+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds Bank Letter Format

sukrithy

Feb 23, 2017
Yes, it is good for the bank to specify that your funds are free if encumbrances. I have heard if ICICI and HDFC issuing such letters.
I have Icici account and they are refusing to give such a statement. Can I submit the letter without such a statement??

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
I have Icici account and they are refusing to give such a statement. Can I submit the letter without such a statement??
You can submit it but it would be better if you could get it written. Try going to a different branch or a bigger branch than the one you already visited.

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Is it mandatory to submit full account statement if official bank letter shows all thats necessary and savings account balances of the last 6 months?
I would like to avoid handing in full account statements. However, i have read that visa officers may ask for full statement at a later date, any experience?

nanak111

Apr 13, 2018
Please I just submitted and paid for my application. I attached my six months statements but forgot to add the letter from the bank. What should I do now? I'm so scared

Last edited:

suzipats

Apr 21, 2017
Please I just submitted and paid for my application. I attached my six months statements but forgot to add the letter from the bank. What should I do now? I'm so scared
Bank statements from yhe branch or net bankingb are absoultely ok. You just need to prove that you have required funds and its not temporary borrowed money.

vj83

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Hi,
Some of the money is in spouse account in home saving account and had recently opened a joint (couple) NRO/NRE account. Is it advisable to show recently open account with money transfer from saving.
REASON - principal applicant name in account.

Ukr52

Sep 29, 2013
TO WHOM SO EVER IT MAY CONCERN

This letter is to certify that Miss/Mr.______________ son/daughter of Mr._________________ and Mrs.____________ Resident of house no___________ has/have been maintaining saving bank account number____________ with bank of______ branch_______, since____________ and he/she/they holds fixed deposits/saving funds with the bank of approximately ________________which is equivalent to Canadian Dollars___________in our account books at the close of business today on__________________2017.It is also certify that these funds are fully free of any liens, debts and/or encumbrances and are maintained and available for immediate transfer as of_______________2017.
This certificate is issued at the request of customer.

Authorized signatory

For bank______________

Hi,
Thanks. This can be really helpful, however, it does not say anything about the last 6 months. It just speaks about the current balance in the account. Does this letter have to be accompanied by the bank's e-statement? Not sure if it will be ok as is since the CIC website clearly states the requirement of the 6 months period.

"The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months. "

KGo

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,

So I am submitting my docs and in POF, Ive included:
6 months bank statement, balance cert into CAD,
gift deed & affidavit (since my parents gave me the funds) and an LOE explaining the funds

Is anything else required ?

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
How recent should the bank letter be? I want to get the bank letter now because I will be out of the counyrc my account is domicile for a while. Is there any requirement on how old the submited bank letter should be?

Roop13

Jul 3, 2018
Hello all,
Please clear my doubt . I have recieved ITA on 29 oct2018 . The bank accounts which i m using to show funds were opened 4 months ago. In one account I have FD of Rs 7lac nd in other I have Rs60th.. Is it mandatory to show the 6months old bank statement which is impossible to produce in my case.?
Please clear my query.