+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time for temporary work permit

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
@lynnard- nope haven't received anything aside from the AOR from last week. I heard there are some backlog at the CIC that's causing the delay of some applications(not sure though). My friend who submitted his application a week earlier than mine hasn't received anything yet(Even AOR). How about you? Any updates?

Glutten

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Hi james

AOR means a receipt frm embassy? My cousin submitted her aplication sencond week of july and she doent receiv anything yet, a few days later my my other cousin submited her papers and she did receiv a receipt from d embassy(both from cic makati). While mine was submited 2weeks ago but i have receiv anything from them.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
@ Glutten- yep it's a receipt from the embassy. It's a confirmation of your application and it's also indicated that it's already on queue for review. There are also reminders. Some received their AOR together with their Medical instructions but I haven't received any medical instructions yet. I received my AOR exactly 1 month after

Glutten

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Ah om james thanks ill inform my cousins regarding this, mine was submitted here in cic abudhabi same with lash... And we dont require to have medical here. I submitted my old passport which is about to expire, and the new one will be release soon, how will i submit the new one if i havent receiv anything from them yet? Should i wait for thier request for my new passPort?hope to here from them soon;) goodluck

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
@ Glutten- I'm not sure about the processing system of abu dahbi but based from what I read from other forums the CIC will request for your passport. Because here in the Philippines all documents will be sent together(including passport). Good luck and God Bless.

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
@ james6
nope. i havent received anything yet. I did ask you just to know or i have an idea if how long the applicaion will get result. hope we wont be affected by the backlog if ever it's true. ill just post any update ill be receiving from my applicaion.

j.d

Jul 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys. ask lang po if na checheck po ba online yung status ng application ng temporary worker sa embassy ng canada d2 sa manila? thanks.. :)

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
I don't think we can check the current status for TWP applications. The best way to do it is to call the call center after the normal processing time which is 8 weeks in the Philippines...

Ahmed Kamran

Aug 12, 2011
Dear Senior,

I am a telecom consultant working in dubai, UAE.
I have applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) after getting sponsorship from a canadian recruiting company. M NOC is 9990.7.

i have submitted my complete package on 13th june along with Demand Draft of 450$, However i have not received any feedback even after 8 weeks (where as on wen they say a time frame of 7 weeks).

Now i urgently need my passport back (since i have sent my original PP along with other documents( as per instruction from my Representative). My representative is saying that only way to request the passport is by sending them an email.

I have requsted the canadian immigration in Abu Dhabi using email to send me back my passport since i have a business committment, however even after 10 days i have not received any feedback.

Can someone please help me as how to receive my passport urgently.

BR
, Kamran

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahmed Kamran said:
Dear Senior,

I am a telecom consultant working in dubai, UAE.
I have applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) after getting sponsorship from a canadian recruiting company. M NOC is 9990.7.

i have submitted my complete package on 13th june along with Demand Draft of 450$, However i have not received any feedback even after 8 weeks (where as on wen they say a time frame of 7 weeks).

Now i urgently need my passport back (since i have sent my original PP along with other documents( as per instruction from my Representative). My representative is saying that only way to request the passport is by sending them an email.

I have requsted the canadian immigration in Abu Dhabi using email to send me back my passport since i have a business committment, however even after 10 days i have not received any feedback.

Can someone please help me as how to receive my passport urgently.

BR
, Kamran
Please do not multi-post, it doesn't help you get replies.

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
My friend just submitted her application last week and she had received her AOR today it took only 1 week... while some submitted their application 3weeks or more ago but they haven't recieved AOR yet. My question is why the embassy dont follow the first come first serve basis? Those who received their AOR is it means they will probably will receive their medical referral earlier than those whoe received their AOR late?

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
I received my medical instruction today (Aug. 16). They are requesting for SSS employment history and contribution my problem is that my current employer started my SSS contribution a year after(2010) I was hired but on my Certificate I started 2009.. What should I do? Is this critical?

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
@ hi.. just want to share my story. my husband is currently working in canada (with renewed 2nd year work permit). his employer also sponsored me and a friend of ours. my application was picked up june 17, while my friend june 27. my friend received the acknowledgement receipt (ar)/letter dated july 28 while I was left waiting. I called the call center just to ask if they already received my docs since its over a month but i still haven't received any replies from them. the agent told me it was received by the embassy june 18 and now in process. the agent advised me to write an email inquiring for my ar and confirmation on the receipt of my documents. my email was immediately confirmed received by the embassy (automatic reply). But aside from receipt of email, it also says that they will review my letter and will only reply once my query exceeded the standard processing time (they quoted 28 days) or if answer to my query cannot be found in their website. Aside from that notices, no concrete answer was given to me via email. However, 3 days after my email.. i received my medical instruction this morning.. but still with no ar.
During my husband's time in 2009.. it was only a week after pick up of his docs did he received the ar & medical instruction (nov 18 receipt date by embassy of canada). Dec. 26, his visa, passport and submitted docs were returned. Really under 2 months processing schedule. Just don't know why its kinda long this time.