+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

cheesu

Mar 2, 2015
now i m scared. is it mandatory to show the fund from last 6 months?
because i dont think i can? bank statement of a day can be managed but 6 months statement is difficult?
we r three n need to show 18260 dollar. plz ...any idea...any help.. any one

Reactions: realzaheer

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheesu said:
now i m scared. is it mandatory to show the fund from last 6 months?
because i dont think i can? bank statement of a day can be managed but 6 months statement is difficult?
we r three n need to show 18260 dollar. plz ...any idea...any help.. any one
you have to show an average balance of 6 months.. and not a bank statement.. though the officer can ask for ur 6 month bank statement.. so u cant put 18260 1 fine morning as it would screw ur 6 month average balance..
its 1 of the most imp documents required i would say..

LanaS

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Ukraine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2016
jassu2 said:
you have to show an average balance of 6 months.. and not a bank statement.. though the officer can ask for ur 6 month bank statement.. so u cant put 18260 1 fine morning as it would screw ur 6 month average balance..
its 1 of the most imp documents required i would say..
Okay, here is the situation - i have been raising 12 000 dollars for 5 years helping my parents in family business and studying (in cash, without investing these money to bank). For three years after i have been working for Legal Services with a monthly salary of 200 $. It is obviously that my average balance for 6-months will not give an idea where 12K came from as 200$ are spent each month for living. What POF documents i should provide after i get ITA?

eankmuk

Apr 7, 2015
I was applying for Express Entry program under FSW scheme. I encountered a question : "How much money you can bring to Canada ?"

Regarding this i want to confirm my doubt .

I have Bank FD (Fixed Deposite) of amount 15000$ (CAD) , but in the FD certificate my name is in the 2nd applicant .
does this FD acceptable as a proof ? Or my name has to be in the 1st applicant in FD ?
Can any one help me pls ?

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
If you in Canada and was working before on work permit you can only show your last statement.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
I don't know how many times I've discussed this in threads...but here goes again...

No-one knows! EE is such a new program that no-one has obtained PR yet through EE. Until people start obtaining PR and reporting back, there will continue to be so many grey areas.

Regarding POF, all we know is that we need to show the minimum funds requirement and that we need to provide 6 months average balance evidence in our bank account.

My personal opinion, having researched as much as I can, is that whilst we have to show 6 months average balance evidence, we do NOT require to have the full minimum balance for 6 months. I believe that the purpose of 6 months average balance is to highlight any months with large deposits (eg low balance for 5 months and then large deposit of the minimum funds in month 6). This would then raise flags with CIC who would likely ask for further evidence (bank statements) to establish why the balance increased so dramatically.

As far as I am concerned, all you need to be concerned about is a) having the minimum funds at the time of responding to the ITA and b) being able to prove that any large balances are legitimate balances and not loans.

This is just my opinion and no doubt there will be many other people on here with differing opinions.

Until we start seeing people getting PR, that is all we have.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
nick.rwth said:
If you in Canada and was working before on work permit you can only show your last statement.
Wrong. You either need to show 6 months of bank statement (if you don't have LMIA) or you don't need to show anything (If you have LMIA)
---
You don't need to have the cutoff amount in all 6 months or in an average, you only need it in the most recent statement balance.

They want 6 months history of your banking because they need to know you aren't borrowing money for proof of fund. Any large credits to your account that aren't explained in the statement will be questioned. (E.g. If the credit description says "Deposit - Payroll", that would have been fine)
---
@bairn7
I believe the procedures and requirements in full application (After ITA stage) are similar, if not identical, to that before EE. So it's sensible to reference experiences from before EE. But you are right that things might have changed since EE and we might not be aware of.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bairn7 said:
I don't know how many times I've discussed this in threads...but here goes again...

No-one knows! EE is such a new program that no-one has obtained PR yet through EE. Until people start obtaining PR and reporting back, there will continue to be so many grey areas.

Regarding POF, all we know is that we need to show the minimum funds requirement and that we need to provide 6 months average balance evidence in our bank account.

My personal opinion, having researched as much as I can, is that whilst we have to show 6 months average balance evidence, we do NOT require to have the full minimum balance for 6 months. I believe that the purpose of 6 months average balance is to highlight any months with large deposits (eg low balance for 5 months and then large deposit of the minimum funds in month 6). This would then raise flags with CIC who would likely ask for further evidence (bank statements) to establish why the balance increased so dramatically.

As far as I am concerned, all you need to be concerned about is a) having the minimum funds at the time of responding to the ITA and b) being able to prove that any large balances are legitimate balances and not loans.

This is just my opinion and no doubt there will be many other people on here with differing opinions.

Until we start seeing people getting PR, that is all we have.
You can have cash savings that you deposit in a large amount, how would the officer know it's a loan or not? Nothing appears on the statement showing proof of a loan. If it's under 10 000 $, you aren't even asked at the bank where is the money from.

rakeshk007

Apr 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Say I get ITA and I haven't got the the necessary funds in my account. I intend to ask my parents to make transfers to my account from their account after i receive ITA.
I will then take the statements. Is that valid?

Nursepmc

Sep 4, 2014
Trying to build a profile on express entry, I input the amount in canadian dollars but when I press next it won't proceed to the next question, what should I do?

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
katja2684 said:
You can have cash savings that you deposit in a large amount, how would the officer know it's a loan or not? Nothing appears on the statement showing proof of a loan. If it's under 10 000 $, you aren't even asked at the bank where is the money from.
The officer is not to know whether it is a loan or not. The point is that it is down to the officer's discretion. You need to make his job as easy as possible to minimise the risk of him deciding that further investigation is required. This would slow down your application and also risk rejection. Simply saying that you had $10,000 in cash without any further backup or good reason (who keeps $10,000 in cash?) could lead to the officer assuming that it is some form of loan. Even if it isn't a loan, his inference could lead to rejection.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
bairn7 said:
The officer is not to know whether it is a loan or not. The point is that it is down to the officer's discretion. You need to make his job as easy as possible to minimise the risk of him deciding that further investigation is required. This would slow down your application and also risk rejection. Simply saying that you had $10,000 in cash without any further backup or good reason (who keeps $10,000 in cash?) could lead to the officer assuming that it is some form of loan. Even if it isn't a loan, his inference could lead to rejection.
I am supplying only last statement.
I will not provide neither 6 month balance or offcial letter from bank.
CIC have information about my funds from January.

Rules does not distinguish between those in Canada and not. And that is biggest fault they have.

I apply the way I want, I applied before and got visa, and I did not exactly as it's written in their guide.

I never provided any bank statements except bank print out on the day when application filed. I got permit with this information.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

WTF - what home country :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stupitidy is limitless - if you in Canada rules are already different.
I am from Ukraine, but came to Canada from Germany.

Medical examination for my work permit was waived because for the time of application I was resident of Germany.
My common law way not German resident but her medicals was waived too.

So rules are rules but exceptions occur!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
At CIC, you are guilty until proven innocent.

If CIC officer doubted the source and ownership of your fund, you need to provide explanation to convince them that the fund is yours and does not need to pay back to somebody. You can have money from your family deposit into the account, then you will need some written legal letter of some sort to declare that money is now yours and doesn't need to pay back to your family. Even that, whether it can still be counted as PoF is up to CIC officer's discretion.

The instruction has clearly stated 6 months statement is required. You can choose to ignore it, CIC has the right to reject applications. Simple as that.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Yes CIC view everyone with suspicion. They have every right to. Judging by some of the many threads in this forum, there are many people who are prepared to cheat the system to get into Canada, whether that be through temporarily borrowing funds from family or otherwise. These are the people who will inevitably struggle in Canada when they pay their funds back. Does CIC not have a right to do everything they can to prevent this?

Not to mention the fact that there are people who genuinely want to have a successful transition to Canada and want to ensure that they have sufficient funds to achieve that.

If you genuinely have a gift from family or other sources, or a cash balance meeting the minimum funds requirement, you should be grateful. Obtaining documentary evidence of his should really not be a chore. It should be a pleasure. You have the funds. You need to play the game and make it easy for the officer to form the conclusion that you genuinely have sufficient funds.

By all means, supply less information than is required. But don't come crying on here if your application is rejected. Grow up.