minimum required funds of 11,931 CAD requested by CIC for single applicants.

My question is:

1- Is it OK if I just send this 12,000 CAD bank statement ? or should I add extra 3,000 CAD to my account to have the balance of 15000 CAD and therefore show the visa office that I still have the same amount of money(15,000 CAD) I already shown on my initial POF ?

2- my concern is that if I add 3,000 CAD Today ,They might consider it as "Large amount of money deposited at the end of statement" and become suspicious of my fund.What is your suggestion about this;
Should I add extra 3,000 right now or should I split the 3,000 into two 1,500 and make two separate depositions with some weeks gap in between ?

3- My current bank status is : Remaining balance = 12,000 : Total debit =5,00 and Total Credit =3,000
if I add extra 3,000 it shall be like Remaining Balance = 15,000 : Total debit =5,00 : Total Credit =6,000
Would It be OK If I have this credit and balance ratio ?

Which Scenario you do you suggest?

I highly appreciate your help .

Reactions: eghlima

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
POF - Express Entry FSW

Dear immigration experts,

I'm planning to apply under Express Entry - FSW category after Dec 2015 (My work experience completes four years in end Nov 2015). I have been married for almost a year now and expecting a baby next month. So about 3 people are planning to immigrate to Canada, once I get through Visa process. But in the initial phase, I will be the only person travelling to Canada. My wife and baby would take minimum 6 months to 1 year, after my departure to Canada.

My question is as follows:
Since I am the only person planning to travel firstly, should I apply as a sole applicant and show funds for 1 person, ie., 11931 CAD? and later make application for my family and show POF for other 2 people, ie., 14853 CAD when they are planning to travel.

Or wholly family and I would consist of 3 members anyway, should I need to show funds for 3 people, ie., 18260 CAD, though only I travel initially and later my family.

Please help me with your relevant answers.

Regards,
fatehelps.

Canada021

Apr 13, 2015
Dear frends.

I am new here. FSW AEO applicant. Received today from Viena Office "proof of My settlement funds" and passports. Does anybody know do I must have cc 22000 CAD (4 person) or they want only to know an amount of settlement funds. For AEO FSW it is not obligation to show. Does anybody receive similar request.
I have a month. Please help
Regards

Reactions: eghlima

ayoka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June, 2014
Nomination.....
7th October , 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
18th Feb, 2015
Med's Done....
20th Feb , 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19th June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28th August 2015
LANDED..........
8th sept 2015
Topic Summary

Posted on: April 24, 2015, 09:14:25 am

Posted by: ayoka

Insert Quote

My situation is similar. I got pregnant after my PER and was 4 months when i did my medical, i did not inform VO but i guessed they got that from my medical result. I waited for 2 months expecting my PPR but alas instead of PPR, i was asked to send updated proof of fund for family of two or three depending on if i am married to the father of my baby, i was also asked to update my schedule A form and Additional family information form.

on the updated POF, i did not have up to the required fund but i had to quickly dispose my car and i attached evidences of sales receipt and transfer of ownership ,police report and sworn avidavict, i also ensure the payment of the car sale was paid into my account which i explained .
Do you think that will cause any delay in PPR? Please i need advise.

pk7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Hi,

I have a quick question for you guys. I am planning to apply for federal skilled category. My wife is accompanying me to Canada and I am currently in Canada. Could you please tell me that can I use my Wife's bank account as part of POF. She is not doing any job, she got that money from her father and she is not obligated to return that as it is from a father to a daughter? Please advice

Thanks

Evildead2

Jun 12, 2015
Hi Guys,

I've got an account in scotiabank but only about $6000 available. I'm planning on getting my parents to transfer 5000 euro in so I make the POF threshold (and then giving the money back to them). Is this an option, could someone advise?

shibdutta

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

my question might have been discussed many times here. But it might be little different from other situations. I am from India. I am planning to apply on 10th of September.

I have account in a bank (which is not my salary account), and I have to show 800000 in INR for 14k CAD. now i had 400000 in the account (which I had collected over few months from my salary, ), and i took money from one joint account with my father, and 300000 from a friend. which I don't have to return to him, as its my money only (but how I prove it to CIC). ALSO all these transaction (of 400000) happened in August. my salary is ok type also, yearly 1.2 mil INR.

What is the best thing for me to do

1) should I only give Bank Certificate, to hide the transactions for 300000 (which is from Friend)
2) should I give my Bank Statement from my Salary Account also, so that it shows good salary every month.
3) should I do a FD of the whole amount, for 6 months, and then show the Details of FD only. will it give strength to my case.
4) should I take all the amount to my salary account and give certificate and Bank Statement from there.
or what is the best option.

if anyone can help me here

Rolakeh

Mar 15, 2017
mikenz said:
Hmm.. It seems this is handled differently from VO to VO.. My application was approved showing only my properties net worth (Assets minus Liability) Never sent a statement or anything..well, the bank vouched for me in a letter.. was obviously fine in my case.

Hi,
Asides from my bank balance, am I supposed to show my assets and liabilities? If so

1. Should I prepare a statement of net worth or or it will be on my letter of explanation.
2. I have a home loan of 13,750cad, the house is worth about 41,666cad and I have liquid cash of 23,000cad will this be okAy?
3. Do I need a valuation report for the property?

Regards

doctor_kale

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hi!

The POF is the most important and most hassle creating part of the application. Irrespective your FM are accompanying you or not, you will have to show sufficient funds to accommodate them! In you case the amount needed can be looked up at the CIC website. House wont be acceptable proof of funds, unless you sell it and show the same with an explanation.

cheers!

Dr_K

serenity_eee

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2014
File Transfer...
27-01-2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi

I would like to know for someone who has got PR (FSW14) and wants to go to Quebec after landing in Toronto. Consider she has got SIN using a non-Quebec address. Now if she moves to Montreal, should she expect any difficulties like Health Care facilities, Employment benefits, education in future for children (born in non-Quebec). It is understandable that first year she cannot claim any benefits. But how about the bursaries (living expense) that people enjoy while they are in full time education in Montreal? If she stays there for one year, can she claim social benefits for employment and children? Will there be any problem later in future when she will apply for citizenship?

eghlima

Apr 22, 2018
Hi Seniors

I am a FSW2014 single applicant and I have a Question Regarding a Proof of Fund.

I send a Bank Balance of 15,000 CAD as a POF with my initial application to CIO in December 2014.(I also stated the 15,000 CAD as a settlement fund in my application forms).I have already received my PER in 7 March 2015.

Today, I received and Email from the visa office asking me to provide updated document within 60 days.They have requested to provide the Bank Statement of my account for the last 3 Month.

Currently, I have about 12,000 CAD in my account which covers the minimum required funds of 11,931 CAD requested by CIC for single applicants.

My question is:

1- Is it OK if I just send this 12,000 CAD bank statement ? or should I add extra 3,000 CAD to my account to have the balance of 15000 CAD and therefore show the visa office that I still have the same amount of money(15,000 CAD) I already shown on my initial POF ?

2- my concern is that if I add 3,000 CAD Today ,They might consider it as "Large amount of money deposited at the end of statement" and become suspicious of my fund.What is your suggestion about this;
Should I add extra 3,000 right now or should I split the 3,000 into two 1,500 and make two separate depositions with some weeks gap in between ?

3- My current bank status is : Remaining balance = 12,000 : Total debit =5,00 and Total Credit =3,000
if I add extra 3,000 it shall be like Remaining Balance = 15,000 : Total debit =5,00 : Total Credit =6,000
Would It be OK If I have this credit and balance ratio ?

Which Scenario you do you suggest?

I highly appreciate your help .
I have almost the same question:
Have you found any answer for this critical question?

>>>>>>
Hello to everybody

I have received my ITA around the beginning of September and I have applied 10th of October.

At that time I had shown proof of fund for what I stated as 20,000 CAD.

I am at the end of PR application and I hope to receive the final step soon.

The problem is that due our political and economical situation in my country (Iran), I can not acquire 20,000 CAD as a I expressed in the beginning of my application. Exchange rate for all foreign currencies are getting higher and higher. I can provide around 10,000 CA now.

Is it something that they check at Landing step when one entering the Canada?
Am I disqualified now?
Will they understand the change in situation in countries?

Thank you all in advance.
>>>>

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I have almost the same question:
Have you found any answer for this critical question?

>>>>>>
Hello to everybody

I have received my ITA around the beginning of September and I have applied 10th of October.

At that time I had shown proof of fund for what I stated as 20,000 CAD.

I am at the end of PR application and I hope to receive the final step soon.

The problem is that due our political and economical situation in my country (Iran), I can not acquire 20,000 CAD as a I expressed in the beginning of my application. Exchange rate for all foreign currencies are getting higher and higher. I can provide around 10,000 CA now.

Is it something that they check at Landing step when one entering the Canada?
Am I disqualified now?
Will they understand the change in situation in countries?

Thank you all in advance.
>>>>
They will ask to produce proof of funds while landing. You will have to show through a recent bank statement or traveler's cheques.

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello All,
Request ur hlp on below:

1. I got funds transferred to my saving account xxxxxxxx

2. Then Opened FD account yyyyyyyy on basis of saving account xxxxxxxx

3. On gift deed it mentioned that funds transferred to saving account xxxxxxxx

4. on bank letter I am planning to show only FD account yyyyyyyyy

So there is no relation shown between my bank letter FD account yyyyyyyyy and my gift deed saving account xxxxxxxx,

IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THIS SCENARIO????

Thanks in advance