+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Times and Poor Commnication

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
I applied for PR through the London office in 2007 March. I've been contending with two questions really and I'd like to have anyone's experience on this.
1. The communication channels with the Immigration office dealing with the applications is virtually non existence. I've tried contacting through different means. They are just never responsive.

2. If the Canada actually needs skilled workers as much as we are being made to believe, why does it take so long to process applications. I know they tell us they backlogs, but i think the process is not priority service within the High Commission offices. Either they dont have the workforce to process applications or there really is not urgent need for skilled migrants to come over to Canada.

My application is about 1.5 years and the status online still shows "In Process ". Same status for over a year.

aryabarun

Apr 6, 2008
pingaustin,

Direct communication with the CHC may be difficult. They should at least be responsive to applicant's genuine concerns, but most of our concerns tend to be really ridiculous which the CHC people might just consider not needing any answers at all.

Regarding your another querry, you appear rather naive because despite needing a lot of skilled workers and really inviting some 250,000 of them anually to live in Canada, how can you believe a country taking in all 1 million people in the queue at once ? Can they create inventory and support system for such an influx inside any nation, however rich or efficient they might be !

However, Canada should at least rethink their strategy when they take in some applicants like from Buffalo within a year since applying and let others wait in the doldrums for some 7,8 years. at least this does not appear fair enough for me ! But there are constraints plenty more than they appear .

marbouhi

Aug 30, 2007
hi for all of you
what ever the politic is, they will call you when they need you... so stay in the lane. you can't make any change.......
good luck for all of us.

EdwardW

Jul 2, 2008
Hi,
Application processing time in UK is minimum 31 months.It may vary according to your documents. Some time 42 months.There are 600,000 applicants from all over the world. Every month they take only 10,000 applications only.
Edward

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
Thanks guys, but my point really is why do they keep advertising the immediate need to bring skilled professionals into Canada if it will eventually take 3-4 years of processing times. A headline news in one of the dailies here reported the visit of a Canadian Minister to London and his efforts mainly geared towards encouraging people to come over to Canada as PR. If there truly is a huge gap to fill in Canadian workforce and if it's really urgent, then I'd expect them to do more in fast-tracking the processes; or maybe drop the 'Urgent Need' call.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My employer is hiring skilled workers from overseas and it had started to take them as long as 7-8 months to get the labour market opinion and work permit for each guy but I heard that they made it faster in Alberta to hire skilled workers and now it's supposed to take way less time.

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
Could someone advise me if I can make a parallel application to Alberta? My Federal Skilled application is still in process with the Immigration office in London. I understand from all statistics and individual postings that it probably will take 3-4 years. I'm I then allowed to submit a regional application to Alberta? Please advise.

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
u can apply to alberta if you have a family member sponsoring you, someone who is blood related i think.
also, if you want to apply through alberta other than sponsor by family, u can do so but u must be in possession in a job offer from an employer in that province and which has been approved by hrdc canada.
then once ur accepted, you can letter of acceptance to CHC london and this will speed up matter for you.
wish you all the best.