+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time: GSS stream

Amitabh Rathi

Sep 10, 2021
Hi All, Lawyers of my organization applied for ICT visa on 27th August 2021 , under 2 weeks priority processing. Biometrics we're completed on 7th Sept 2021. Any idea when can I expect to hear anything from IRCC? Do ICT visa's gets refused often?

m1988z

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
I am also a postdoc and applied for WP in april 2021. My visa office is Abu Dhab and I am still waiting for decision
Thanks for your reply

so shouldn’t they process them in two weeks?

how did you know where is your visa office?
Did you know any telegram group for postdoc?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Thanks for your reply

so shouldn’t they process them in two weeks?

how did you know where is your visa office?
Did you know any telegram group for postdoc?
After I sent a message to IRCC through my Gckey account, they informed me that my visa office is Abu Dhabi

No, I have no knowledge if there exists any postdoc group

m1988z

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
You can write to IRCC through "report a problem or mistake on this page" you can see this option at the bottom of your Gckey. Just click it and write you message, it will be sent to IRCC ottawa.
Do they reply it quicker than webform?

do you have any idea about your file status? I mean eligibility and background check?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Do they reply it quicker than webform?

do you have any idea about your file status? I mean eligibility and background check?
Yes based on my experience, they reply quicker. When I asked about my application, they replied that my application is in progress and informed me that my application is being proceased at Abu Dhabi.

Since then I use webform and sent message directly to Abu Dhabi.

Regarding my apllication, last week i recieved a message from abu dhabi that currently they are conducting a background verification. Likely they are verifying the additional documents I sent last month.

m1988z

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yes based on my experience, they reply quicker. When I asked about my application, they replied that my application is in progress and informed me that my application is being proceased at Abu Dhabi.

Since then I use webform and sent message directly to Abu Dhabi.

Regarding my apllication, last week i recieved a message from abu dhabi that currently they are conducting a background verification. Likely they are verifying the additional documents I sent last month.
Thanks for your information

Did you apply work permit for postdoc? Why it takes such a long time?

m1988z

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Thank you for the wishes.

I applied from Pakistan.
Hi again

I sent the request in the way you said- but just received a very generic response which the main point is referred to Afghanistan! They did not respond my questions!
May they send more specific response later?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi again

I sent the request in the way you said- but just received a very generic response which the main point is referred to Afghanistan! They did not respond my questions!
May they send more specific response later?
No they reply once for each query. Wait a week or 2 and try again. Afghanistan situation is something new and dont know how long IRCC will continue using this auto reply due to Afghanistan.

Alternatively, try search in this forum to see where applications from your country go. Then send a message to that particular visa office.

I know its a hard situation that we even dont know the place our applications are processed

Last edited:

m1988z

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
No they reply once for each query. Wait a week or 2 and try again. Afghanistan situation is something new and dont know how long IRCC will continue using this auto reply due to Afghanistan.

Alternatively, try search in this forum to see where applications from your country go. Then send a message to that particular visa office.

I know its a hard situation that we even dont know the place our applications are processed
Thank you! I searched a lot- someone said Ankara- but some found Beirut in notes- or even Edmonton-

the covid situation was the previous reason for their autoreply!Always they have a bad reason for their low speed system

but how you can hold your position this long time?