+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship Tracking thread?

Roxy0

Feb 23, 2019
Please I would like to know if I can contact the CIC by telephone number. I am assuming my application is passed on for more investigation. AOR was sent on 17 July, 2018 and it has not changed since. Can someone help me with any information? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
Pretty similar for my brother, except he applied from the US (thus no embassy)

Mailed: 5 July 2018 from the US to Sydney NS
Received by IRCC: 12 July 2018
AOR: August 8th, 2018 (19 business days/27 days later)

And no further updates since (28 business days/18 days later).
Hey, did your brother ended up receiving his certificate and how long it took?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Im getting worried. Am a 1st gen born outside canada to a canadian father. I am Now 30 years old. Submitted my application to the embassy in the country to which i was born. Application received on Dec 18 2018. AOR on Jan 28 2019. Status hasnt changed since.

Theres nothing non routine in my application. In the past years, i noticed that most were processed quickly unless CIC is not satisfied with the docs submitted. Im getting myself ready for that Program Support Unit delay.

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
Im getting worried. Am a 1st gen born outside canada to a canadian father. I am Now 30 years old. Submitted my application to the embassy in the country to which i was born. Application received on Dec 18 2018. AOR on Jan 28 2019. Status hasnt changed since.

Theres nothing non routine in my application. In the past years, i noticed that most were processed quickly unless CIC is not satisfied with the docs submitted. Im getting myself ready for that Program Support Unit delay.
What country did you apply from? I sent mine from within Canada.

Ali_TO

Mar 31, 2012
Guys can you help shedding some light on my case. I applied for a proof of citizenship for my new born baby on March 10, 2019. The application was submitted in person to the Canadian Embassy in Jordan. I am unable to check the status online since i do not have a file number yet. no communication from IRCC at all. Is it normal not to receive acknowledgment that the application is in process until now? I called the embassy and they said that they won't have access for the application since it is being processed in Canada. And when I call IRCC call centre - guess what - they say they do not have access for applications submitted to Canadian embassies!!! So who has my application?

For those who went through same type of case please share

Thank you

random12345

May 27, 2019
Hello, Can someone advise what is the usual time frame for a name change application sent from within Canada?
Could this be expedited for a personal reason, since I have to travel next month with new name on passport.
Thank you.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Just an update. Good thing, i requested GCMS notes. In the notes, reads the following:

1. They sent correspondence about notice of delay on march 22, 2019.
*Weird coz ecas still shows as AOR. Btw, i never received this correspondence

2. I am required to undergo DNA testing.
*it was the embassy that recommended the testing.

Timeline:
Submitted the application to the Canadian Embassy in Manila on November 28, 2019.

1. Application received in Sydney on December 18 2018
2. Acknowledgment of Receipt on January 28, 2019
3. Correspondence sent on March 22, 2019, *allegedly* sent but not received

I sent the webform to IRCC and to the Philippine Embassy to schedule the DNA testing asap. My father is 70 years old, havent seen him for 20 years, and he has an existing heart condition. I told them to give me this opportunity before it's too late.

Will keep you posted on their feedback.

Last edited:

Roxy0

Feb 23, 2019
Can anyone help me on getting a better understanding about my application please. I applied last year, I've received my AOR but no further updates
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on May 24, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 6, 2018
That's all I have received so far

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
Received April 1st
AOR May 8
Decision Made July 8

Under ecas it says, We started processing your application on July 8th. I was hoping to see we sent your citizenship certificate along the lines but maybe soon.

Roxy0

Feb 23, 2019
Hey good day...I have email ircc and they respond to my email...they still did say my application was sent to program support unit. Just that it's still in process..