+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds Bank Letter Format

gautam1

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Please I just submitted and paid for my application. I attached my six months statements but forgot to add the letter from the bank. What should I do now? I'm so scared
Bro what happen to ur case. Please update.

I have just uploaded the letter from bank for my fdr and its opening date. Didn’t upload the FDR copy or the statemtn for fdr a/c.

Nov 11, 2018
Hello all,
Please clear my doubt . I have recieved ITA on 29 oct2018 . The bank accounts which i m using to show funds were opened 4 months ago. In one account I have FD of Rs 7lac nd in other I have Rs60th.. Is it mandatory to show the 6months old bank statement which is impossible to produce in my case.?
Please clear my query.
Did you manage to get any update on your sceanrio. I'm on the same boar as well. I will be showing only FD which covers the required funds. Do we still need to submit bank statements + the FD is over 6 months

milin4ever

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Can we show joint accounts as a proof of funds, joint account with mother?
Yes, but make sure you are the primary account holder in it. Also you need to get one letter signed by your mother saying that she doesnt have any objection if you withdraw money from the said joint account and the money is available to you anytime you require.

azade.84

Sep 12, 2018
Yes, but make sure you are the primary account holder in it. Also you need to get one letter signed by your mother saying that she doesnt have any objection if you withdraw money from the said joint account and the money is available to you anytime you require.
Hi, my joint account is with my husband and he will accompany me in the express entry profile. do I, too, need any letter from my husband?

Grv15

Oct 7, 2015
Yes, it is good for the bank to specify that your funds are free if encumbrances. I have heard if ICICI and HDFC issuing such letters.
Hi,
Please specify what are our options in case our bank simply refuses to give any kind of letter on its letterhead, which is a very common scenario with most of the public sector banks.

Early reply is much appreciated.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi,
Please specify what are our options in case our bank simply refuses to give any kind of letter on its letterhead, which is a very common scenario with most of the public sector banks.

I am not sure what to suggest in this regard since I did not experience this first hand. Suggest you check with @legalfalcon, he may have some inputs.

Mhemant

Feb 5, 2019
Hi,

Can we show funds in Spouse's account. For this, do we need to submit any NOC, letter or an Affidavit.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi,

Can we show funds in Spouse's account. For this, do we need to submit any NOC, letter or an Affidavit.
Yes, IF your spouse is accompanying and part of your application. A simple letter from your spouse stating that they have no objections to using the funds in their account for immigration and settlement in Canada is enough.

Reactions: Mhemant

Mj_love07

May 30, 2018
Hi,

I faced the same problem I showed them the copy of their bank letter in letter head which I got from an immigration related post. Then they agreed. You can do the same.

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi,

Recently I got my ITA. I am a resident of UAE for the last 4 years, but have an Indian passport. I have an NRE account with a bank in India. Will a letter from that Indian bank be good enough as proof of funds? Or does it have to be a bank in my resident country (UAE)? My salary is credited to my UAE bank. I have sufficient balance in my India account and it has been almost constant for the last year. Please help.

akshaybagga9

Jan 31, 2019
my bank account is in Oriental Bank of commerce will this bank work for showing PROOF OF FUNDS ?
OR are there any particular banks only ?

Plz plz reply

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
my bank account is in Oriental Bank of commerce will this bank work for showing PROOF OF FUNDS ?
OR are there any particular banks only ?

Plz plz reply
Yeah there is no reason for it to not work as long as they are registered and issue the letter for the purpose.

Reactions: akshaybagga9