+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship – Program Support Unit

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Ecas status updated to Complete.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on September 29, 2017.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 26, 2017.

3. We sent you a letter on November 26, 2017. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4. We sent your citizenship certificate on August 1, 2019 to: xxx, United States of America, If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
Wow. Im so happy for you and your kids. This is prolly one of the sweetest news in this thread. Congratulations.

Goodluck to me and the others who are waiting for the feedback by program support. I hope they check our applications soon.

am04

Sep 26, 2017
United States
Wow. Im so happy for you and your kids. This is prolly one of the sweetest news in this thread. Congratulations.

Goodluck to me and the others who are waiting for the feedback by program support. I hope they check our applications soon.
Thanks, @Rullence!
Wishing you all the best and I am hoping to hear a good news from you soon..

Reactions: Roxy0

am04

Sep 26, 2017
United States
Ecas status updated to Complete.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on September 29, 2017.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 26, 2017.

3. We sent you a letter on November 26, 2017. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4. We sent your citizenship certificate on August 1, 2019 to: xxx, United States of America, If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
Update: I received certificates for both the kids today via regular mail. It took total 22 months, 12 days from application received to receipt of certificates.
Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rullence

gummywoman

Aug 21, 2019
Hello everyone.
I sent my son's application for proof of citizenship in September 2018. They acknowledged the receipt in October 2018 and just yesterday I found out it was sent to the Program Support Unit. Apparently they sent an email, but I never received it.
My son was born outside of Canada, to a Canadian father. Right now we live in Canada, I am not Canadian, but a permanent resident. We need to make a trip back to my home country but how will we ever re-entry if my son doesn't have his proof of citizenship? We first entered Canada last year in September 2018. Our eTA only allowed 6 months of stay. He currently holds a Mexican passport.
Thanks for your thoughts.

am04

Sep 26, 2017
United States
Hello everyone.
I sent my son's application for proof of citizenship in September 2018. They acknowledged the receipt in October 2018 and just yesterday I found out it was sent to the Program Support Unit. Apparently they sent an email, but I never received it.
My son was born outside of Canada, to a Canadian father. Right now we live in Canada, I am not Canadian, but a permanent resident. We need to make a trip back to my home country but how will we ever re-entry if my son doesn't have his proof of citizenship? We first entered Canada last year in September 2018. Our eTA only allowed 6 months of stay. He currently holds a Mexican passport.
Thanks for your thoughts.
1) You may want to check with CIC if you are are eligible for urgent processing?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/apply/urgently.html
Or
2) Apply for a temporary Passport at a Canadian embassy or consulate.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/temporary-passport.html

Roxy0

Feb 23, 2019
My application just move to "in process" from "applications received" not sure how long for decision made.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
After a month or two of not checking ECAS, i noticed bullet three (3) was added which never reflected the last time i checked in September/October (i think).

The time difference between bullets 2 & 3 took nearly a year to be updated in ECAS.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on December 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 28, 2019.
  3. We sent you a letter on March 22, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Reactions: Roxy0

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
I expect the same for me. They maybe calling me for dna soon. Weird coz i submitted all required docs even the medical certificate from the hospital to which i was born with my name and my dad's. Yet there are still doubts. The embassy knows that docs i have submitted were all from the govt and faking them is impossible. I requested gcms notes and the embassy proposed dna. Im guessing ircc called philippine consulate to vouch for me. But they didnt. Dna costs around cad600-cad700.

Chutneyforall

May 31, 2019
Hello!

Countless cups of tea later, I received an email as I was lowering my head upon plumped pillows to snooze last night. Excitedly I opened it...there was an attachment..!

Through tired eyes I opened the document and waited for the local pigeon to get off the phone line to permit sufficient internet for the missive to load. I gasped in anticipation, my mind racing with what the words might mean for me in just a few seconds time.

I needn't have bothered. Simply said preliminary checks had been completed and it was being referred to the PSU. Quick timeline check, I submitted application in July 2018 and was told a few months later it had been sent to PSU. Latest document was dated 16th December 2019. So, do I need to reset my 24 month clock (which is like really, really boring to watch by the way) or dare my nymph like mind spring into rapturous wonder at possible progress once more?

Thanks for help!

Chutney