+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

prolonged PR renewal process: help needed

Tony Yang

Sep 27, 2016
My PR renewl application was submitted in June 2015 and received second review notification in Nov. Now almost 1.5 years passed without any progress. Can anyone shed some insights here? Thanks a lot!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Was there anything unusual about your application? Did you apply with sufficient residency days in Canada?

algdantes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Tony Yang said:
I don't think there is any unusual in my application and my staying time is sufficient.
I'm no expert, but I have been reading about PRTDs in this forum a lot. Usually the ones that take a while are either a. Those filing under H&C or b. Those filing from a country that doesn't have its own visa office. For some reason, those filing from the Middle East are taking an unusually long time. I filed in the Philippines, there's a visa office here, I even filed under H&C but it just took a little over two weeks to process. Maybe you can try contacting the visa office you filed it to?

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Tony Yang said:
My PR renewl application was submitted in June 2015 and received second review notification in Nov. Now almost 1.5 years passed without any progress. Can anyone shed some insights here? Thanks a lot!
Tony, u r not the only one, that are several hundreds if not thousands who are having this issue. We are planning a petition to the minister and you can see it here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.150.html

Just send a personal message to AJK and he will include your name in the petition to be sent out.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Tony Yang said:
I sent mine in july, 2015, in sr since december. No response from ircc

mira8098

Aug 7, 2015
Please I would need someone to help to get in contact with someone from immigration I will tell you my story a Few months ago my family pass through a calamity my older brother pass away while he was working it was a hit by a car and that guy left my brother on the floor he had 3 kids one of the oldest was 5 years 3 years and a 3 months old baby she was only 1 month old when he pass away , since that happen I have been feeling depress and I start having some medical issues I have been feeling nausea , vomiting and stomach pain I thought that it would be something related to my stomach so I went to see my family doctor and he ordered an endoscopy and a colonoscopy I had the procedure 2 weeks ago and the doc said that I am fine he is just suggesting that what I had is psychological or a stress related issue that could cause might be related to family situation so my ideas is to get my PR so I can go and see my family and visit my brother at the cemetery I don't have any close relatives here in Canada , a week ago I applied for a USA visa in order to pass through the US and travel back home (South America) they asked me to explain why I want a USA visa and I explained my situation with the documentation and they accepted and give me the visa but sadly I am still waiting for the Canadian immigration.

my time is as follows :

Send application on sept 2

1. received application PR card on September 21, 2015.
2. acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 5, 2016.
3. started processing application on February 5, 2016.
4. went to secondary review on February 10, 2016. They did not ask me for any extra doc.

PS: According to my calculations I have well over 730 days in Canada pass that date with an extra 90 days just in case.

Also when I called they just told me to wait I cant wait any longer I want to have an answer I would like to see my family for xmas and able to go to the cemetery and see my brother.

This is costing me my job and my health...

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Tony Yang said:
deeply sorry for your case, same with me. Let's do something together!
Your fastest option is going to the media. Everything else will be super slow. Just use - http://www.cbc.ca/news/gopublic

You will probably need to give the media your story. The chances of them doing something for your particular case or whoever goes public is extremely high as they hate to be embarrassed. Your other option is litigation. A letter from a lawyer threatening legal action will at least get your case moving but its expensive and they know that though there is no surety of success.

mercer2016

Sep 30, 2016
You can cancel your application and submit an urgent application immediately. Normally, you will get more attention and they will proceed quicker.

sueming

Jul 11, 2016
mailing address change during PR renewal process: help needed

The following is the timeline for my PR renewing status

Permanent Resident Card
We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 18, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 22, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 23, 2016.

I submited my PR Renewal application while I lived in VC. Since then I moved to Toronto and have lived with my son. My concern is that If I change my mailing address from VC to Toronto, would this affect my PR renewing process time and status? Appreciate any suggestion and advice.

Thanks