+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

Sharma15

Aug 7, 2019
Hi all,
Is there anyone who applied for PRTD from Mar h 2nd week from India and still waiting for approval.

I applied on March 17th and still no response.

Thanks.
Its taking them longer than usual, I guess. I applied on March 10th and got the approval in 14 days. But I’ve heard, due to reduced staff its taking them longer to process applications.

akhilpoothampara

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Its taking them longer than usual, I guess. I applied on March 10th and got the approval in 14 days. But I’ve heard, due to reduced staff its taking them longer to process applications.
Can you please give more details,, what you mean by approval? How you got it by email? Because I sent PRTD Application by email. Did you send your passport?

Sharma15

Aug 7, 2019
Can you please give more details,, what you mean by approval? How you got it by email? Because I sent PRTD Application by email. Did you send your passport?
Yes, I applied via email and got the passport submission request. You will have to fill out the passport submission web form and then VFS will send you a payment link and AWB number.

akhilpoothampara

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Yes, I applied via email and got the passport submission request. You will have to fill out the passport submission web form and then VFS will send you a payment link and AWB number.
I already paid In ircc website and send receipt!
How they inform about passport submission? By email? I applied for PRTD by email and now waiting for any reply.

saumya2712

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi @ritvick @shashi_b ,@mac315 @Guri21 I have a few questions on the PRTD application-

1. Do we need to pay fees twice? Once as mentioned here #4 (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada) - and another when we receive the Passport request?
2. I have been a PR (first time) for less than 2 months. What documents would be required from the checklist to meet the RO (in future)?
3. The checklist mentions "Original and Valid Passport". Do I need to include scanned copy of my passport in my email to IRCC?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: hvm

Guri21

Mar 31, 2017
Hi @ritvick @shashi_b ,@mac315 @Guri21 I have a few questions on the PRTD application-

1. Do we need to pay fees twice? Once as mentioned here #4 (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada) - and another when we receive the Passport request?
2. I have been a PR (first time) for less than 2 months. What documents would be required from the checklist to meet the RO (in future)?
3. The checklist mentions "Original and Valid Passport". Do I need to include scanned copy of my passport in my email to IRCC?

Thanks in advance
1. One is the fees for PRTD application (which is 50$) and then there's fees that VFS takes for transmitting your passport to IRCC and back to you ( somewhere around 1400 INR per passport, not so sure about the exact amount)
2. Anything that proves your residency in Canada e.g. pay stubs, or T4s, I think IRCC has a list of docs they accept, try looking at the PRTD instructions package for details
3. Yeah you just need a scanned copy of the passport (include all pages that have any visas or stamps)

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
1. One is the fees for PRTD application (which is 50$) and then there's fees that VFS takes for transmitting your passport to IRCC and back to you ( somewhere around 1400 INR per passport, not so sure about the exact amount)
2. Anything that proves your residency in Canada e.g. pay stubs, or T4s, I think IRCC has a list of docs they accept, try looking at the PRTD instructions package for details
3. Yeah you just need a scanned copy of the passport (include all pages that have any visas or stamps)
For RO requirement, the applicant must provide at least 2 documents from the below list :
  1. Employment records or pay stubs
  2. Bank statements
  3. CRA notice of assessment(s)
  4. Rental agreements
  5. Any letter or evidence to show that your received benefits from Canadian Government programs, such Child care benefit or GST Credit etc.
  6. Club membership(s)

Reactions: Sharma15 and Guri21

Sharma15

Aug 7, 2019
Just sharing my experience, so people who are planning to apply for a PRTD know what to expect and can plan their travel accordingly. I submitted my PRTD application via email on 10th March and got a passport submission request on the 24th (took them 14 days). I filled out the webform on the same date and got the payment link within 3 days. My passport was collected by the blue dart officer on April 1st and is still under process with IRCC. As per the recent timelines, its taking them longer than usual to return the passport with the stamp.

Reactions: shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Just sharing my experience, so people who are planning to apply for a PRTD know what to expect and can plan their travel accordingly. I submitted my PRTD application via email on 10th March and got a passport submission request on the 24th (took them 14 days). I filled out the webform on the same date and got the payment link within 3 days. My passport was collected by the blue dart officer on April 1st and is still under process with IRCC. As per the recent timelines, its taking them longer than usual to return the passport with the stamp.
Thanks @Sharma15

so, approximately it is 5-6 weeks now?

Anand99

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Hi All just to update I got Passport request on 6th April , it was sitting in my promotions folder in Gmail so please be careful and check not just Spam and Primary but also check in Promotions, Social folders as well if you have given your Gmail

Anand99

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
I already paid In ircc website and send receipt!
How they inform about passport submission? By email? I applied for PRTD by email and now waiting for any reply.
yes you will get passport request email from IRCC with subject as " ACTION REQUIRED (IRCC) – Passport Request / your name/ reference number
Once you get this email , need to fill VAC webform and pay the fee for 2 way courier service

Anand99

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
For everyone's interest below are my time lines

Applied for PRTD via email on 25th March and got the Passport request on 6th April ( Took 8 Business days for approval)
Applied for the VFS web form today ( April 10th ) ( I missed 4 days as the email from IRCC was sitting in my promotions folder and luckly I checked all folders today ) .