+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship – Program Support Unit

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
After sending the urgent requesting email and contacted MP. Within few days
1. I got DNA request on 15 Jan. 2. My dad gave DNA Samples in canada on 20 Jan. 3. Me and my Mom gave DNA Samples on 04 Feb. 4. Then All the samples reached at laboratory in canada on 06 Feb. Still we are waiting for result and next update
Would you have any idea why your case was considered non-routine and was therefore escalated to Program Support? Is there anything that you think is extraordinary in your application?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
After sending the urgent requesting email and contacted MP. Within few days
1. I got DNA request on 15 Jan. 2. My dad gave DNA Samples in canada on 20 Jan. 3. Me and my Mom gave DNA Samples on 04 Feb. 4. Then All the samples reached at laboratory in canada on 06 Feb. Still we are waiting for result and next update

Would you have any idea why your case was considered non-routine and was therefore escalated to Program Support? Is there anything that you think is extraordinary in your application?

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
My case was never sent to program support. Like most of the people never got PSU email, after webform enquiry only they got PSU email. Still, I never got email. But, I can see that In a DNA request email was signed by "Program support officer", really confusing cant understand them.

Everything is ok. But my father name is incorrect in hospital record.

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
My case was never sent to program support. Like most of the people never got PSU email, after webform enquiry only they got PSU email. Still, I never got email. But, I can see that In a DNA request email was signed by "Program support officer", really confusing cant understand them.

Dear Sir, i am wondering why they are asking for DNA from some people and not from others

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018

How severely different is your father's name in your hospital record from his proof of canadian citizenship that you submitted in your application?

Like entirely different first name? Space? One letter missing?

Is your father's name in your birth certificate the same with his citizenship certificate?

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Dear Sir, i am wondering why they are asking for DNA from some people and not from others
This is what i got by email from them

We carefully reviewed the application and documentation submitted. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept the documentary evidence you provided to establish parentage between you and your Son.

In lieu of documentary evidence, we will accept the results of a DNA analysis carried out by a laboratory accredited by the Standards Council of Canada for DNA testing. A list of these private laboratories is attached. You are responsible for covering the costs related to the administration of this test. The Government of Canada assumes no responsibility with regard to the results of these analyses.

These laboratories are not required to be physically present in Canada to be accredited by the SCC, and some laboratories may carry out DNA analysis and retain personal information outside of Canada. Should you elect to undergo DNA testing, you may want to inquire with the accredited laboratory of your choice as to whether laws outside of Canada will apply to your personal information, and what measures they have put into place to protect your information.

If you choose to proceed with DNA testing, we will continue processing the application when we receive the test results. We require an update within 60 days from the date of this letter.

Sincerely,
Program Support Officer

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
This is what i got by email from them

We carefully reviewed the application and documentation submitted. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept the documentary evidence you provided to establish parentage between you and your Son.

In lieu of documentary evidence, we will accept the results of a DNA analysis carried out by a laboratory accredited by the Standards Council of Canada for DNA testing. A list of these private laboratories is attached. You are responsible for covering the costs related to the administration of this test. The Government of Canada assumes no responsibility with regard to the results of these analyses.

These laboratories are not required to be physically present in Canada to be accredited by the SCC, and some laboratories may carry out DNA analysis and retain personal information outside of Canada. Should you elect to undergo DNA testing, you may want to inquire with the accredited laboratory of your choice as to whether laws outside of Canada will apply to your personal information, and what measures they have put into place to protect your information.

If you choose to proceed with DNA testing, we will continue processing the application when we receive the test results. We require an update within 60 days from the date of this letter.

Sincerely,
Program Support Officer
I was wondering why they requested in your case.

Thanks for the response and wish you good luck.

Regards

Boxinthesky

Feb 12, 2019
I like to understand this further. Was your name something like "Michelangelo" then u had a name change to "Michel Angelo"?
I was born georgetta but my adoptive family changed my first name to Valerie once in Canada. However they didn’t legally change my name I think they just filled out the forms with my new name and therefor on my citizenship it says georgetta and on all of my other ID’s and everything else in my life it says Valerie. Even my social insurance and health card etc

abdul538

Mar 26, 2015
I was born georgetta but my adoptive family changed my first name to Valerie once in Canada. However they didn’t legally change my name I think they just filled out the forms with my new name and therefor on my citizenship it says georgetta and on all of my other ID’s and everything else in my life it says Valerie. Even my social insurance and health card etc
what's ur time line if i may ask?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018

I see. I hope thry hasten the review of your application and issue the citizenship certificate soon. All the best

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Whats the probability that IRCC requests for DNA testing in a citizenship cert application(canadian by descent)?

Last edited:

Nawal123

Jan 2, 2019
Hi I’m a January 2018 applicant, in process since March ,because of a name change my application get to PSU ,I’m wondering if someone knows what is the longest delay should I expect,I’m a single applicant and my application is straight forward , five years in Canada , no travels

abdul538

Mar 26, 2015
Hi I’m a January 2018 applicant, in process since March ,because of a name change my application get to PSU ,I’m wondering if someone knows what is the longest delay should I expect,I’m a single applicant and my application is straight forward , five years in Canada , no travels
so no update since January 2018 for you? where are u located?