+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Hello, I would like to know about your situation,Just wanna know if it matches mine. So, In my case, I applied for PR when I was in Canada. I left Canada and receive COPR. Is that the case? Can you tell me time line or your situation? That will help me alot.

Thanks!
No we don't have same case.
Mine is removed as a minor case and I had CoPR and PR Card at the time I left Canada.
It took 6 months after applying to receive PPR.

gauri_ss

Aug 25, 2021
Thank you .
Hi,
How long did it take for you to get PRTD and what exactly is the document checklist for this?
Whenever I try to open documents checklist, it doesn't open.
I am currently in Canada and awaiting CoPR. I am expecting to get it this week. But I need to travel to India urgently and I would not get PR card until then. So I just wanted to assess the risk associated with this in terms of getting the PRTD on time and if it can be complicated to show PRTD at the airport instead of proper visa or PR card.

Thanks,
Gauri

nitabonde

Aug 15, 2021
Hi
I had applied for PRTD on 16 thAug..just recieved electronic acknowledge at time of submission..nothing after that ..tried to fill the webform but there is nothing like PRTD application in the types they have provided..can anyone guide please?

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Hi
I had applied for PRTD on 16 thAug..just recieved electronic acknowledge at time of submission..nothing after that ..tried to fill the webform but there is nothing like PRTD application in the types they have provided..can anyone guide please?
Try sending the same email again or send the reminder email.

thand

Aug 19, 2021
My passport is stamped and has been shipped back to me today. Here's my timeline:

Application by Email: January 05, 2021
Acknowledgement of Receipt: January 05, 2021
Passport Request: January 21, 2021
Two Way Courier Requested: January 21, 2021
Payment Link Received: January 24, 2021 (Completed payment same day)
AWB Number Received: January 27, 2021
Package dropped off at local Blue Dart: January 28, 2021 (For some reason they did not accept it on 27th)
Passport stamped and decision package couriered back: February 01, 2021
Hi

For new PR candidates, we need to provide any document for Residency Obligation, like we will be there for 730days after going back to Canada

manish_canada

Aug 22, 2014
Could anybody please let me know the duration of PRTD visa that they are getting from India? Also let me know is it single entry or multiple entry?

Anoop1982

Jul 23, 2021
As from last couple of days it seems that no body got emails, passport request..... I hope it is slow due to covid cases increasing in canada.... it is slowly increasing there..... am I right??

shreddy

Jun 27, 2016
I think it is slow because of govt is working on Afghanistan Crisis(refugees or visas), I think it should settle down this week mostly.

Last edited:

kailashnadh9

Jun 22, 2021
Hi Guys, Im going to apply for PRTD today and have couple of questions regarding the application,
1)Do we need to send all the documents in the email individually or should we make a single PDF for all the documents and send the email?
2)Document checklist says we need to send 2 copies of photo and valid passport. But since this is a email application Is it fine to just send one photo in the form of JPG and attach in PDF?

shreddy

Jun 27, 2016
I have sent separate pdf's(or docs) in one email
I have also sent one photo in the form of JPG in the same email, one photo was attached/affixed to the application printout and scanned as a pdf and sent in the same email