+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
I also applied PRTD through online for my wife, she traveled to India for vocation and she couldn't travel back. Early this month we got our confirmation of PR and I got instruction to apply PRTD after web form submission.

I prepared all documents, scanned, paid fees and send it to covid prtd email.

I applied on June 16, 2020. Please share update if anyone got anything from IRCC.

Reactions: sumitkamboj88

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I also applied PRTD through online for my wife, she traveled to India for vocation and she couldn't travel back. Early this month we got our confirmation of PR and I got instruction to apply PRTD after web form submission.

I prepared all documents, scanned, paid fees and send it to covid prtd email.

I applied on June 16, 2020. Please share update if anyone got anything from IRCC.
What is the covid PRTD email? Never heard of it. PRTD normally should go through India for those in India.

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
My wife's online PRTD application is approved, and asked me to share proof of travel in next 30 days.

I applied through "covid prtd" email address

Reactions: sumitkamboj88

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
My wife's online PRTD application is approved, and asked me to share proof of travel in next 30 days.

I applied through "covid prtd" email address
Thank you for sharing. means a lot during these times. Can you share if they mentioned in their email that they will be sending an online authorization where you don't have to send a passport because the Visa Application Centres are closed?
Can you also share whether you received approval email separately or inside a CIC account after linking application?

Thank you again

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
FYI, GUYS, My PRTD application got approved today. Once VAC is open near to me, IRCC will send the passport request letter to me to submit the passport at VAC to get it stamped.
there is an option to obtain the travel authorization document by email by submitting the flight detail if you need to travel within 30 days but for that, you need to prove why you need to travel urgently.

Reactions: Orlaith

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
FYI, GUYS, My PRTD application got approved today. Once VAC is open near to me, IRCC will send the passport request letter to me to submit the passport at VAC to get it stamped.
there is an option to obtain the travel authorization document by email by submitting the flight detail if you need to travel within 30 days but for that, you need to prove why you need to travel urgently.
Congratulations Sumit!
Can you share the generic content of that email please? Because some people simply submitted flight tickets and got the email Authorization. Wasn't sure if the travel has to be urgent as well.

Man2001

Jul 3, 2019
People appylying for prtd from India through email are getting approvals within a week.Its much faster than earlier when people used to apply by submitting hard copies to VFS.One of my distant relatives got it approved within a week.She applied on H&C grounds(18year old) on 17th june and got it approved on 23rd june.Hope it helps.Amid COVID19 Pandemic, people can apply through email.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

Man2001

Jul 3, 2019
she left canada as a minor with his family and apply for prtd on june 17th 2020
Yes dear ! She left Canada as a minor.She sent the application form alongwith scanned documents and fee receipt through email.passport is not required to be sent. just its scanned copies.They replied within a week that prtd has been approved and if having urgent plans to travel, they may contact them.