+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

CharlesM

Jul 20, 2020
I received AOR for my two daughters today (April 8, 2021)! Sent from the US and received on May 20, 2020.

I tried to link the application via eCAS but it says application not found. Does it need some time before it can be linked? I need to change the address.

I also saw this message on the form to link which was confusing because I saw other people linked theirs up to eCAS?

Paper applications for proof of citizenship and search of citizenship records cannot be linked at this time.

CharlesM

Jul 20, 2020
I received AOR for my two daughters today (April 8, 2021)! Sent from the US and received on May 20, 2020.

I tried to link the application via eCAS but it says application not found. Does it need some time before it can be linked? I need to change the address.

I also saw this message on the form to link which was confusing because I saw other people linked theirs up to eCAS?
Never mind... I didn't realize that you could check application status without linking it to a "IRCC secure account". If I go straight to the Client Application Status page I'm able to look them up even though they can't be linked through the "Your Account" page.

I'm now seeing:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on May 29, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 8, 2021.
Had to update the address through the Web Form.

CharlesM

Jul 20, 2020
Anyone who mailed a first application and was able to link to their GC Key account? I know I can normally only link closer to receiving AOR but just wondering if it is possible or not. I don't have a UCI so I cannot check eCAS until I will have an application number. I know it will take months for AOR but just asking what to expect in terms of looking at the process online.

12 Mar 2021 - Application sent
19 Mar 2021 - Application received
No, it looks like you can't link paper Proof of Citizenship applications to a GC Key account, even after receiving AOR. As noted a couple of posts up there is a message saying they can't be linked. You can look it up in eCAS without linking to GC Key though.

Reactions: Laurahd

medic.

Aug 5, 2019
I sent in an envelope containing 3 applications in April 2020. One of the applications has been marked "received," as of today. The other two are still pending.

604Legend

Mar 18, 2021
Yesterday, I received an update that a Decision was Made.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on January 2, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 9, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on March 30, 2021.
Received an update that my Certificate was Complete and Sent yesterday.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on January 2, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 9, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on March 30, 2021.
  4. We sent your citizenship certificate on April 13, 2021 to XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXX. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.

hippoinCanada

Apr 15, 2021
Hi guys
just wanted to share our time line

1.We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on December 4, 2019.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2, 2020.

3.We started processing your application on February 23, 2021.

4.We sent your citizenship certificate on April 14, 2021

Apr 16, 2021
Has anyone applied online? I saw an online application option on my GCKey account, so that’s what we did for our young daughter born outside of Canada. We live outside of Canada.
We were able to include all requested documents/photos and filled out the online form. This was done in December 2020.
When I look at my account online, under “Current Status” it says “Submitted” and I have an application number starting with PR#######. When I click to check the full application status, it says

“We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.”

And

“We do not need additional documents.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.”

All information or communication has been through the GCKey account...

This all looks promising. But after reading here that everyone else is submitting paper applications directly through their embassies. I’m a little nervous!

Anyone else apply online??

Last edited:

Redaelrihani

Dec 4, 2020
Hi guys
just wanted to share our time line

1.We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on December 4, 2019.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2, 2020.

3.We started processing your application on February 23, 2021.

4.We sent your citizenship certificate on April 14, 2021

Redaelrihani

Dec 4, 2020
The certificate was send to the embassy on April 12 2021 any idea how long will take for the embassy to contact you please share

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I submitted after Name Change for My kid from inside Canada
App Delivered: June-04-2020
AOR Apr-26-2021

I submitted after Name Change for Myself from inside Canada
App Delivered: Jul-08-2020
No AOR

Reactions: Sezar_Canada
Apr 2, 2020
Still waiting for my application to be processed.
Applied from USA.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on February 10, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 29, 2020.
Also waiting for them to fix my mailing address.
When my application was received whoever put my info in the system selected the wrong state.
Two requests submitted via the webform and it's still not fixed.