+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

Sowmyakrishna

Mar 27, 2021
Hello Quick question.
Applied for PRTD and submitted my return ticket and got passport request. But now I changed my return date.
Do I need to apply again with new return date ticket or just send passport with with attached new ticket?
Or if there is anything I need to do
Please guide
Thanks

I applied for PRTD on March 16th but have not heard from them. Did you attach tickets along with application or did you send your tickets after applying.

fsw2014sv

Sep 27, 2014
Hello, I am applying for PRTD in India via email, can anyone please guide me how to submit the photos? I have to stick them on the application and scan it?

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hey there, I recently received my CoPR and now going to apply for PRTD in next week.
Can anyone please tell me about a couple of things
1. Can i apply via email because vfs is not responding quickly ? (IRCC website says apply online if VFS's are closed) I don't know if it different applying on website or via email.
2. When should i submit my passport?
3. Do i have to make an appointment for biometrics? I already did for PR application in Canada in November 2020
4. How long it is gonna take? (To get my passport back with PRTD)

I'm going to India (Punjab) on April 15 and have return ticket for June 14.
5. Is it enough time to get it done?

Sharma15

Aug 7, 2019
Hey there, I recently received my CoPR and now going to apply for PRTD in next week.
Can anyone please tell me about a couple of things
1. Can i apply via email because vfs is not responding quickly ? (IRCC website says apply online if VFS's are closed) I don't know if it different applying on website or via email.
2. When should i submit my passport?
3. Do i have to make an appointment for biometrics? I already did for PR application in Canada in November 2020
4. How long it is gonna take? (To get my passport back with PRTD)

I'm going to India (Punjab) on April 15 and have return ticket for June 14.
5. Is it enough time to get it done?
Hi Amita, yes you can apply via email. Since VACs in India are not accepting PRTD applications, you can apply via email. After you apply via email, you will receive a passport submission request (in my case I got that in 14 days)
No, biometrics aren’t required. And there is no specific timeline for PRTD applications, it depends case to case. But in most cases it usually takes about a month!

saifahmed

Jan 15, 2021
Does anyone know how fast is Bangalore VFS is in PRTD applications, I am planning for 25 days stay there, I haven't received my first PR card yet.

saifahmed

Jan 15, 2021
Hi everyone,

I got my passport request yesterday.
can anyone tell me what to do next.
When did you apply for it, Can you please mention time line, Is the VAC offices open in India or we should send email and send the passport using the courier service for pick up and drop.

akhilpoothampara

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I received my inland COPR when I am stuck out of Canada because of COVID. I have submitted my PRTD application as instructed in the letter from IRCC. does anybody applied for PRTD by email and received the travel document? just want to know what is the processing time for PRTD application in India.

Thanks in advance !!!
Bro have you got your PRTD??? How long does it take?

Sowmyakrishna

Mar 27, 2021
Hi all,
Is there anyone who applied for PRTD from Mar h 2nd week from India and still waiting for approval.

I applied on March 17th and still no response.

Thanks.

akhilpoothampara

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi all,
Is there anyone who applied for PRTD from Mar h 2nd week from India and still waiting for approval.

I applied on March 17th and still no response.
Pl
Hi everyone,

I got my passport request yesterday.
can anyone tell me what to do next.
Mention your timeline please, I thought prtd will issue by mail, neither of passport request
Thanks.
I applied on March,and still waiting,