+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing times for WorkPermit with GSS applied from US ?

whataw

May 1, 2021
Hi - I have applied for a work permit on 12th March 2021 and gave the biometrics on 29th March 2021 ( the earliest available slot ). The lawyer said I do qualify for a 2-week express category under GSS. The application was filed online and I am right now in the US.

when I check the official website to see the processing times.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

it says -
Global Skills Strategy work permit
Last updated: April 27, 2021

We’re still accepting new applications. We’re working at full capacity to process new GSS-eligible work permit applications.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

January 31 and February 6, 2021 ?

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Question - what does this date range mean? is the date range indicative of the application filed date ( in my case 12 March ) or the biometrics date ( 29th march )

the other link which is from this website only - its a calculator here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-processing-times.html#gs.zlf7u0

it says...
Estimated Processing Times:
3 weeks
Last Update: April 20, 2021
You may need to submit your (fingerprints and a facial recognition photo) with your application. This processing time doesn\'t include the time required to give your biometrics.

i am not sure where is it sourcing the information from , but what does 3 weeks mean here ? coz its definitely not 3 weeks.. i am into my 4th week but have not received the passport request to stamp the visa.

does any one have a recent experience on time taken ( factoring covid )

whataw

May 1, 2021
Just wanted to update for others references, I got the passport request on 10th June. So I submitted the application 12 March, Biometrics 29th March, and got the passport request on 10th June.

Reactions: Intrance

Believer16m

Star Member
Sep 22, 2021
Hi

Anybody here whose GTS LMIA is still pending (if filed in August) ? Please mention the reason of it's delay also. Is there something like ESDC is facing technical difficulty in processing GTS LMIA applications ?

blazonware

Aug 28, 2018
Hi

Anybody here whose GTS LMIA is still pending (if filed in August) ? Please mention the reason of it's delay also. Is there something like ESDC is facing technical difficulty in processing GTS LMIA applications ?
August 17th. Still waiting. Yesterday they asked me for biometric saying it is expired, but I have it valid till 2029 so my lawyers have submitted web form saying that this was sent in error and I have valid biometrics.

Believer16m

Star Member
Sep 22, 2021
August 17th. Still waiting. Yesterday they asked me for biometric saying it is expired, but I have it valid till 2029 so my lawyers have submitted web form saying that this was sent in error and I have valid biometrics.
I think you are talking about work permit. My question was related to GTS LMIA but not the work permit. When was your LMIA applied and when was it approved?

zerofull800

Sep 29, 2021
Hi

I'm still pending for approval here's my timeline.
Aug 6th: Submitted application.
Sept 3rd: Send more required documentation.