+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time: GSS stream

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Some encouraging news.
June 30, 2021

The instructions have been updated to align with previously published instructions on processing open temporary resident visa (TRV) applications during the pandemic:

• Open TRV applications for applicants who are not eligible to travel to Canada during the pandemic can now be processed to a final decision.
  • Offices can determine to what extent they have the capacity to process these non-priority applications.

Reactions: ezechem24

ezechem24

Mar 6, 2020
My spouse (open work permit) and I (Work Permit- LMIA Exempt) received our passport requests. There was no passport request for my 2 sons visitor visa application. We submitted our application as one. Any idea if this is normal or what next to do?

Below is my timeline:

Submitted: June 7th, 2021
Upfront Medical: June 7th, 2021
Biometrics: June 8th, 2021
MEP: June 29, 2021
PPR (Me and spouse only): June 29, 2021

Any reference to similar case would be appreciated as well.
Thanks to everyone here. I got my children's PPR this morning. Wish you all the very best of luck.

Reactions: powereng1982

asciivnit

Mar 19, 2017
Happy to hear that finally, you are now in Canada. I am actually not hoping for an exact 2 weeks processing but at least make it priority processing than the normal 39 weeks processing in UAE.

Hows your travel going to Canada? Which airport? Can you share some details / experience? Which country you are from and the 14 days quarantine? How it's like from the airport to Canada?
Hi buddy

Same situation from UAE - can we connect to stay in touch? whatsapp is +971 549980472

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
GTS applicant here with LMIA. Submitted on 17th August and still waiting.

How long is it taking currently?
My Employer filed for LMIA approval under GTS stream on 10th August, no response yet. Do you already have positive LMIA? If yes, then how long did it take?

toadesina

Sep 18, 2021
My spouse (open work permit) and I (Work Permit- LMIA Exempt) received our passport requests. There was no passport request for my 2 sons visitor visa application. We submitted our application as one. Any idea if this is normal or what next to do?

Below is my timeline:

Submitted: June 7th, 2021
Upfront Medical: June 7th, 2021
Biometrics: June 8th, 2021
MEP: June 29, 2021
PPR (Me and spouse only): June 29, 2021

Any reference to similar case would be appreciated as well.
Do you have any ideas about which visa office processed your applications and did you have to contact them?

toadesina

Sep 18, 2021
Any ideas about visa office processing work permit applications submitted online from outside Canada? I see some post saying its CPC-Edmonton