+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

AlaAlrashaeideh

Dec 28, 2019
Yes ...now there is no landing process and the day you get COPR you are Permanent resident and apply for PR card .
So you are permanent Resident if you get COPR. Means that you dont need 120 days to receive your card. U can apply and get Job immediately??
Apply for mortgage directly?
Thanks for you answeres in advance

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
So you are permanent Resident if you get COPR. Means that you dont need 120 days to receive your card. U can apply and get Job immediately??
Apply for mortgage directly?
Thanks for you answeres in advance
Yes you are correct..you can use COPR as proof of your PR and avail all the services until you get your PR card...

Reactions: shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Yes you are correct..you can use COPR as proof of your PR and avail all the services until you get your PR card...
I was reading in some other forums that COPR is acceptable in most of the cases, but is not acceptable for few things like applying mortgage, getting BC card(for British Columbia), Quebec health insurance etc. I have read this from this forum, therefore, I don't have first hand experience on any of the aforementioned.

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I was reading in some other forums that COPR is acceptable in most of the cases, but is not acceptable for few things like applying mortgage, getting BC card(for British Columbia), Quebec health insurance etc. I have read this from this forum, therefore, I don't have first hand experience on any of the aforementioned.
No idea on specifics but this is what is written on COPR doc hence I assume we can use COPR until PR card is processed.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation.
Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local
authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent
resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a
travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident
card is required after this one-year period.

Reactions: shashi_b

HBarnes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
No idea on specifics but this is what is written on COPR doc hence I assume we can use COPR until PR card is processed.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation.
Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local
authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent
resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a
travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident
card is required after this one-year period.
What is the expiry date of your COPR document? Is it 1 year?

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
What is the expiry date of your COPR document? Is it 1 year?
Its validity is same as your medical results validity which is 1 yr. For example if you have medical results approved on 10th Jan 2021 and you receive COPR on 1st Feb 2021 then your COPR is valid from 1st Feb 2021 until 10th Jan 2022.

Reactions: HBarnes

Hardeep9403

Nov 16, 2018
Hi,

I recently got my eCoPR via new PR confirmation portal and now waiting for PR card. I am planning to travel to India next month. So my question is in case I don’t get PR card by then

Will I be eligible to apply for PRTD document given that I have never hold PR card before?(as waiting for my 1st PR card).

Thank you in advance!

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi,

I recently got my eCoPR via new PR confirmation portal and now waiting for PR card. I am planning to travel to India next month. So my question is in case I don’t get PR card by then

Will I be eligible to apply for PRTD document given that I have never hold PR card before?(as waiting for my 1st PR card).

Thank you in advance!
You can certainly apply for PRTD once you reach India.

I saw in some other threads that after receiving eCoPR from the portal it takes only 1 week to receive PR card. I think you will get it by then.

Reactions: Hardeep9403

STEELQ

Dec 31, 2020
Hi,

The detailed process is given here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

In summary, the following are the steps :
1. You will have to fill IMM 5424E and send a scanned copy along with all the required documents to following email address : IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

2. IRCC will acknowledge and process the application. Once the application is finalized they will send passport request letter on email.

3. After receiving the passport request letter contact India VAC i.e. VFS on following email address : PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com. You would need to share the details in the email. Proforma is given here : https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/23DrRDr4vm7iIVVB3dbvbA/632bde060a004c84483014a37ecb8055/Proforma-2_Way_Courier.pdf

You can also refer here for more details : https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/ircc-request-update

4. VFS will coordinate with IRCC office for passport receiving, stamping and dispatch. Usually they are using BlueDart courier.

I hope this will be helpful.
I have two clarifications on sending the docs in the email to IRCC,
1. How the attachment should be? One single PDF with all the scanned documents or separate attachments?
2. How to send the photos in the email as mentioned in the document checklist?

@shashi_b, please kindly help in this regard. Also, is the process still applicable in India, or VFS's are open for walk-ins? I m planning to apply in Feb 2021.

@mac315 : Can you please help me with these clarifications? Also please give your take on how to apply for PRTD through email or by courier the docs to VFS? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hi All

There is only question in PRTD application form in section 13 to answer YES or NO .
D. 'how you ever received a Returning resident permit or travel document'

Can anyone advice what is Returning resident permit or travel document' ?? As I was on work permit I have TRV on my passport so is this is Travel document ?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I have two clarifications on sending the docs in the email to IRCC,
1. How the attachment should be? One single PDF with all the scanned documents or separate attachments?
2. How to send the photos in the email as mentioned in the document checklist?

@shashi_b, please kindly help in this regard. Also, is the process still applicable in India, or VFS's are open for walk-ins? I m planning to apply in Feb 2021.
@STEELQ - FYI, I am still collecting the information to apply once I reach there.

A few users in this forum have applied and received it . I would like to request @mac315 to comment here.

Reactions: STEELQ

Aarnish

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hello everyone

Just a quick question. I am planning to go to india and waiting for ecopr through portal can i travel with ecopr and get back to canada with prtd. How much time it takes for prtd and when should i apply?