+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
can you inform your reason of prtd
I am inland applicant and got my copr on 16th march, my pr card is in progress. I had to travel to india for family emergency. Now, i need to return to canada to join my office back. I have submit all the docs for prtd and got the passport submission request. But, i did not get any response from vac india for courier for submitting the passport. I need prtd to travel to canada as i still did not get my pr card.

newbie_canada2

May 23, 2019
I am inland applicant and got my copr on 16th march, my pr card is in progress. I had to travel to india for family emergency. Now, i need to return to canada to join my office back. I have submit all the docs for prtd and got the passport submission request. But, i did not get any response from vac india for courier for submitting the passport. I need prtd to travel to canada as i still did not get my pr card.
I am in the same spot as you, came back to India - got passport request and then nothing after that for courier info.

saumya2712

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Same
i am in the same situation. No idea when will they resume 2 way courier.

newbie_canada2

May 23, 2019
I came to India in Apr. Yes applied for PR card back in Feb. No updates yet.
Whats the exact date for PR card? I heard some of them who got their photos on 8th 9th delivered are now getting updates. So if its somewhere near to that your best option would be travelling back on PR card instead of PRTD.
Thats probably the same for me as well.

Deepus333

Jan 22, 2020
Whats the exact date for PR card? I heard some of them who got their photos on 8th 9th delivered are now getting updates. So if its somewhere near to that your best option would be travelling back on PR card instead of PRTD.
Thats probably the same for me as well.
As per IRCC, PR card cannot be moved out of Canada without its owner. So only option available is PRTD document.

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I am in the same spot as you, came back to India - got passport request and then nothing after that for courier info.
Lets share the information whenever we get. It is unfortunate that we all are having pr approved and still stuck here. Ircc should find a way, alteast they should issue prtd for travel.

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi All, i know everyone is waiting for prtd. But, if we get the prtd and there are still no direct flight from india to canada. Can we travel through mexico or other route based on prtd and indian passport? (I dont have any other country visa)