+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

kstjarre

Aug 4, 2019
It's been pretty smooth for me so far. I'm checking far too often, but I'm eager to see their decision. Three Canadian grandparents, entire family tree runs back through Canada, lineage to Quebec and Acadia for hundreds of years, but born in the States to an unwed Canadian mother in the late 1960s. I was 20 years old before a spent a year of my life outside of Canada. Fingers crossed. Here are my status updates so far:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 8, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 24, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 16, 2019.

kstjarre

Aug 4, 2019
Goodluck. I hope you receive yours soon.. keep us posted once u receive an update.
A letter is arriving from the Canadian govt today, but my status on the website is still listed as "In Process" so I don't know if they've sent me a request for additional materials maybe?

Reactions: Triol80t

kstjarre

Aug 4, 2019
I received it. A couple years ago, I applied with photos taken by an American passport photographer. Canadian govt rejected them. I reapplied this year. I paid last time, and I paid this time, not knowing better. The Canadian govt was honest, and sent my first payment back. So, someone is definitely on the ball. All the letter was was a check for my extra fee. Still "in process" on my application.

Mikhailah

Apr 8, 2018
Thanks for making this thread. I applied for my child’s citizenship certificate and have been googling for a timeline from folks who recently applied. Application was sent within canada. So far, no AOR.
Received July 26

Received April 1st
AOR May 8
Decision Made July 8
Complete and Sent July 11
Received certificate in mail July 16

Good luck everyone.

Sep 17, 2018
Good thing, i requested for GCMS notes. In the notes, reads the following:

1. They sent correspondence about notice of delay on march 22, 2019.
*Weird coz ecas still shows as AOR. Btw, i never received this correspondence

2. I am required to undergo DNA testing.
*it was the embassy that recommended the testing.

Timeline:
Submitted the application to the Canadian Embassy in Manila on November 28, 2019.

1. Application received in Sydney on December 18 2018
2. Acknowledgment of Receipt on January 28, 2019
3. Correspondence sent on March 22, 2019, *allegedly* sent but not received

I sent the webform to IRCC and to the Embassy to schedule the DNA testing asap.

Will keep you posted on their feedback.
Hey I went through the same procedure they asked me to take a DNA test it took abou

Sep 17, 2018
Good thing, i requested for GCMS notes. In the notes, reads the following:

1. They sent correspondence about notice of delay on march 22, 2019.
*Weird coz ecas still shows as AOR. Btw, i never received this correspondence

2. I am required to undergo DNA testing.
*it was the embassy that recommended the testing.

Timeline:
Submitted the application to the Canadian Embassy in Manila on November 28, 2019.

1. Application received in Sydney on December 18 2018
2. Acknowledgment of Receipt on January 28, 2019
3. Correspondence sent on March 22, 2019, *allegedly* sent but not received

I sent the webform to IRCC and to the Embassy to schedule the DNA testing asap.

Will keep you posted on their feedback.
Hey I went through the same where they asked for a DNA test after they got my tests it took 2 months and i my status says “we sent your citizenship certificate “.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I am not sure what is happening in my case
- Application received - 21 May
- AOR - 30 July

After that no update at all
ECAS still says Application received

I heard from some one few cases Status don't change to in process and directly move to decision made.

Note : Mine is name change case

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
I am not sure what is happening in my case
- Application received - 21 May
- AOR - 30 July

After that no update at all
ECAS still says Application received

I heard from some one few cases Status don't change to in process and directly move to decision made.

Note : Mine is name change case
Check out my timeline, I went through name change process earlier this year.

Reactions: k300k3

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
Will be starting this process all over again for my daughter, she was born outside of Canada, last week and would need her proof of citizenship.
I guess this is sort of different from my name change application that I submitted earlier this year.

I will post back my timeline once I start.

Reactions: k300k3 and Rullence

kstjarre

Aug 4, 2019
Agh.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 8, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 24, 2019.
NEW TODAY-

"...your file has been referred to the Program Support Unit for a final review and decision. While every effort will be made to finalize your application as soon as possible, this means that it will not be processed within the current application processing times posted..."

I'm in limbo... it's official. Anyone know how long I can expect? Is it really years like some have suggested?

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
Agh.
NEW TODAY-

"...your file has been referred to the Program Support Unit for a final review and decision. While every effort will be made to finalize your application as soon as possible, this means that it will not be processed within the current application processing times posted..."

I'm in limbo... it's official. Anyone know how long I can expect? Is it really years like some have suggested?
What's your story? why did it get sent there?