+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship – Program Support Unit

Nawal123

Jan 2, 2019
Has anyone been processed by the Program Support Unit? I sent my application mid October 2017 which went into processing in November and no news from then.

My case is not even complex. Simple name split - but since there is no option to enter that I had to do a name change. Worst mistake.
Hi any update in your case?

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hi frnds ! My father received the DNA Report on 20 Feb in canada. Result is "Practically proven to be the biological father" and the percentage is 99.99996%. Hope it was reached to CPC Sydney. So, waiting for the update...

Reactions: am04

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hi frnds !! MP called my dad and told him that "citizenship Certificate is issued and out to delivery by courier" on 15 hours ago. But, after when i checked the status. Still it shows "APPLICATION SUBMITTED" ( No update).

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hi suhail. So happy for you. Congrats! I understand u were requested for a dna testing. In one of your posts u said that your father's name is different in your birth medical records versus his canadian citizenship certificate u attached in your application (please correct me if my understanding wrong).

1. What sort of medical records did you submit? Was it just your entire pre-natal to natal records?

2. May i ask how different is your father's name between your medical records versus your dad's canadian citizenship certificate? Is it an entirely different first name? Just one letter missing?

3. Is your father's name in your birth certificate the same on his canadian citizenship certificate?

Appreciate your response as i am analyzing CIC's behavior in processing applications for Canadian by Descent. Thanks!

Reactions: Suhails660

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hi suhail. So happy for you. Congrats! I understand u were requested for a dna testing. In one of your posts u said that your father's name is different in your birth medical records versus his canadian citizenship certificate u attached in your application (please correct me if my understanding wrong).

1. What sort of medical records did you submit? Was it just your entire pre-natal to natal records?
I submitted birth certificate, pre-natal & post-natal records, hospital certificate with all the information of child with foot print which was given by hospital.
2. May i ask how different is your father's name between your medical records versus your dad's canadian citizenship certificate? Is it an entirely different first name? Just one letter missing?
Actulally my father name is "Alaudeen shaik"
But in my hospital certificate is "Haja Alaudeen". So, this fu****g certificate ruined my time. So, thats why cic asked DNA test.
3. Is your father's name in your birth certificate the same on his canadian citizenship certificate?
Yes,

Appreciate your response as i am analyzing CIC's behavior in processing applications for Canadian by Descent. Thanks!

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
That's glad to read that your parents were able to save copies of your natal records. In the hospital to which i was born, retention of medical records is only 5 years. Im now 30 years old. The hospital only provided medical certificate about my mom giving birth. No pre-natal or post-natal of some sort. I hope the medical certificate is adequate per cic/ircc standards.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
After sending the urgent requesting email and contacted MP. Within few days
1. I got DNA request on 15 Jan. 2. My dad gave DNA Samples in canada on 20 Jan. 3. Me and my Mom gave DNA Samples on 04 Feb. 4. Then All the samples reached at laboratory in canada on 06 Feb. Still we are waiting for result and next update
Hi suhail. Can u please share in detail how dna testing was done? Did cic sent the dna kit to you father in canada and sent yours/mothers to the embassy?