+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

Nov 28, 2020
Hello guys,
I have applied for PRTD via email, on March 31, 2021. But still I did not receive any email back from them. I am still waiting for passport request. Can anyone please let me know if you applied around that time and if you already received any email or not yet.
Thank you :)
Even myself and my husband have applied on the same day mar 31,still waiting for passport request..let me know if you receive any update on your profile

Reactions: Navi_Deep_Jot

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hi everybody. I need some help regarding PRTD
I am CEC applicant and my wife, who is in India, is secondary applicant and never been to Canada.
If I come to India and COPR is issued. I understand I will have to go through PRTD process. What process will be for her. Please shed some light if someone have some insight.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi everybody. I need some help regarding PRTD
I am CEC applicant and my wife, who is in India, is secondary applicant and never been to Canada.
If I come to India and COPR is issued. I understand I will have to go through PRTD process. What process will be for her. Please shed some light if someone have some insight.
@tajindertj

I will try to answer based on my observations from the threads on this forum :

1. If you travel outside Canada and a CoPR is issued then any other immigration status you have i.e. Work-permit/Study-permit+TRV will get invalidated because PR status triumphs over other status. If this happens you will have to write back to IRCC to allow you to travel back to Canada on your current status and eventually they will cancel your CoPR and activate your TRV again. After coming back to Canada you could request them to issue an inland COPR again.

Based on IRCC call center or webforms. What is current status of your application?

2. In case of your spouse as she has never been to Canada, so it mean that she is an outland applicant. Therefore, she will receive PPR request whenever they will start processing outland PR application approval.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi guys,
I applied for PRTD on 13th April
Sent a follow up on 19th, got a response today
Good day,
Please note that due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), processing times may be longer than published.
We thank you for your patience.

My flight is booked on 12th May, I'm so worried. Looking at the situation, I really hope canada doesn't ban Indians

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
@tajindertj

I will try to answer based on my observations from the threads on this forum :

1. If you travel outside Canada and a CoPR is issued then any other immigration status you have i.e. Work-permit/Study-permit+TRV will get invalidated because PR status triumphs over other status. If this happens you will have to write back to IRCC to allow you to travel back to Canada on your current status and eventually they will cancel your CoPR and activate your TRV again. After coming back to Canada you could request them to issue an inland COPR again.

Based on IRCC call center or webforms. What is current status of your application?

2. In case of your spouse as she has never been to Canada, so it mean that she is an outland applicant. Therefore, she will receive PPR request whenever they will start processing outland PR application approval.
My current status of application is in process from ages. Check my signature. Our file is stuck due to travel restrictions. Refused Visitor Visa to my wife.
Also, Why would I request to cancel my COPR if I can go for PRTD ? Do we have a choice?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
My current status of application is in process from ages. Check my signature. Our file is stuck due to travel restrictions. Refused Visitor Visa to my wife.
Also, Why would I request to cancel my COPR if I can go for PRTD ? Do we have a choice?
Are you planning to travel outside Canada before receiving your COPR?