+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
No, since the VACs are closed, they have introduced the option of applying for PRTD through email. They approve the prtd through email, but the stamping cannot be issued on the passport due to closure of VACs where we need to submit the passport to get the stamping. Alternatively, after receiving the PRTD approval, you plan to leave to Canada within 30 days, we can submit the itinerary to get a Letter of Authorization which allows you to travel without a counterfoil stamping on your passport. If you are ready to wait until VFS opens, then they will send passport request email after that you can submit the passport to get the stamping done.
Ah!, Okay, understood. Makes sense. I spoke wit VAC last week, and they had mentioned that the they were accepting email applications till 14th October. Not sure if they have started to accept mail applications since then. Anyway, thanks for your quick replies. Appreciate your help.

Reactions: gokul0989

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
No, since the VACs are closed, they have introduced the option of applying for PRTD through email. They approve the prtd through email, but the stamping cannot be issued on the passport due to closure of VACs where we need to submit the passport to get the stamping. Alternatively, after receiving the PRTD approval, you plan to leave to Canada within 30 days, we can submit the itinerary to get a Letter of Authorization which allows you to travel without a counterfoil stamping on your passport. If you are ready to wait until VFS opens, then they will send passport request email after that you can submit the passport to get the stamping done.
do you have to ask request for passport to be submitted if you dont submit travel iternary
can you submit the passports to VFS along with email approval?

varyy

Feb 28, 2020

hi , I am Varinder .

I really need your help for applying PRTD . I was in Canada as student , then worker and got my permanent residency on June 4 ,2020 .
Then I move back to INDIA , as my grandfather is not well . I got my PR card on my Canadian address , but you know I cant use it .
so I WANT TO APPLY FOR PRTD . I know we have to apply on this email IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca . but did not understand process .

so there are two forms imm5524e (main form) and imm5627e ..
for imm5627e , we have to only send copies of two scanned photos , passport , study and work permit .
for residence obligation - 2 notice of assessments 2018 and 2019 , 2 banks statement will be enough . Also do we have to print out original imm5627e form or just send documents to mentioned email .

for imm5627e - first print out document and fill with pen ?or fill in using adobe reader ?
what is date of receipt stamp at post ? Can you explain me what to do with imm5627e form .

Do we have to pay before 50 dollars before sending documents to email .

In the end please explain me full process how you apply for PRTD . I know I am asking a little bit more , but please help me . I know you got your prtd approval email .

Now its taking time , so I don't want to apply wrong , so that I HAVE TO WAIT .
PLEASE HELP ME
THANKS IN ADVANCE

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Ah!, Okay, understood. Makes sense. I spoke wit VAC last week, and they had mentioned that the they were accepting email applications till 14th October. Not sure if they have started to accept mail applications since then. Anyway, thanks for your quick replies. Appreciate your help.
@gokul0989 I have another question. The document checklist for PRTD (Form IMM 5627e) asks to submit other proofs to demonstrate that I meet residency obligation. The thing its only 9 months since I became PR, and hence there is no question of me no meeting residency obligation. Did you submit documents to demonstrate this? Also, can u confirm that the final set of documents included the main application (IMM5524e), 2 photos, original passport, document checklist, CoPR and Fee Receipt? Did you include any other document in addition to this?

Thank you for your help.

MKAGJJ

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
File Transfer...
14-05-2015
Med's Request
31-12-2015
Med's Done....
7-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-2016
Hi everyone I'm currently travelling to Pakistan and was on a valid work permit until yesterday when I received my copr. I was an inland applicant. I have my return flight in a few days and no time to apply for a PRTD. Can I re enter on my TRV and work permit? Any thoughts?

sahib 123

Jun 26, 2016
Hi everyone I'm currently travelling to Pakistan and was on a valid work permit until yesterday when I received my copr. I was an inland applicant. I have my return flight in a few days and no time to apply for a PRTD. Can I re enter on my TRV and work permit? Any thoughts?
Hi,
Work permit visa is not valid when you become PR , so you have to apply for PRTD

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
@gokul0989 I have another question. The document checklist for PRTD (Form IMM 5627e) asks to submit other proofs to demonstrate that I meet residency obligation. The thing its only 9 months since I became PR, and hence there is no question of me no meeting residency obligation. Did you submit documents to demonstrate this? Also, can u confirm that the final set of documents included the main application (IMM5524e), 2 photos, original passport, document checklist, CoPR and Fee Receipt? Did you include any other document in addition to this?

Thank you for your help.
Hi, I submitted the following documents
1. PRTD application form
2. PRTD application checklist
3. Passport copy
4. Photos
5. Fee payment receipt
6. Travel documents for last 5 years
7. List of activities and employment for the last 5 years
8. Copy of COPR and one time entry PR visa stamped on passport.

I only submitted these documents and did not add any further.

SrivaniD

Apr 7, 2019
Hi,

Yes, we need to submit a copy of COPR which shows your proof of landing. That is the document which shows you meet the Residential Obligation. Also, attach a copy of the One time entry PR stamping received on your passport.

We can send separately as a attachment. I pasted my photograph on the physical application form and then scanned and mailed it. I couldn't attach it on the application form in PDF format.

Sorry for the delayed response.
Hey Gokul, thanks a bunch for your help. Got my PRTD approved yesterday!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi , I am Varinder .

I really need your help for applying PRTD . I was in Canada as student , then worker and got my permanent residency on June 4 ,2020 .
Then I move back to INDIA , as my grandfather is not well . I got my PR card on my Canadian address , but you know I cant use it .
so I WANT TO APPLY FOR PRTD . I know we have to apply on this email IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca . but did not understand process .

so there are two forms imm5524e (main form) and imm5627e ..
for imm5627e , we have to only send copies of two scanned photos , passport , study and work permit .
for residence obligation - 2 notice of assessments 2018 and 2019 , 2 banks statement will be enough . Also do we have to print out original imm5627e form or just send documents to mentioned email .

for imm5627e - first print out document and fill with pen ?or fill in using adobe reader ?
what is date of receipt stamp at post ? Can you explain me what to do with imm5627e form .

Do we have to pay before 50 dollars before sending documents to email .

In the end please explain me full process how you apply for PRTD . I know I am asking a little bit more , but please help me . I know you got your prtd approval email .

Now its taking time , so I don't want to apply wrong , so that I HAVE TO WAIT .
PLEASE HELP ME
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Get someone to courier your PR card to India if you have received it in Canada. It will be much easier.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you’ll be fine with your TRV and work permit. You will need to prove that you qualify to travel to Canada given the travel restrictions. Are you married to a Canadian PR or citizen? If so you need to travel with proof of your marriage and proof of your spouse‘s status. If not married you need to prove that you are actively working and living in Canada with a note from your employer, proof of a lease or mortgage, etc.

varyy

Feb 28, 2020
Hi, I submitted the following documents
1. PRTD application form
2. PRTD application checklist
3. Passport copy
4. Photos
5. Fee payment receipt
6. Travel documents for last 5 years
7. List of activities and employment for the last 5 years
8. Copy of COPR and one time entry PR visa stamped on passport.

I only submitted these documents and did not add any further.
Get someone to courier your PR card to India if you have received it in Canada. It will be much easier.
Thanks for replying , but I think I can't use my PR card if I have in India . First of all , PR card only mailed to Canadian address . As I left out Canada , I use Indian passport .
Can anyone explain me this

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replying , but I think I can't use my PR card if I have in India . First of all , PR card only mailed to Canadian address . As I left out Canada , I use Indian passport .
Can anyone explain me this
Did you receive your PR card in Canada? Thought I read that it had been received. Most send it to a friend or family’s address in Canada.

If you haven’t received your PR card in Canada then yes you need to apply for a PRTD to return.