+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Mar 11, 2017
Hi, my wife sponsor me, I did my medical in Lagos Nigeria August 28th, 2 days later August 30th my medical showed Medical Passed. It’s 2 month 2day , have not see any updates,
Pls did anyone know how long it takes to get PR after Medical passed, from Lagos Nigeria.
Thanks waiting for your response.

Mar 11, 2017
Took 14 days for me, but my suggestion is call them everyday. I called twice a day almost everyday. Because I called I found out my passport has been dispatched so I collected it the same day (Friday) and I flew to Canada on Saturday. After arriving in Canada on Sunday, I received an email from VFS on Monday evening saying my passport is ready for collection!!!! Imagine, if I had just waited for that email??!!!!
@gobiy Very good news! Congratulations!! Good Luck with your move to Canada!

Hi, my wife sponsor me, I did my medical in Lagos Nigeria August 28th, 2 days later August 30th my medical showed Medical Passed. It’s 2 month 2day , have not see any updates,
Pls did anyone know how long it takes to get PR after Medical passed, from Lagos Nigeria.

Mar 11, 2017

Congratulations ...

shivsan

Nov 2, 2018
Thanks for your reply. In which way they contact me? mentioned my E.mail with my application and also my postal Address

shivsan

Nov 2, 2018
Hi Everyone
My Case Process going on. Can i apply for a upfront medical request for panel physician or e medical request . Is possible to get upfront medical without visa office consent letter . I have a application number and UCI number too.

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hi Everyone
My Case Process going on. Can i apply for a upfront medical request for panel physician or e medical request . Is possible to get upfront medical without visa office consent letter . I have a application number and UCI number too.
I think it's impossible. You have to be there with embassy letter

thiva

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
colombo
Hi Guys, i am new to this forum. My wife has an interview at the VO and was asked to bring ---"Proof of past and recent communication between you and your Sponsor. Proof of communication should reflect the Date/Month/year, (not phone cards)."
i am wondering if the call logs from whatsapp is good or if we need to print the actual contents in the chat and translate them? if anyone who attended the interview in the past please advise. thank you
I gave them viber conversation printout 30 pages with application. You need to translate if that conversation not in English.

thiva

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
colombo
Hi Everyone
I don’t think it will work. I would say you had better wait for the request latter. And they will issue visa according the medical expire dat.

jbala

Nov 8, 2018
Hi everyone.

Just thought I share my story and my timeline to help anyone I can possible can. I been silently viewing this forum when I can for information.

I send in my application Dec 7,2017.
I got acknowledge that my application was in progress Jan 25,2018. Two weeks later it was sent to Colombo Visa Office.
I got my medical request in May 15 and my wife completed the medical in Astri Hospital and medical pass took couple of days.
After long delay, I got a letter for a interview. My wife went to interview at the 10:00 AM Oct 30. interview was only 15min for her but some other people it was over an 1hr. Same day later I got email to submit the passport at the VFS office.
My wife submitted the passport following day. currently waiting to get it back. its been 5 business days, still have not got it back, however when I check my sponsor online status it says Final decision:- Your application is approved and it also shows visa expire of next year 2019 may.

tips: try to give much information you can when you submit your application when you can to prevent from delaying like mine taking upto 11 months. I used a person to help me fill the form and paid money for it. it was useless cause they only told me to submit the basic requirement.

Try submit everything you can like phone conversions(everything from facebook replies, messenger,viber,whatsapp). they don't care if its not translated. they looking for date,time, if it has your name and numbers. photos with both people together, receipts, money transfer receptis, greeting cards, wedding receipts, plane ticket, boarding pass, if you send a package to sri lanka or canada, send that receipt too.

Another reason it was delayed for me is, I only did wedding registration in sri lanka not full hindu wedding. Officer who was doing interviewer mentioned it takes longer if its just wedding registration and they have to ask more question in the interview. Lucky for me, I went back in May 2018 and got married in sri lanka. So i had more prove to show during interview. When my wife mention our wedding was completed in sri lanka, officer was very happy.

They ask for phone conversion and wedding albums and wedding receipts, notice of assessment for interview.
My wife took lot more than this. Greeting cards, wedding cards, phone conversion all available messengers, money transfer receipts, honey moon photos and receipts from it. Make sure you label each one what they are. Officer does not have time to review and figure what each receipt is. I made portfolio for my wife with detailing each receipts and evidence with a Title page. Officer took like 10 min to review and my wife was called into interview after that.

Question asked: When you or your family decide about this wedding, how long you known the person and how do you talk to them before wedding. What your husband do for living, and what company he is working for and how much does he make. Basic questions.

hope this helps. Good luck everyone.

ricky101

Oct 29, 2018
Hi everyone.

Just thought I share my story and my timeline to help anyone I can possible can. I been silently viewing this forum when I can for information.

I send in my application Dec 7,2017.
I got acknowledge that my application was in progress Jan 25,2018. Two weeks later it was sent to Colombo Visa Office.
I got my medical request in May 15 and my wife completed the medical in Astri Hospital and medical pass took couple of days.
After long delay, I got a letter for a interview. My wife went to interview at the 10:00 AM Oct 30. interview was only 15min for her but some other people it was over an 1hr. Same day later I got email to submit the passport at the VFS office.
My wife submitted the passport following day. currently waiting to get it back. its been 5 business days, still have not got it back, however when I check my sponsor online status it says Final decision:- Your application is approved and it also shows visa expire of next year 2019 may.

tips: try to give much information you can when you submit your application when you can to prevent from delaying like mine taking upto 11 months. I used a person to help me fill the form and paid money for it. it was useless cause they only told me to submit the basic requirement.

Try submit everything you can like phone conversions(everything from facebook replies, messenger,viber,whatsapp). they don't care if its not translated. they looking for date,time, if it has your name and numbers. photos with both people together, receipts, money transfer receptis, greeting cards, wedding receipts, plane ticket, boarding pass, if you send a package to sri lanka or canada, send that receipt too.

Another reason it was delayed for me is, I only did wedding registration in sri lanka not full hindu wedding. Officer who was doing interviewer mentioned it takes longer if its just wedding registration and they have to ask more question in the interview. Lucky for me, I went back in May 2018 and got married in sri lanka. So i had more prove to show during interview. When my wife mention our wedding was completed in sri lanka, officer was very happy.

They ask for phone conversion and wedding albums and wedding receipts, notice of assessment for interview.
My wife took lot more than this. Greeting cards, wedding cards, phone conversion all available messengers, money transfer receipts, honey moon photos and receipts from it. Make sure you label each one what they are. Officer does not have time to review and figure what each receipt is. I made portfolio for my wife with detailing each receipts and evidence with a Title page. Officer took like 10 min to review and my wife was called into interview after that.

Question asked: When you or your family decide about this wedding, how long you known the person and how do you talk to them before wedding. What your husband do for living, and what company he is working for and how much does he make. Basic questions.

hope this helps. Good luck everyone.
wow that's really nice of you to let us know all about it. Thank you