+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship Tracking thread?

dqx16

Oct 24, 2018
Hi! I am also a Canadian citizen living in the US. My online application status said that my citizenship certificate was mailed on October 4th, but I have yet to receive it in the mail. Does anyone know what the mailing timelines are to the USA (New York/D.C./Maryland area), and what carrier they use?

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I am a Canadian citizen living in the US. I have recently applied for proof of citizenship for my kids. Below is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on August 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 13, 2018.
  3. We sent your citizenship certificate on October 23, 2018
Was it changed From "Application Received" to "In Process" to "Decision made".
(Or)
changed From "Application Received" to "Decision Made" Directly.

chalk4

Jul 20, 2018
Was it changed From "Application Received" to "In Process" to "Decision made".
(Or)
changed From "Application Received" to "Decision Made" Directly.
Application Received to Decision Made. The info I post was a copy/paste from the website with the status of the application. As with other people in this thread it seems to be roughly 6 weeks from AOR to Decision made if there are no issues.

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Application Received to Decision Made. The info I post was a copy/paste from the website with the status of the application. As with other people in this thread it seems to be roughly 6 weeks from AOR to Decision made if there are no issues.
Oh.. Thank so much for replying. Anyway Congrats! It will take one monthe to get ur certificate.

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
Good Day.

Please I would like to know if CIC would try to reach one via a telephone number.

I am assuming my application is passed on for more investigation. AOR was 15th August, 2018 and it has not changed.

Thank you for your response

chalk4

Jul 20, 2018
I am a Canadian citizen living in the US. I have recently applied for proof of citizenship for my kids. Below is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on August 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 13, 2018.
  3. We sent your citizenship certificate on October 23, 2018
Certificate was received 11/03/18. 11 Days after the status changed online.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Good Day.

Please I would like to know if CIC would try to reach one via a telephone number.

I am assuming my application is passed on for more investigation. AOR was 15th August, 2018 and it has not changed.

Thank you for your response

Did you receive your Citizenship Certificate yet?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
I am yet to receive my certificate. Do you think I should contact them via webform
I think u should. Although i am pretty much sure your application has been escalated to program support.

I am wondering what couldve happened. Is there something extra ordinary in your application? Are you a minor? Are you applying as a group with minor/s? Are you are first gen born?

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
I think u should. Although i am pretty much sure your application has been escalated to program support.

I am wondering what couldve happened. Is there something extra ordinary in your application? Are you a minor? Are you applying as a group with minor/s? Are you are first gen born?

I am 38 years old. Applied as a family with my Sister who is 29 years old. First gen born abroad with two sisters and a a brother born in Canada.

The only issue I could imagine as someone pointed out was sending via a representative in Canada (my Father's childhood friend who is a Canadian and lives in Canada). I have also explained why it was sent via a representative in Canada (The Nigerian High Commision does not accept citizenship documents from first generation born abroad who just became aware of their status). Aside this, I included all necessary documents required.

I would contact them via webform.

Thanks for your response.

Regards

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
I got a response from CIC and was told my application is 'still in processing'.

They said they would contact me once the processing is complete.

I hope soon .

Just wanted to provide an update.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Ugh. I hope they release your citizen certificate soon.

If the cause of delay is solely based on manner application was submitted, then it's a shame. Applications escalated to PSU can take as long as 2 years.

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
The mail didn't say it was escalated to PSU. I hope they didn't send it there.

Thanks for your response and positive feedback.