+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

ThisIsHoof

Nov 27, 2014
cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

The above link states that all applicants need at least $12,000 to apply.

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada

AND

you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
Where the hell did this rule come from? Why didn't they mention this when the rules came out months ago?

This is an outrage, how are people supposed to come up with that sort of money in 60 days?

Do we need to show the money when we apply for EE or after we get the ITA?

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Exactly.

The best way to get around this is to try and secure a job offer from a Canadian employer.

Need to show the proof of funds only when submitting documents after you get ITA.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
journey21 said:
Exactly.

The best way to get around this is to try and secure a job offer from a Canadian employer.

Need to show the proof of funds only when submitting documents after you get ITA.
You need to show proof of funds in your entrance to Canada, to the border officer, otherwise he can turn you down from entering Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arrival.asp

ThisIsHoof

Nov 27, 2014
You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).
How would they know if you borrowed it or not?

Do you need to show proof of funds both when applying AND on your entrance to Canada?

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ThisIsHoof said:
How would they know if you borrowed it or not?

Do you need to show proof of funds both when applying AND on your entrance to Canada?
Both, of course...
Here you can see the table with funds requirements based on family size. note that even in case you are applying alone to PR, you still need to have funds to support your family members, even if they are not coming with you.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I don't understand the reason for outrage. This is not new. Applicants for FSW have always been required to show proof of funds, both at the time of application and when moving to canada after receiving PR. The only exception is if you have a valid job offer in Canada. Express entry is simply a different way of applying under FSW/CEC/FSTP, the eligibility rules remain the same.

CIC can sometimes ask for bank statements for 6 months, hence they will know if the money is borrowed or not.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
namaste said:
I don't understand the reason for outrage. This is not new. Applicants for FSW have always been required to show proof of funds, both at the time of application and when moving to canada after receiving PR. The only exception is if you have a valid job offer in Canada. Express entry is simply a different way of applying under FSW/CEC/FSTP, the eligibility rules remain the same.
Agreed. This isn't a new rule - it's been around for years. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has done their homework and read up on Canada's immigration programs.

Reactions: snoopyta

Niil

Oct 1, 2014
Hi,

I am planning to apply under Canadian Experience Class Express entry, How much fund I have to shows when I apply. I am married.
Please give me guidance.

Thanks

LanaS

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Ukraine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2016
It feels a bit disturbing that i may be asked to show bank statements for the previous 6 months. I live in Ukraine and here people try to get their money back from banks, especially investments in USD and EURO. Several banks have already closed and people are literally standing in line for days and can't convert their money back into cash. Even opening bank account and keep it alive for 2-3 months is too risky. Please advice how else i can prove my funds without dealing with bank. Thanks in advance!

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Really!? It's not an outrage at all. If you had done your research (as you really should've done for such a huge life decision) you would've been well aware of such a requirement. It's not like the topic hasn't been discussed to death on here. You're not expected to raise those funds in 60 days you really should be some way towards reaching the funds before applying. If proof of funds is an afterthought for you then you really need to think about whether you should be applying just now.

Reactions: SenatorT

sidchowdray

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$12,000 is for one person

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

LanaS

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Ukraine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2016
bairn7 said:
Really!? It's not an outrage at all. If you had done your research (as you really should've done for such a huge life decision) you would've been well aware of such a requirement. It's not like the topic hasn't been discussed to death on here. You're not expected to raise those funds in 60 days you really should be some way towards reaching the funds before applying. If proof of funds is an afterthought for you then you really need to think about whether you should be applying just now.
That's the point - For example, I have been raising these funds for several years and if something happens during these 6-months and i won't be able to have my money back i think i will have to forget about Canada for another few years (( By the way, requesting to show 6-months bank statements is not obligatory in each particular case.

Reactions: askele