+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship – Program Support Unit

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
No need to ask stupid questions. Does he want to know how may tattoos are in my ass too? What does that have to do with the price of coffee in Brazil?

My nationality (by which I assume he means the nationality I had before getting naturalized as a Canadian) is nobody's business.

Problem with posters like Suhail660 is that they're so self-centered it just pisses me off. He's had to wait just five short months and now he's running around in a panic fit because he takes the 5-month official processing time as carved in stone, something a 5-year old wouldn't fall for. The result: he comes in here and turns this thread into something it wasn't meant to be. Try THAT for rude!
Dude you need to chill.

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hi Congrats...

I have applied for citizenship certificate from India. This is my timeline
1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 11, 2018.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 22, 2018.

Almost 10 months over. Even, They did not begin processing it and I Never got any Email for (PSU). Now, I decided to send urgent processing.

My questions are :

1. Can you tell me, How did u send urgent processing letter by Email or letter. And where did u send that ?
2. What did u get on Sept 20, 2018. I cannot understand, please explain this. ?
3. After Sending urgent processing, Did u get any Email and Like a Interview Call ?

Thank You So Much for Advance Reply..
Hi, for answers:
1. Can you tell me, How did u send urgent processing letter by Email or letter. And where did u send that ?
I made a doc word file and attach in urgent processing.
The link is here --> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/apply/urgently.html
I copied also:
If you already sent us your application and now need urgent processing:
If you sent your application to CPC-Sydney from Canada or the United States, fill out the Web form explaining why you need urgent processing and include:

• your full name, date of birth, email address and telephone numbers
  • your UCI or application number
  • any documents that will support your explanation
    • files must in PDF, JPEG, TIFF, DOC, or DOCX format
    • files must be 2 MB or smaller
    • if you include multiple files, the total size must be 3.5 MB or smaller
    • help for how to reduce file size
If you submitted your application to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, contact that office to ask for urgent processing.

So I guess you should contact the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate because you applied in India
I used the web form because I sent the application inside Canada

It means the file was taken out from Program Support Unit to normal division and the file was labelled as urgent processing.

3. After Sending urgent processing, Did u get any Email and Like a Interview Call ?
I got email informing the step when my file was taken out from Program Support Unit
After that they didn't send me any email so I initiatively checked the status of my application on cic web, and it's stated that the decision was made and they sent the proof of citizenship to my husband's address in Canada

Hope this helps! Wish you the best

Reactions: Suhails660

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hi, for answers:
I made a doc word file and attach in urgent processing.
The link is here --> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/apply/urgently.html
I copied also:
If you already sent us your application and now need urgent processing:
If you sent your application to CPC-Sydney from Canada or the United States, fill out the Web form explaining why you need urgent processing and include:

• your full name, date of birth, email address and telephone numbers
  • your UCI or application number
  • any documents that will support your explanation
    • files must in PDF, JPEG, TIFF, DOC, or DOCX format
    • files must be 2 MB or smaller
    • if you include multiple files, the total size must be 3.5 MB or smaller
    • help for how to reduce file size
If you submitted your application to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, contact that office to ask for urgent processing.

So I guess you should contact the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate because you applied in India
I used the web form because I sent the application inside Canada

It means the file was taken out from Program Support Unit to normal division and the file was labelled as urgent processing.

I got email informing the step when my file was taken out from Program Support Unit
After that they didn't send me any email so I initiatively checked the status of my application on cic web, and it's stated that the decision was made and they sent the proof of citizenship to my husband's address in Canada

Hope this helps! Wish you the best
Thank you so much for the information and quick reply..
1. So, You made a doc file, attached and send by webform. Ok. I Understand. What did u write in Enquiry paragraph field ?? On web form
2. Your child was born outside of canada. Did u bring ur child in TRV then u applied for certificate within canada ?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
I also applied for proof of citizenship through the Canadian Embassy in Manila on November 28, 2018. Im now 32 yo. Its just in November that i knew that i am Canadian by descent.

No status yet but i am patiently waiting.

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Thank you so much for the information and quick reply..
1. So, You made a doc file, attached and send by webform. Ok. I Understand. What did u write in Enquiry paragraph field ?? On web form
2. Your child was born outside of canada. Did u bring ur child in TRV then u applied for certificate within canada ?
Welcome, so many people helped me by sharing information in this website so I'm glad to help too
1. In the paragraph field, I explained our situation, like what happened, how long our file had been in process.
Then I said the reason why I need this to be urgent -- to enroll her in school in Canada.
I put the same thing in web form space and doc attachment for the paragraph, but I added some pictures about me, my husband and my child too in 2nd page.

2. Yes, she was born outside Canada. Her father is a citizen, he was in Canada during the process.
Her father is the one who applied from inside Canada, this is allowed though the children is outside Canada
Actually I applied for TRV for me and her, I got approved, but hers got canceled (not rejected) by embassy in my country
The reason is because citizen of Canada can not have TRV to get inside Canada, passport only
So our only way to get to Canada is to wait for her proof of citizenship, and thank God our urgent processing was approved, and we got her certificate sent to my husband's address in Canada, and my husband sent it to my country of origin
From that we applied for my daughter's passport in my country of origin and got it.

So in summary, to get inside Canada:
I have TRV --> then now change my status by applying OWP and PR
My daughter has passport

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Suhails660

Mugaborukaka

Jan 13, 2019
There is no established timeline when your application is sent to Program Support; you just have to wait for them to finish at their own pace unless you apply for urgent processing. Did you get a Notice of Delay sent to you? Here is what they sent to me:

"NOTICE OF DELAY: APPLICATION FOR PROOF OF CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP

The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application(s) for a citizenship certificate that you submitted to this office is now complete. However, your file has been referred to the Program Support Unit for a final review and decision. While every effort will be made to finalize your application as soon as possible, this means that it will not be processed within the current application processing times posted on
www.canada.ca/citizenship-help

You will be informed of the final decision or will be contacted if additional information or documentation is required to finalize your application.

If you require urgent processing, please refer to our website at to find out if you meet the conditions for urgent processing and how to inform us.

Thank you for your patience."
Hello
There is no established timeline when your application is sent to Program Support; you just have to wait for them to finish at their own pace unless you apply for urgent processing. Did you get a Notice of Delay sent to you? Here is what they sent to me:

"NOTICE OF DELAY: APPLICATION FOR PROOF OF CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP

The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application(s) for a citizenship certificate that you submitted to this office is now complete. However, your file has been referred to the Program Support Unit for a final review and decision. While every effort will be made to finalize your application as soon as possible, this means that it will not be processed within the current application processing times posted on
www.canada.ca/citizenship-help

You will be informed of the final decision or will be contacted if additional information or documentation is required to finalize your application.

If you require urgent processing, please refer to our website at to find out if you meet the conditions for urgent processing and how to inform us.

Thank you for your patience."
Hello my proof of citizenship status states
We received your application 9 August 2017
We sent you à correspondance letter on
August 17 2017
We started processing your application
Septembre 12 2017
We sent you a letter on october 3 2017 please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I haven't received any letter until now but the last update was postes recently this January 2019
Any information Can really be of help.
Thanks

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hello

Hello my proof of citizenship status states
We received your application 9 August 2017
We sent you à correspondance letter on
August 17 2017
We started processing your application
Septembre 12 2017
We sent you a letter on october 3 2017 please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I haven't received any letter until now but the last update was postes recently this January 2019
Any information Can really be of help.
Thanks
You need to contact call centre on this as that is the only way to be sure what communication it would be. Most probably it might be to inform u abt delays in ur app as this is transferred to program support unit

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Thats wayy long. Care to share your status? Like Are u a 1st gen born outside canada? 2nd gen born? Also how did u send your application? Was it through the embassy or did u mail it directly?

Mugaborukaka

Jan 13, 2019
Thats wayy long. Care to share your status? Like Are u a 1st gen born outside canada? 2nd gen born? Also how did u send your application? Was it through the embassy or did u mail it directly?
I am 1st gen born outside Canada and sent my application through Embassy. Thanks

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
We have the same case. I submitted the application through the Philippine embassy on Nov 28. 2018. No feedback yet.

It says on the CIC website that if the processing is more than 9 mos. We need to follow-up through the embassy.

I wonder what's the problem.

King Of the RIng

Dec 18, 2018
Proof Of Citizenship: Applied in Canada. Kid is not in Canada.
Application Received: Sep 25, 2017
AOR: Oct 24, 2017
Started Processing Application: Nov 03, 2017
Sent you a letter: Nov 26, 2017
Current Status: " In Process"
Any Ideas?

King Of the RIng

Dec 18, 2018
Contacted them atleast ten times through web form.
Always the generic reply...
While we know it is frustrating blah blah we will make every effort to complete it as soon as possible.

Reactions: Boxinthesky