+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship – Program Support Unit

am04

Sep 26, 2017
United States
Hey mahedemi, Have you received any correspondence yet?

Hello,

I have an update on my earlier posting. My Client Application Status is still "Application Received", however the CIC summary of my status now states "A decision has been taken on your application. You should receive correspondence within the next three months." I saw the update on February 1, 2019, but there was no date listed for when CIC made a decision.

I will update once I have received the CIC correspondence with the decision.

am04

Sep 26, 2017
United States
Hi Everyone,
I had requested GCMS notes on Feb 2nd and I received a 13 pages doc yesterday. The notes contains mostly information about the applicant, payment details and correspondence from and to CPC. I could not make anything out of it, I guess my only option is to wait :(

Here is summary:

ASSESSMENT: Referred to Program Support
PARTY DETAILS : 0

ELIGIBILITY
  • ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT:0
  • GRAND PARENT DETAILS:0
  • ELIGIBILITY ABSENSE:0
  • ELIGIBILITY PREVIOUS CERTIFICATE:0
  • HISTORICAL RECORDS:0

FINALIZE APPLICATION
DOCUMENT ISSUANCE:0
REFUSAL GROUND:0

CORRESPONDENSE:

Hi Everyone, I have obtained Canadian citizen by Naturalization in the year 2008. I am working in the US since 2013, and I have applied for proof of Canadian for my daughters, 4 and 7 years old in the year 2017, see my timeline below.

I recently saw an update to my ecase status (#3) which states they sent a letter in Nov 2017, which I never received. I followed with them via IRCC web form and got an email response below from them with a letter attached "Notice of delay".

"This email is a reference to your inquiry received at the Client Support Centre. Attached to this email is a copy of your Notice of Delay letters as requested. If you have additional questions, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca."

I've have requested CAIPS notes so I can determine why our application was referred to the Program Support.

Timeline:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on September 29, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 26, 2017.
  3. We sent you a letter on November 26, 2017. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (I never received)
-AG

abdul538

Mar 26, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I had requested GCMS notes on Feb 2nd and I received a 13 pages doc yesterday. The notes contains mostly information about the applicant, payment details and correspondence from and to CPC. I could not make anything out of it, I guess my only option is to wait :(

Here is summary:

ASSESSMENT: Referred to Program Support
PARTY DETAILS : 0

ELIGIBILITY
  • ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT:0
  • GRAND PARENT DETAILS:0
  • ELIGIBILITY ABSENSE:0
  • ELIGIBILITY PREVIOUS CERTIFICATE:0
  • HISTORICAL RECORDS:0

FINALIZE APPLICATION
DOCUMENT ISSUANCE:0
REFUSAL GROUND:0

CORRESPONDENSE:
why your application was referred to Program Support Unit?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Just a question, does sydney office send the canadian citizenship certificate application to the local office to which the canadian parent is located/registered in canada?

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Just a question, does sydney office send the canadian citizenship certificate application to the local office to which the canadian parent is located/registered in canada?
My daughter’s application was sent by my husband from inside Canada and yes CIC send the certificate to my husband’s address directly.
However, it depends, if you apply from outside Canada, they will send to the consulate and you can pick the certificate there.

Feb 27, 2019
Sorry im replying a bit late. So this is what happened with me jan 18 i got a letter tht my infant daughters application is delayed and sent to a special unit. They send you this letter in aprox 6 months time. Thts how much time normally a proof of citizenship takes. I got my infants application decides on june 19th 2018 stating that the citizenship certificate has been dispatched. Meanwhile my wife was due to land as p.r on july 27th. I had been waiting ,contacting m.ps,minister of immigration etc got the same.reply tht the certificate has been dispatched. Meanwhile i applied for a facilitation visa as i was empty handed and didnt know wht to do as the time is running by. 2 weeks back i decided to go to local canadian embassy and told them my situation. They clearly said i should have contactes them b3cause they can issue a temporary canadian passport regardless of the certificate. I recieved the certificate today from nova scotia stamped 18th july postal and also recieved the temporary passport today frm local canadian embassy. Trust me when they say they have dispatched a documents its way after there message. So you can apply.for a temp canadian passport right away without delay. I got everything done today and leaving tomorrow morning for canada with my p.r wife and infant child. Its almost last min. Dont wait. Such things are not.written on cic website.
I have a similar situation with my son who is 6 month old. My husband applied in Nov 13, application receipt in Nov 23, in Jan 19 we received the info that my sons dox are at PSU. My PR visa is going to expire in May 24 still no update yet. My question is how did you apply for limited validity passport? My husband is in Canada but they are looking for a professional guarantor. I am quite frustrated.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
PSU overkill in the recent past for canadians by descent.

Why were your applications sent to them? Did they tell you the reason?

I think this PSU thingy seems to be common for infant applicants. Coz once they get approved, theyre automatically eligible to have an allowance from the canadian govt until theyre 18. Canadian govt makes extra efforts and prolong application approvals.

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
Sent a mail and just got updated that my application was sent to psu since September, but i didnt get a notification on this.

It means i have to wait on the long que at the psu. ☹☹

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Didnt u send the query like few months back and been advised that it is still under "processing" status? So when they reverted to your mail, why would they re-state that its in psu since september. Very kinda disappointing. You coursed your application to a friend in Canada, right? Coz the embassy to which u are located, didnt want to accept it?

Honestly, i, too, am preparing myself with thing psu disaster. My status hasnt changed since january 28 2019. And my timelime is that if it hasnt changed until end of April, they maybe something wrong is going on.

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
An Uncle of my sent the application from Canada since my country's Embassy won't accept the application.

I sent the query 27th March.

I dont know how long i would need to wait now.

But i dont have any other option. I was hopi g I would see my siblings this year in Canada, but not sure anymore.

Good luck to all of us be it psu or straight without query.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Honestly, i, too, am preparing myself with thing psu disaster. My status hasnt changed since january 28 2019. And my timelime is that if it hasnt changed until end of April, they maybe something wrong is going on.
Really??

You're throwing a fit because your status hasn't changed since January 28, 2019. My application was received by them on October 2, 2017 and forwarded to PSU in November 2017; that's right 2017, and there's been no change in my status since then. Online E-CAS still says "Application Received", with November 26 2017 as the date of last activity in the details link. They haven't contacted me to ask for anything else since then.

I sent Case Status Inquiries online twice and I just got the same generic reply: that they can confirm my application is in process and that they'll make every effort to finalize it as quickly as possible, but they can provide no timeline for it ... blah blah blah .... same as the letter that said it's been forwarded to PSU. I also called their call centre and the same thing: they said they can't take any action until 24 months have passed but one agent suggested I could write to their office in Sydney by regular mail.

What is pissing me off about this whole thing is that my application is not filed overseas and does not involve anybody from overseas. I am a Canadian citizen by naturalization. I got citizenship in my own right, not by descent or anything else. I live in Canada and I filed my application for a citizenship certificate from within Canada to the Sydney office. It does not make sense that the Government of Canada promises foreign nationals a six month processing time for their immigration applications but provides no time frame for services to its own citizens.

I'm seriously thinking of taking all my documentation on this case and going to my MP's office to see if I can get his staff to get in touch with the Immigration Minister and inquire about this ridiculously long "processing time".