+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

jbala

Nov 8, 2018
Some people say 3-5 days. I don't know the exact number of days... for me it took exactly 14 days. All I can say is don't wait for the VFS tracking, just call them often. I called VFS almost 2 times a day.
Hello can you confirm the number you being calling to get update. My VFS tracking says its been dispatched from Canada Visa Office on the Nov 8 but no change since then. My wife has been trying to call them using the number on their website: Tel:- 011759 8530. No one is picking up.

not sure what is going on.

thiva

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
colombo
Hello can you confirm the number you being calling to get update. My VFS tracking says its been dispatched from Canada Visa Office on the Nov 8 but no change since then. My wife has been trying to call them using the number on their website: Tel:- 011759 8530. No one is picking up.

not sure what is going on.
If dispatched, you will receive today or tomorrow.

shivsan

Nov 2, 2018
Hi Guys
Colombo Local Visa Office ask again Imm5669 ( Schedule A Back ground Declaration ). Already i Summit along with my Application Package. So they Ask again . Can i send through GC key. ( online require ) Is it mandatory for Principal Applicant Signature? Or Just Mention the Name of the Index Box . Can Any one tell me? Thanking You.God bless all.

Nishanthan

Nov 14, 2018
Hello there,

I have submitted my passport on 5th of November and received three mails like below;

Visa application, tracking ID No. has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
Regards,

VFS Globa

Visa application, tracking ID No. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at , on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center . Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.
Regards,

VFS Global

Visa application, tracking ID No. has been received at the VAC on and is on transit to the IRCC Office in ,for processing. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
Regards,

VFS Global

All of them I received on same day 10th Nov, they delayed because they has system issues on that week. till not I haven't received any mail or call from them to collect. Please give me advise what I need to do now? just wait or go and check in VFS?

Thurai

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hello there,

I have submitted my passport on 5th of November and received three mails like below;

Visa application, tracking ID No. has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
Regards,

VFS Globa

Visa application, tracking ID No. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at , on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center . Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.
Regards,

VFS Global

Visa application, tracking ID No. has been received at the VAC on and is on transit to the IRCC Office in ,for processing. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
Regards,

VFS Global

All of them I received on same day 10th Nov, they delayed because they has system issues on that week. till not I haven't received any mail or call from them to collect. Please give me advise what I need to do now? just wait or go and check in VFS?
Your timeline please?

ricky101

Oct 29, 2018
Hi Guys
we got our PPR today
here is the time line
Applied in Feb 2018
Received Letter from Canada saying i am not illegible in August 2018
I replied back and told them to proceed with the application and resent them a document they missed ( even though i sent it with the initial application)
File got Sent to Colombo August 2018
Got Letter saying i am eligible in September 2018
Medical request came September 2018
Medical passed September 2018
Interview request in Oct 2018
Today we had the interview at 10:30,i flew to attend the interview with my wife to express our concerns
The Visa officer really put both of us on a hot seat to find out if its a real marriage, interview took an hour
at the end he said he was satisfied and told me you will hear from us
later in the day got PPR

To all, This is one of the tough part in our lives i understand this can be very frustrating, but the key is to be patient and be positive and submit all the sufficient document, you might even have to resubmit even if you send it along with the initial application. I don't think there is a way for them to pick and choose the files, its all in our luck. but for sure they have to process within the 12 months, if the application is passed the twelve months you should contact them and get your MP involved. I hope you all reunite with your loved ones soon. Good Luck

Thurai

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hi Guys
we got our PPR today
here is the time line
Applied in Feb 2018
Received Letter from Canada saying i am not illegible in August 2018
I replied back and told them to proceed with the application and resent them a document they missed ( even though i sent it with the initial application)
File got Sent to Colombo August 2018
Got Letter saying i am eligible in September 2018
Medical request came September 2018
Medical passed September 2018
Interview request in Oct 2018
Today we had the interview at 10:30,i flew to attend the interview with my wife to express our concerns
The Visa officer really put both of us on a hot seat to find out if its a real marriage, interview took an hour
at the end he said he was satisfied and told me you will hear from us
later in the day got PPR

To all, This is one of the tough part in our lives i understand this can be very frustrating, but the key is to be patient and be positive and submit all the sufficient document, you might even have to resubmit even if you send it along with the initial application. I don't think there is a way for them to pick and choose the files, its all in our luck. but for sure they have to process within the 12 months, if the application is passed the twelve months you should contact them and get your MP involved. I hope you all reunite with your loved ones soon. Good Luck
Congratulations

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hi Guys
Colombo Local Visa Office ask again Imm5669 ( Schedule A Back ground Declaration ). Already i Summit along with my Application Package. So they Ask again . Can i send through GC key. ( online require ) Is it mandatory for Principal Applicant Signature? Or Just Mention the Name of the Index Box . Can Any one tell me? Thanking You.God bless all.
Yes u can send through GC key. But PA signature is mandatory