+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

NPRA

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi everyone :)

Hope all are doing fine. Has anyone else submitted passport at vo and waiting for collection. Usually how long does it take.

Thank you

hopefulcanuck1

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Colombo
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
Hi everyone :)

Hope all are doing fine. Has anyone else submitted passport at vo and waiting for collection. Usually how long does it take.

Thank you
Took 14 days for me, but my suggestion is call them everyday. I called twice a day almost everyday. Because I called I found out my passport has been dispatched so I collected it the same day (Friday) and I flew to Canada on Saturday. After arriving in Canada on Sunday, I received an email from VFS on Monday evening saying my passport is ready for collection!!!! Imagine, if I had just waited for that email??!!!!

Reactions: gobiy

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Finally got an email saying that provide some sponsor documents. noticed of assessment, employer letter, last month pay stubs but Anyone can help what is mean by 'proof of financial support'?

Reactions: NPRA

NPRA

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Finally got an email saying that provide some sponsor documents. noticed of assessment, employer letter, last month pay stubs but Anyone can help what is mean by 'proof of financial support'?
Might be. But for sure this is a good sign. They will grant visa within a month.

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Anyone help me? Im principle applicant & im in srilanka now. I got an email that requested above mentioned details from me. But it's belongs to my wife. So I forwarded that email to my wife &she has sent requested details through email. But colombo replied her today like We sent xxxx (person) correspondence on October 19, 2018. If xxxx has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have xxxx do so as soon as possible. Please wait until xxxc receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. Wt is this?

ricky101

Oct 29, 2018
Hi Guys, i am new to this forum. My wife has an interview at the VO and was asked to bring ---"Proof of past and recent communication between you and your Sponsor. Proof of communication should reflect the Date/Month/year, (not phone cards)."
i am wondering if the call logs from whatsapp is good or if we need to print the actual contents in the chat and translate them? if anyone who attended the interview in the past please advise. thank you

Thurai

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hi Guys, i am new to this forum. My wife has an interview at the VO and was asked to bring ---"Proof of past and recent communication between you and your Sponsor. Proof of communication should reflect the Date/Month/year, (not phone cards)."
i am wondering if the call logs from whatsapp is good or if we need to print the actual contents in the chat and translate them? if anyone who attended the interview in the past please advise. thank you
Your time line please? I think phone log activities or printout is enough.. i already submitted printouts with application