+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time: GSS stream

A-Z

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Just FYI guys, do send a letter to IRCC covid email. Even though I don’t know if my approval had anything to do with it but it doesn’t hurt to try. I sent a letter by myself without proper documentations just some basic offer letters and explained hoew my job will provide benefits to essential business (which is basically none). Use your imaginations, you can find some.
Hi. Does one receive an auto reply after sending a letter to IRCC covid email address? I sent an email 3 days ago and haven't received any confirmation from them :(

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Hello all,

Sorry, I couldn't reply many of you as I very recently entered to Canada..
I arrived in Canada, and I didn't have any issues upon arrival..
Documents I had:

-temporary work visa ( GTS ) stamp on passport
-Letter of introduction uploaded by IRCC on my account
-Printout address of the Place to stay for self isolation
-Letter from company highlighting I am needed, business works as usual, work is considered essential etc.

Best of luck

frasts

Aug 23, 2017
Hi all,

I applied for the GSS within Canada (due to the pandemic situation I couldn't leave, but they told me it was going to be processed as if applied from outside Canada).
I emailed to ask about my timeline (it's almost two months since my application) and here was the reply:

"Your application was not eligible for 2 week processing under GSS because you are already residing in Canada.
However, your application is in currently in queue for final review by an officer, and no additional information is required at this time. We expect to have a decision shortly."

Has anyone received this type of reply and knows what "shortly" means?

Thanks!

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hello all,

Documents I had:

-Letter from company highlighting I am needed, business works as usual, work is considered essential etc.

Best of luck
Did you have to submit an expedite letter? Did you file your application from India, by any chance?

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
I got my GCMS notes yesterday
. Seems my Work Permit has been approved since August 5th, same day I got Correspondence, yet I have not gotten PPR

FerasZain

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hello all,

Documents I had:

Best of luck
Good Luck :)

Sanita

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hi guys
We have called immigration yesterday and they said they are reviewing our employer expedite request and security . Anybody has any idea how long woukd it take them to make decision ? My husband has applied for work permit with positive LMIA and has job offer from outside canada and applied open work permit for me.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Hi guys
We have called immigration yesterday and they said they are reviewing our employer expedite request and security . Anybody has any idea how long woukd it take them to make decision ? My husband has applied for work permit with positive LMIA and has job offer from outside canada and applied open work permit for me.
Please what number did you call immigration with and what did you say. Did you have to give your UCI and application number?

Sanita

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Please what number did you call immigration with and what did you say. Did you have to give your UCI and application number?
As we are outside canada first download textnow then call this number (905) 676 3640 this is Canada Border Service agency in Toronto pearson airport then you can select botton 2 and connect to immigration the line is too busy it took us an hour to connect. yes you need to have UCI and application number. best luck

frasts

Aug 23, 2017
Hi,
I have applied for a visa through the GSS and have received my letter 10 days ago. Since I am currently in Canada (even tho the visa is processed outside Canada as usual), the visa will be mailed to my place. Any idea how long that takes? I need to leave soon and I'd rather have the visa in hand.
Thanks!

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
House, after the recent updates on VACs in India...has anyone that submitted ICT GSS from India received the approval letter/PPR ?

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
March 17 Online Submission
March 18 Bio Letter Request
March 19 Bio Submitted
August 7, BVL Received
Approval: Waiting for update

NOC 1123 - BC
LMIA Exempt

What's your details and timelines
Have you received the final decision? did you ask for GCMS notes?

Thanks

anjung

Sep 28, 2020
I was wondering if I should send another webform to ircc.. not sure if multiple webform harms my application.. on june 12th, I sent webform along with company letter saying that I will begin to work once i arrive to Canada and highlight of faster processing in the company letter..
Did you get visa?
Please share your timeline.