+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi Guys, I have below queries w.r.t PRTD application:

My situation: I am a CEC inland applicant with AOR-May 14 2020, Medical approved on July 6 Bio given on Oct 22 with VO- Ottawa.waiting for COPR.

My questions:

1)Should I travel to india before or after COPR?
2)If I am travelling after COPR should i apply for PR card and then travel ?
3)I am going to stay in India for more than 3 months so when should I apply for PRTD?

Thanks in advance!
Only go after getting CoPR. Or else you might be in trouble. Check previous post of this thread. You can apply for PRTD only if you are outside of canada.

Dec 15, 2020
Hello All,

I have seen a lot of people post queries regarding PRTD applications VIA Email from India. There are a lot of people who need assistance on how to apply for PRTD. Mainly, what is the processing time currently for a PRTD Application via Email? People who have got their PRTD's and have been through the process - Please kindly spare some time and write some feedback as this would benefit a lot of people who are in the same confusion.

Dec 15, 2020
What is the current processing time for a PRTD application via E-mail from India ? Kindly Assist... Also, has anyone tried to apply PRTD from Bangalore VFS Office? Please help!

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
Hi All, I have applied for a PR card . I am an Inland applicant and need to travel soon. Not sure if I will get PR card before travel,as every time I get same reply from IRCC -covid delays . . I checked VAC is open in India now to apply for PRTD . I want to know what are important documents and PRTD timelines in covid.

PS : Can't wait for PR card and postpone travel :(

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
What is the current processing time for a PRTD application via E-mail from India ? Kindly Assist... Also, has anyone tried to apply PRTD from Bangalore VFS Office? Please help!
I applied by email on Dec 8 for my wife and kid who are in bangalore, will keep you posted

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
I applied for PRTD through email on 14th October and only got an automated response, nothing after. I sm in Delhi rihht noe and had stated that I have plans to travel on Canada by end of November but did not book tickets by then.

I am thinking to book my flight now for first week of January and reapply through email. Not sure if it will help but taking my chances.

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
I applied for PRTD through email on 14th October and only got an automated response, nothing after. I sm in Delhi rihht noe and had stated that I have plans to travel on Canada by end of November but did not book tickets by then.

I am thinking to book my flight now for first week of January and reapply through email. Not sure if it will help but taking my chances.
Did you try calling VFS?

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Not yet. I will do it coming Monday. The Delhi office is showing closed for calls though. The contact nunber is Mumbai based on their site
I called the VAC India number today. Only got through voice service which stated that they are not accepting any PRTD applications and I should visit canads.ca for more informatio .The call got disconnected right after.

I am sort of stuck here cos no response on the application with no contact nunber and VAC being closed.

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
I called the VAC India number today. Only got through voice service which stated that they are not accepting any PRTD applications and I should visit canads.ca for more informatio .The call got disconnected right after.

I am sort of stuck here cos no response on the application with no contact nunber and VAC being closed.
I added you in the thread where some people already received PRTD. Please check