+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

Knowledge_A

Mar 3, 2022
Hi,

My application is showing the status as 'Decision Made". What does this mean? Can this mean that they have rejected it or there can be more questions?

If it is that they approved, then how long does it take to get the certificate?

Below is my timeline:

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 5, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 2, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on February 16, 2022.
Thanks.
Hi,

Just wanted to update that I got the status 'complete' today and the timeline adds 4th line stating that the citizenship certificate has been mailed on 8th of March.

So, now just waiting to receive it. :)

kd73426

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Awesome. One more question. Did you mail it to this address?

CPC-Sydney
P.O. Box 10000
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C1
I think so. It was so long ago I can’t remember! It was the address that was in the instructions for regular mail for applications from the US and not a courier.

Reactions: campbell1

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
Hi,

Just wanted to update that I got the status 'complete' today and the timeline adds 4th line stating that the citizenship certificate has been mailed on 8th of March.

So, now just waiting to receive it. :)

Congrats, mine still hasn't been mailed. Although processing date is the same your application was received before mine. August 19th is when they received my application. Hoping I got good news this week coming

colind1977

Jun 23, 2021
Just had word from the embassy in London that my application has been approved...

Timeline:

Application received: 30/01/2020
Acknowledgement sent: 22/09/2020
Processing started: 27/05/2021

At various stages additional information has been requested and duly supplied

Decision made: 18/03/2022

A grand total of 778 days (25.56 months)

Advised that the certificate will take around 8 weeks to arrive. Planning to emigrate at the end of June if things work out...

We just need to work out what we need to do next... house is already purchased in Nova Scotia, job offer is secured... lots of reading up to do I guess...

Canada53

Jan 29, 2021
Just had word from the embassy in London that my application has been approved...

Timeline:

Advised that the certificate will take around 8 weeks to arrive. Planning to emigrate at the end of June if things work out...

We just need to work out what we need to do next... house is already purchased in Nova Scotia, job offer is secured... lots of reading up to do I guess...
Hi Colind1977, i just wondered, did you get citizenship as a grandparent was a Crown servant in WW2, like me? If so, was that why the asked for more information. It looks like they took ages to start processing it and then also in actually processing it. I wonder if i am to expect the same. Just got my AOR letter and number. Many thanks. Good luck with the move.

kd73426

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Hi Colind1977, i just wondered, did you get citizenship as a grandparent was a Crown servant in WW2, like me? If so, was that why the asked for more information. It looks like they took ages to start processing it and then also in actually processing it. I wonder if i am to expect the same. Just got my AOR letter and number. Many thanks. Good luck with the move.
Hi Canada53, you mentioned you just got AOR. Would you be able to share your timeline?

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017

Timeline:

Congratulations. I'm glad that everything worked out for you. How were you able to solve your parental link issue?

campbell1

Feb 16, 2022
I think so. It was so long ago I can’t remember! It was the address that was in the instructions for regular mail for applications from the US and not a courier.
Hi. I just got my AOR yesterday. My timeline is: application received on March 15, 2021 and AOR received on March 21, 2022.

Reactions: kd73426