+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship – Program Support Unit

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Mine had something like this in the notes.

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2019/03/22
Created By: C7928
Updated Date: 2019/03/22
Updated By: C7928
Restricted: No
Label: General Office: CPC Sydney Text:
PS-DNA 1 Referred by T4-LW on 2019/03/22 *** Program Support Referral Required - I-JCI 1118706940 *** EMBASSY - Born BEFORE April 17, 2009 - First Time ; Non-Mennonite Applicant • DNA testing has been suggested by the Embassy. • Micro Prints are not applicable.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Because historically, it took 24 months before program support touched applications forwarded to them.

Last edited:

Roxy0

Feb 23, 2019
Just got an email from ircc saying my application went to program support unit.

This file has been forwarded to Program Support for review by an officer. CPC-Sydney does not provide processing times or details of the case to a mission nor applicants regarding cases referred to Program Support Unit as they vary on a case-by-case basis. However, the applicant can be advised that their application has been placed in queue for assessment by a senior officer because of a policy or legislative issue pertaining to the case. The applicant can be reminded that IRCC has a policy for urgent cases.

Please let us know if this file becomes urgent. Please be advised that requests for urgent processing must include a valid reason for the urgency that meets our urgent criteria. Supporting documentation is required.

Roxy0

Feb 23, 2019
Please share ur timeline.
  • We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on May 24, 2018.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 6, 2018.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
  • We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on May 24, 2018.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 6, 2018.
When is the email dated?

And u said u just received an email? Did u follow them up via the webform? Co-incidence?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
If u want to know further about ur application, i suggest u request gcms notes. Thats how i knew that my application was sent to program support. In the notes section, they usually indicate the big question WHY it was sent to PSU.

Roxy0

Feb 23, 2019
I knew my application would be sent to program support unit because my dad's name wasn't on my birth certificate and it was resently added
If u want to know further about ur application, i suggest u request gcms notes. Thats how i knew that my application was sent to program support. In the notes section, they usually indicate the big question WHY it was sent to PSU.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Considering ur timeline, u maybe contacted no later than july 2020.

Goodluck. They may or may not require dna testing.

am04

Sep 26, 2017
United States
@Here I have an update, the status has changed to Decision Made, however, underlying status still shows bullet points 1-3 as I posted earlier. I am excited and at the same time little nervous!
Let's see.. fingers crossed!
Ecas status updated to Complete.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on September 29, 2017.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 26, 2017.

3. We sent you a letter on November 26, 2017. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4. We sent your citizenship certificate on August 1, 2019 to: xxx, United States of America, If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.

Last edited: